Ja'Marr Chase

k-met57

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

1446773743_ScreenShot2021-01-14at1_42_37PM.thumb.png.933803af1c48dfb8216f296ea82f5d97.png

just sayin' that might not be a problem

But we'll see. 

That's interesting comparable, because i'd say he has more in common with Diggs then... well, some of other big play/down field guys he gets compared to.. i dunno, maybe that's in my head - but I feel like people want to liken him to more of a Dwayne Bowe, instead of say Diggs. They share some common ground on how they win at the catch point... on the other hand Diggs wasn't taken until later in the draft because he was sort used all over the place at Maryland if I remember - rather than conventional X/Z guy

I will admit though that that Ja'Mar lacks visible burst/speed. Not sure if that's just optics 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That's interesting comparable, because i'd say he has more in common with Diggs then... well, some of other big play/down field guys he gets compared to.. i dunno, maybe that's in my head - but I feel like people want to liken him to more of a Dwayne Bowe, instead of say Diggs. They share some common ground on how they win at the catch point... on the other hand Diggs wasn't taken until later in the draft because he was sort used all over the place at Maryland if I remember - rather than conventional X/Z guy

I will admit though that that Ja'Mar lacks visible burst/speed. Not sure if that's just optics 

Chase has been reported as running a 4.4 forty which would make him faster than Devonta Smith , how legit were those timing's is anyone's guess. He's certainly not a speed burner like a Jaylen Waddle but he's plenty fast enough for the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’m an amateur, so wtf do I know.

But when I watch Chase, his game seems more smooth and effortless than say a speedster or a size/speed freak. 

It reminds me what Diggs has done this year and maybe what A Brown has done in years past (and in the past 4 weeks). 

Don’t think those two wow you with freakish athleticism, but they’ve got the requisite NFL athletic ability, and they’re just really good at their position. Both routinely make the guy lining up against them look bad - even if that dude is a better athlete.

I kinda feel like Chase is one of the safest players in the draft... so long as he hasn’t spent this past year sitting on the couch doing nothing.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

No. 
Took a year off to prepare for the draft.  There may not even be a combine so who knows what you are going to get. Also went to Diva U oh sport LSU. 

I agree.    Way too many unknowns to use a 1st rounder on.  There are other quality receivers in the draft, or even in FA.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Chase has been reported as running a 4.4 forty which would make him faster than Devonta Smith , how legit were those timing's is anyone's guess. He's certainly not a speed burner like a Jaylen Waddle but he's plenty fast enough for the NFL. 

Can't say i agree with that on the surface. Chase doesn't look faster than Smith at all... but who knows. It's gonna be interesting to see this play out. You have a unique situation with Chase vs Smith... the former was head and shoulders above the other WRs year before opting out... since then, Smith won the Heisman and crushed the NCAA lol. 

Stay tuned!