Sources: Falcons pursuing deal to land Jets' Abraham

Smizzy

Then how come they have the 30th ranked passer in the NFL and are paying him like a top 3 quarterback?

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

ps. After this year, Vicks career completion percentage will be below 50 percent, right now I think its about 51 percent, somewhere around there and that is plain disgusting for an NFL qb. Yeah, keep throwing huge dollars around for that guy, what a joke.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

ps. After this year, Vicks career completion percentage will be below 50 percent, right now I think its about 51 percent, somewhere around there and that is plain disgusting for an NFL qb. Yeah, keep throwing huge dollars around for that guy, what a joke.

Here is a Michael Vick stat: He is 31-18 as a starting qb in the NFL.

Atllanta was a dead end franchise before Vick got there. Yeah they had that one good year in '98 with Chandler and Jamal Anderson but it was a flash in the pan.

The only good argument you have against Vick is that Matt Schaub may be better. Otherwise, Vick turned that franchise around with no playmakers surrounding him on offense. Alge Crumpler is his best receiver for Pete's sake.

Atllanta was a dead end franchise before Vick got there. Yeah they had that one good year in '98 with Chandler and Jamal Anderson but it was a flash in the pan.

The only good argument you have against Vick is that Matt Schaub may be better. Otherwise, Vick turned that franchise around with no playmakers surrounding him on offense. Alge Crumpler is his best receiver for Pete's sake.

Warrick Dunn isn't a playmaker? None of the 30 receivers they picked in the first round is a playmaker? Peerless Price was a playmaker in Buffalo until Michael Vick ruined his career.

Michael Vick is a terrible quarterback, I don't give a **** what his TEAM's record is. Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Jim McMahon, and Brad Johnson have won Super Bowls as starters. That make them better than Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Fran Tarkenton, and Jim Kelly? It takes a team to win. Not a single player.

The only win I will give him credit for is when he went into Lambeau and beat the Packers in the first round playoff game. Other than that, he' been a disapointment and will only get slower with age. If the other parts of his game were getting better, then I would say he might become a good qb, but he is not progressing, and like I said, will continue to get slower with age. Face it, Vick will either get hurt or slowly decline in the coming years.

Warrick Dunn isn't a playmaker? None of the 30 receivers they picked in the first round is a playmaker? Peerless Price was a playmaker in Buffalo until Michael Vick ruined his career.

Michael Vick is a terrible quarterback, I don't give a **** what his TEAM's record is. Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Jim McMahon, and Brad Johnson have won Super Bowls as starters. That make them better than Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Fran Tarkenton, and Jim Kelly? It takes a team to win. Not a single player.

I never thought the day would come where you would be so desperate to make an argument that you would call Warrick Dunn and Peerless Price playmakers.

Peerless Price had one good year in Buffalo and what a coincidence it was his contract year. I guess all it takes now for a player to be considered a playmaker is one good year in a contract year. No wonder you guys think the Jets should be getting the King's Ransom for John Abraham.

Bill Parcells didn't think Peerless Price was much of a playmaker in Dallas otherwise he wouldn't have cut him.

If you're going to call a running back a playmaker at least make it someone who is Top 10. No one in their right mind would call Warrick Dunn, an undersized 31 year old running back who the Falcons were forced to overuse, a playmaker.

You don't give a **** what Vick's team record is? Football is about wins and losses my friend. Vick is 31-18 as a starter on a team that was previously NFL Siberia. He's taken them into the playoffs and into the NFC Championship game. Nuff said.

Warrick Dunn is and has been a playmaker. He won't be much longer b/c of his age, but you're nuts if you don't think he's one of the most dangerous players with the ball in hand.

Peerless Price was a playmaker with Buffalo. It's irrelevant as to whether he was one in a contract year or not. How many times can a WR run a route full-speed play after play after play knowing there's no way Vick's throwing it your way? After a few years of that in Atlanta I think he's damaged goods now.

