Win rate % for 2020 defenders.

Just now, SR24 said:

Wait a minute I thought he was an overweight draft bust with no motor 

He's a stud and will be elite.

The only defender that offenses had to worry about last year.  Wait till we get Lawson and a few other guys out there to make the double-team decisions a little harder.

• Upvote 4

For our new free agent - I'm not sure if this data is subjective at all - but PFF had the following write up on Lawson: 

That lack of production from typically reliable veterans resulted in a team pressure rate of 22.8% on the season that ranked 31st in the NFL. The one bright spot for Cincinnati was Carl Lawson's play, whose 20.0% pass-rush win rate was one of the best marks in the league. He’ll likely command a sizable second contract in free agency this offseason.

That can be read here: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-pass-rush-rankings

Looks like he is just out of the top 10 at 20% - not bad for a 25 year old with very little help (Bengals overall were ranked 30th). 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

For our new free agent - I'm not sure if this data is subjective at all - but PFF had the following write up on Lawson: 

That lack of production from typically reliable veterans resulted in a team pressure rate of 22.8% on the season that ranked 31st in the NFL. The one bright spot for Cincinnati was Carl Lawson's play, whose 20.0% pass-rush win rate was one of the best marks in the league. He’ll likely command a sizable second contract in free agency this offseason.

That can be read here: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-pass-rush-rankings

Looks like he is just out of the top 10 at 20% - not bad for a 25 year old with very little help (Bengals overall were ranked 30th). 

Yep. Put the two of them next to each other and one or the other will absolutely feast on single-man blocking

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He's a stud and will be elite.

The only defender that offenses had to worry about last year.  Wait till we get Lawson and a few other guys out there to make the double-team decisions a little harder.

I don't think the decision will be hard.  You double Q every play.  Hopefully now they will pay for doing it though.  

• Upvote 1