The one positive that I get out of the negotiations

Scott Dierking

Is that Woody actually was a co-author (along with Kraft) of the primary plan that was eventually agreed upon in its construction.

Really, I kind of pictured Woody as being the guy that sat around in these meetings, looking outside watching the dogs on the playground, fidgeting in his chair, shooting spitwads at Irsay and asking to be let out so that he could roam the halls.

Maybe he does have some acumen.

I would just like him to develop a little more backbone (ie. compensation on Herm, deleting Bradway earlier), but there may be hope for him.

You have to give him credit this off-season for thinking oustide of the box in terms of new hires.

Maybe he is now looking to make a name for himself and his team in this league. We can only hope

You're right, in fact when I first heard Woody mentioned as one of the co-authors of the initial plan, I had to clear my head. But, this is good because it shows that Woody in continuing to put the team in a positive light...hopefully, it will only get better with FA, the draft and then onto the season.

I think Woody Johnson's best trait is that he's a sensible man with a small ego.

It didn't shock me to hear that he was one of the leaders in coming to an agreement.

Woody Johnson kind of earned his stripes as an NFL owner in these new CBA talks. I think, he earned some respect and after 6 years as an NFL owner, is finally no longer considered an outsider. He just earned his membership into The NFL family.

I think Woody Johnson's best trait is that he's a sensible man with a small ego.

It didn't shock me to hear that he was one of the leaders in coming to an agreement.

Woody Johnson kind of earned his stripes as an NFL owner in these new CBA talks. I think, he earned some respect and after 6 years as an NFL owner, is finally no longer considered an outsider. He just earned his membership into The NFL family.

There is certainly a changing of the guard in the NFL owner ranks (and I am not insinuating that Woody is at the forefront).

Kraft, Lurie, McNair are at the forefront.

I don't know if it is just coincidence, but the absence of Mara seems to have really changed the tone and direction of owners

Woody has shown himself to be a Jets fan if nothing else-supposedly HE was the guy saying just get rid of him (about Herm)-and listening to Mike Tannenbaum-who is as loyal as they come has so far,seemed like a good thing.Hey we got rid of 2 weak links in Herm and Bradway.Good things seem to be happening.

I'm excited to see what these X-generation kids can do in leadership roles-as a baby boomer-I have a LOT of faith in the younger generation-I believe in these guys.Gen Xers are foward thinkers.

Archived