Which "Franchise" QB Draft Candidate Has The Most Bust Potential?

The Gun Of Bavaria

Young will be the only quarterback to completely bust. Lineart will be a disappointment, a lefty Pennington. I could see Lineart being a Drew Brees type of quarterback, but he will need massive levels of talent surrounding him like he had at SC.

Jay Cutler will not be a bust. At the worst, he will be another Jake Delhomme.

Vince Young -

Leinart has to get into the right situation and team to succeed

Cutler is the biggest unknown- has the arm needs better mechanics and can he handle meaningful games with pressure -Vandy did not provide that

Most potential is probably Young,because if he can learn to be an NFL QB (and recent testing says he probably can't even put his jockstrap on right),he would be a dangerous weapon.

Most likely to fufill his full potential? Probably Cutler...he's played and suceeded at Vandy of all schools in an always rough SEC and probably has the best mental build to sustain a rocky first few years and put his physical tools to use as he matures.

....That said,I'd still rather wait a year since we're rebuilding the offense completely and grab Quinn who I feel will be a better pro than the 3 in this years draft because Charlie Weis will have him ready to play NFL ball from the start of his career.

I don't understand the Vick comarisons at all really. They are running qbs but comparing Vick to Young is like comparing Vick to Culpepper. Well they both run so they must be the same. Who cares if they do it differently. I think in the end, Young is going to be more like Culpepper than Vick. He's big and is better in the pocket than Vick and will only run when he absolutely has to. I don't see any way that he is a bust. If I had to pick one, it would be Leinart.

I only see Jay Culter as being a bust in this first round draft class.

Jay Cutler = Heath Schuler

I agree 100% with ya, Rsherry. I think Vince Young has the most potential and biggest upside of the three. He put up very similar passing numbers to the other two last year despite being labled a "running QB". It should be fun to watch these guys grow as players.

Greatest QB potential: Young then Cutler, then Leinart.

Greatest bust potential: Young, then Cutler, then Leinart.

The way I see it: Young has too much bust potential for our pick even when compared to his QB potential, leinart doesn't have enough potential to trade up to get him, and Cutler's QB potential is more than enough to justify his bust potential at our pick. On top of that, I'm more convinced every day that Tennissee will pass on Young and take Ferguson, so I really am starting to think Cutler is going to be our man.

Archived