Sam Darnold sits 1st preseason game

doitny

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I was one of those. I noticed the bad but I thought he would just get it one day and never look back. It never happened. It was somewhere around the Rams game when I realized that Sam would never ever be good in most likelihood.

Denver game for me. I believe he took a snap, dropped back a few steps, and then tripped over his feet or something, fell down and had to lay there and take a sack. Something like that. I just couldn't imagine one of the elite guys doing something so clumsy. I really thought he would breakout year 3 but the writing was on the wall after the BUFF game. Real shame.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

Cmon. This is a Darnold obsession. We can talk about the picks the day of next years draft.

Sure we can.  But me wanting a higher pick doesn't make me or anyone else "obsessed" with Sam Darnold.  Me being obsessed in other ways because I despise Mike Maccagnan and despise always having sh*tty QB's and the people who make excuses for them is a separate item.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I just don’t get this position where we’re not supposed to have emotional leanings.  Football fandom is a purely irrational, wholly emotional pursuit.

Let it burn!

If being a fan was "rational" we'd all be Steelers fans.  The Jets suck so I'm left with schadenfreude.  I've long ago come to terms with that being OK.  You saying that's OK is validating as well.

People need to let people fan sometimes.  None of us should even be here posting right now if fandom was rational.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not predicting he was never going to develop isn't an issue. It's the people who ardently attacked anyone who suggested it and now are dunking on how awful that Darnold are who should be ashamed of themselves. 

Go easy man.  Everyone wants to believe in a QB until they no longer can.  My belief in Darnold was based on one Rose Bowl game and little more.  I ignored the red flags until much later on.  Retroactively I should have looked closer and never should have believed in him, even if in reality I only fully stopped believing Week 1 in 2020.  I believed in Sanchez and Geno for a while too.

Some figured Darnold out sooner than others.  They can dunk on us and folks like me can dunk on the people who still believe in him.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Oh definitely, but I think getting hung up on an ex is just going to lead to more emotional damage, not less. 

Looking up an ex and finding out she got fat is very gratifying, sir.  Try it some time.  Sam Darnold is the fat girl.

The REAL reason so many people seem to have a problem with threads about ex-Jets is because they are quietly, or not so quietly, still rooting for them.  Which makes a lot less sense than those who choose to bash those ex-Jets. 

Never emotionally invest in a positive way with any individual current players, especially the bad ones.  That's the best lesson everyone should learn.  Makes it much easier to make fun of them when they're gone, and undoubtedly its more fun than rooting for them.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Anyway, I guess I got a little preachy before.

I just think people should be enjoying the fresh start with Zach Wilson and be thankful that we don't have to worry about Sam Darnold "taking the next step" anymore. 

Both.  We can do both.  We can root for Zach Wilson and bash Sam Darnold.  Both.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Denver game for me. I believe he took a snap, dropped back a few steps, and then tripped over his feet or something, fell down and had to lay there and take a sack. Something like that. I just couldn't imagine one of the elite guys doing something so clumsy. I really thought he would breakout year 3 but the writing was on the wall after the BUFF game. Real shame.

Yep.  He held onto the ball forever and got himself injured.  F**kin dumbass.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Looking up an ex and finding out she got fat is very gratifying, sir.  Try it some time.  Sam Darnold is the fat girl.

The REAL reason so many people seem to have a problem with threads about ex-Jets is because they are quietly, or not so quietly, still rooting for them.  Which makes a lot less sense than those who choose to bash those ex-Jets. 

Never emotionally invest in a positive way with any individual current players, especially the bad ones.  That's the best lesson everyone should learn.  Makes it much easier to make fun of them when they're gone, and undoubtedly its more fun than rooting for them.

I guess I have had some hot exes

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I guess I don't feel the need to bash Sam Darnold. But I guess people like it so who am I to judge. 

proceed. 

This is a good approach.  Some like it, some don’t.  The real enemy are the thread police.  A policy of “To each their own” is best!

• Upvote 1