Vikings | Hutchinson will become highest paid guard in history

Smizzy

Vikings | Hutchinson will become highest paid guard in history

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:57:15 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks) will become the highest paid guard in NFL history with the offer sheet he signed from the Minnesota Vikings. Hutchinson is set to earn $49 million over seven years, with $16 million in guaranteed money

Wow

I have a close friend who is a Seattle fan, and when I questioned him on the Transition Tag, he kept saying Seattle wants someone else to negotiate and set the market.

Now his cap # for 2006 is $14M, and Seattle may not be able to match that. Seattle had no intention of letting him go, now it looks like they may have no choice.

If Seattle could have Franchised Hutch, how nice would a one-on-one trade for Abraham have been, seeing as how Abe is visiting Seattle next week.

The Vikings clearly saw the light in 2005, when Brad Johnson led them to a 7-2 record...

The idiotic Minnesota media hacks that claimed the team would 0-16 without Moss and Culpepper were cleary wrong :Nuts:

Gone with the malcontents from the Green, Tice bufoon era....In with the effort players, willing to give it up for the better good of the team and stay away from floating brothels.

Buy stock in the Viking, this team will turn it around in time.

Merely ridding themselves of Tice and Cotrell will do wonders.

Nice pick up with Hutch (although the price was steep). His talent, class and work ethic will set an example for other players and help the running game immensely.

If Seattle could have Franchised Hutch, how nice would a one-on-one trade for Abraham have been, seeing as how Abe is visiting Seattle next week.

Interesting, but then we'd have to have given a guard (albeit a great one) a $16M SB. That's more than almost every left tackle makes. When we're paying Chad plenty & he's not the long-term answer & over the next year or two will still need to bring in his replacement at QB, an OT or two, a C, a RB, a playmaker at WR, plus we need a NT, maybe a CB or S, another ILB or OLB (or both, depending on what we do with Hobson)...

I'll take the pick(s) for Abe. If we turn Abe into Mangold/Giles/McNeill on the OL, or a RB like Lendale White, for 1/3 the $ of Hutch's contract, I'll be plenty happy.

Archived