Future Jet QB discussion per Ramsey info

SouthernJet

OK, so Ramsey will be signed.

Where does that leave the Front Office mindset for the future as per Jet QB?

1) Still go with 1st round pick for Jets QB of future?

2) 2nd round pick for future, Croyle?

3) Later round pick for a unpolished gem they see as a steal? Draftdaddy guys, Give names, I dont know,,

4) Free agent next year they salivate over?

5) Does Mangini (per past conversations with Weis/Belly) think Ramsey can be a star in the Belly system?

6) A trade this year for a star QB?

It throws everything in the mix by signing bot Chad and ramsey.

I think they could do almost all of the above, but I think choices 1 and 2 are still alive the most.

i'm not gonna read into it too much. it is what it is. a great deal for us with little$$$$$$$ thrown at it. I like it but don't think it changes the front office thinking re the draft. A nice insurance policy for cheap that gives us better flexibility in the draft.

Anybody that thinks the QB situation will be set if ramsey comes aboard, is delusional. I think the Jets will take a QB in the 4th round while hoping that Penny and Ramsey get us through the next 2 years or so.

agree, Ramsey not here for long run,,

just not sure what new front office is thinking,,it will interesting to say the least

Ramsey is a trade with only one year left on his contract.

IF it happens it's just cheaper than some of these bum of the month free agents out there. It changes nothing LONG term unless Ramsey was to have a break out season for us.

thats right,, but the thread is what do u thonk the Jets will do as far as future QB

I also think that siginRamsey says the Jets are NOT willing to spend big bucks on a vet,,,

BECAUSE they are gonna get Cutler, Leinhart or Croyle and play them virtually from the get-go, worst case start by 6th game,,,

I am not a Ramsay fan by any means, I think this means the end of Penne

career in NY

Ramsay was acquired to be a back up IMO, C ya Penne

I think it leaves us set for 2006 and that is all.

Chad + Pat + Brooks = Solid starters to build an offensive line for the 2007 Draft QB.

BZ

could be,,,

but thats dangerous, if they targeted someone and we do better than expected this year we might lose that guy,,

if they like someone out of this years crop they better pull the trigger while we have picks to play with

could be,,,

but thats dangerous, if they targeted someone and we do better than expected this year we might lose that guy,,

if they like someone out of this years crop they better pull the trigger while we have picks to play with

Well, we don't need 4 and if we sign Pat than either Brooks is a goner and replaced with a 3/4th round project or...

I think Mangini is going to build the base this year (offensive/defensive lines) and move out from there.

BZ

Well, we don't need 4 and if we sign Pat than either Brooks is a goner and replaced with a 3/4th round project or...

I think Mangini is going to build the base this year (offensive/defensive lines) and move out from there.

BZ

i actually think chad or bolly is toast before camp starts,,assmop is right here,,

any idea where omar jacobs or charlie whitehurst are being projected---id be thrilled if we ended up adding one of them to the ranks, if they are there late

ya it will be interesting to see what mangigni thinsk is the QB of the future,,we will know the day or the draft or we will know they are targeting someone next yera,,dangerous though

Take Croyle if he lasts until our 3rd round pick. I don't think he's worth #35. If you want him in the 2nd round, trade down out of the #35 spot. Otherwise shore up other areas. There are always surprises in who drops down - could be Watson, McNeill, Giles, Mangold, Pope, Lewis. When you've got 40-50 guys with first-round grades, you don't take someone with a late 2nd-early 3rd round grade with the #35 pick in the draft. With 3 QB's on the roster right now we have the luxury of waiting to see if he drops to our 3rd round pick.

I think I might be the only one here, but I really like this deal. I love it honestly.

With a change of scenario you never know.

I still hope Pennington works out though. :Nuts:

no im with you 100%---i want pennington to work out, but if its not going to, i wanted ramsey or cutler to be the guy, so im pretty happy

Why restructure the contract?

BZ

no way chad gets cut....but if they draft a qb now, and if kingsburry does very good over in europe....its very possibly bollinger gets cut, even though im not real sure that i'd want to cut him

Given his game experience, Bollinger is as good as you can reasonably expect a 3rd-string QB to be, particularly for $480K. Most of the time they're 6th-round rookies making $200-$250K who are out of the league before their second season. But then I suppose teams like that have a healthy, unquestioned #1 QB on the team as well.

Archived