Don’t looks now but Joe Douglas former team is in worse shape than the Jets

GreekJet

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Don’t diss our next coach like that.?

I have to believe that JD is a smart man, and as that smart man, he will have seen the warts that are all over Doug Pederson. Hey, all coaches have warts. But Pederson looks in the mirror and thinks, "I am cute", and does the same stupid things over and over again. He just does not seem to learn by trial and error. And good coaches in this league are not that stubborn.

If this is JD's hire, I will seriously doubt his acumen of personnel.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Below is just a list of veteran (Vrabel is not veteran, but it would be hard to shoot holes in him) coaches I can consider better. I could also include younger coaches (Reich, Shanahan, LaFleur, Kingsbury, Flores, Rhule) that I personally believe are better than Pederson, but it would be easier to shoot holes in those. This is of course all subjective.

Belichick

Reid

Carroll

Payton

Harbaugh

Tomlin

McVay

Zimmer

Vrabel

Gruden

Rivera

Zimmer and Rivera? I wouldn’t take Gruden over him either tbh. I’m kind of with you but given the reality of things Pederson might end up being best bet. It would at least give me a silver lining of a maybe, hope. They’rd at least be some upside 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Zimmer and Rivera? I wouldn’t take Gruden over him either tbh. I’m kind of with you but given the reality of things Pederson might end up being best bet. It would at least give me a silver lining of a maybe, hope. They’rd at least be some upside 

These lists are obvioulsy subjective. 

That said, it would be a sad day for me, if Douglas hires Pederson. Key words, for me. And I have been wrong here before

The 2011 analogy isn't wrong. Outside of the rare few long term winning franchises most teams make these huge pushes to build SB competitive teams and then have to endure a couple rough years shedding some of the talent and rebuilding cap space. 

In our own boat if Tannenbaum had any idea how to draft or put together decent contracts or if he had not been replaced by a complete buffoon, and if the coach wasn't Rex on the backside of his coaching career then we may have had a really good run 2013-2015 or so. Unfortunately none of that happened and here we are.