Another QB Thread

I'm a little drunk, a lot tired and haven't fully vetted this thought, so be gentle.

But are we witnessing a paradigm shift in the NFL in the sense that good QBs are only available via the draft?  Between Brady going to Tampa and winning a SB, Stafford going to LA with plenty left in the tank, and Watson potentially forcing his way of Houston, it sure feels that way to me.  Even throw in lesser QBs like Wentz and Darnold, who would rarely have been available before.

That said maybe it will be interesting to see if this off-season QB carousel has any impact on how teams view drafting a QB.  If teams think obtaining a legitimate starting QB in future off-season is a real possibility, they may be less likely to draft a QB higher than they deserve, which has happened countless times in the past.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm a little drunk, a lot tired and haven't fully vetted this thought, so be gentle.

But are we witnessing a paradigm shift in the NFL in the sense that good QBs are only available via the draft?  Between Brady going to Tampa and winning a SB, Stafford going to LA with plenty left in the tank, and Watson potentially forcing his way of Houston, it sure feels that way to me.  Even throw in lesser QBs like Wentz and Darnold, who would rarely have been available before.

That said maybe it will be interesting to see if this off-season QB carousel has any impact on how teams view drafting a QB.  If teams think obtaining a legitimate starting QB in future off-season is a real possibility, they may be less likely to draft a QB higher than they deserve, which has happened countless times in the past.

<13 % of the salary cap.  That’s what is happening 

If the Rex jets had done that instead of bringing in sanchez we may have won a super bowl imo.

I'm surprised at how in demand a guy like wentz seems to be, Stafford i;ve always thought was good.

Could a game like this even make a team rehink bidding high in watson if like the jets they have no talent.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the Rex jets had done that instead of bringing in sanchez we may have won a super bowl imo.

I'm surprised at how in demand a guy like wentz seems to be, Stafford i;ve always thought was good.

Could a game like this even make a team rehink bidding high in watson if like the jets they have no talent.

That's kind of where my head was going with it.  Are teams going as eager to add a QB to a bare cupboard?  Or will more teams try to get the pieces in place first, thinking that good vet QBs may not be as difficult to come by as they once were.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's kind of where my head was going with it.  Are teams going as eager to add a QB to a bare cupboard?  Or will more teams try to get the pieces in place first, thinking that good vet QBs may not be as difficult to come by as they once were.

Brady is a unique situation. Doubt there are many 40 + multi super bowl winning QBs looking to move teams. 

Good Vet QBs are not likely To be easily acquired on a whim. 

I get your point but if that’s a GM or coaches plan it probably fails far more often that it works in their favor. 

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Brady is a unique situation. Doubt there are many 40 + multi super bowl winning QBs looking to move teams. 

I get your point but if that’s a GM or coaches plan it probably fails far more often that it works in their favor. 

Well just adding the QB in general, not necessarily a vet, after the team is relatively established seems to have a much more proven track record than adding the QB first then adding around him later.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

Who you think has more value to NFL teams Marcus Mariota, or Sam Darnold( hasn’t done anything in his first three years).