Warrick Dunn is and has been a playmaker. He won't be much longer b/c of his age, but you're nuts if you don't think he's one of the most dangerous players with the ball in hand.

Peerless Price was a playmaker with Buffalo. It's irrelevant as to whether he was one in a contract year or not. How many times can a WR run a route full-speed play after play after play knowing there's no way Vick's throwing it your way? After a few years of that in Atlanta I think he's damaged goods now.

If you think Price is so good why don't you lobby the Jets to get him? He is available. The guy had one good year in Buffalo and yes it does matter if it his only good year was in his contract year because obviously he was just trying to get a payday.

Warrick Dunn is a good 3rd down back who Atlanta was forced to overuse because they didn't have anyone better. There are at least 10-15 running backs in the nfl that are better than him. I know Dunn is a good person and I like him but to make him out to be an elite player is bs subterfuge that you guys are putting out there so you can downplay Vick's win/loss record.

The Atlanta receivers just suck period. They make the Jets receivers look good by comparison. I would take Coles over any Atlanta receiver. If you're going to give Vick hell for throwing 15 td's to 13 int's let him have better receivers than scrubs like Peerless Price and Michael Junkins.

for the millionth time,,

'run when primary is covered QBs' virtually never win the money games,,

they may have decent records (vick, culpepper), but when they get in playoffs they are playin the elite defenses and coordinators,,

a QB who doesnt have the smarts to find secondary and terciary recivers and hightails it when primary is covered is EASY for a good D to defend.

Spy the QB and overplay the teams #1 WR,,granted, not all teams can do this, but the better playoff teams can,,

so , u can have your decent stats and career records, but you wont win many big money games,,

If you think Price is so good why don't you lobby the Jets to get him? He is available. The guy had one good year in Buffalo and yes it does matter if it his only good year was in his contract year because obviously he was just trying to get a payday.

Warrick Dunn is a good 3rd down back who Atlanta was forced to overuse because they didn't have anyone better. There are at least 10-15 running backs in the nfl that are better than him. I know Dunn is a good person and I like him but to make him out to be an elite player is bs subterfuge that you guys are putting out there so you can downplay Vick's win/loss record.

The Atlanta receivers just suck period. They make the Jets receivers look good by comparison. I would take Coles over any Atlanta receiver. If you're going to give Vick hell for throwing 15 td's to 13 int's let him have better receivers than scrubs like Peerless Price and Michael Junkins.

Foley none of these receivers were considered scrubs until Michael Vick was their QB.

And 5.1 ypc on 280 carries is the work of a 3rd-down back???

Foley none of these receivers were considered scrubs until Michael Vick was their QB.

And 5.1 ypc on 280 carries is the work of a 3rd-down back???

I don't care if you guys trash Mike Vick, as just about everyone does, but you're giving Peerless Price too much credit. He's a #2 receiver than we tried to make into our #1. His success in Buffalo was dependent upon Eric Moulds. Peerless Price went to the Cowboys and couldn't even break 10 catches. In Atlanta, Price couldn't/wouldn't fight for the ball, he wasn't aggresive and he wasn't willing to take a shot for a catch.

Now if you consider Finneran, Dez White, Roddy White and Michael Jenkins great receivers, that's a fairly unique opinion. I think Roddy and Jenkins will grow to be solid receivers and Finneran isn't used enough. Dez White was just garbage.

I don't care if you guys trash Mike Vick, as just about everyone does, but you're giving Peerless Price too much credit. He's a #2 receiver than we tried to make into our #1. His success in Buffalo was dependent upon Eric Moulds. Peerless Price went to the Cowboys and couldn't even break 10 catches. In Atlanta, Price couldn't/wouldn't fight for the ball, he wasn't aggresive and he wasn't willing to take a shot for a catch.

Now if you consider Finneran, Dez White, Roddy White and Michael Jenkins great receivers, that's a fairly unique opinion. I think Roddy and Jenkins will grow to be solid receivers and Finneran isn't used enough. Dez White was just garbage.

OK, so he's a #2 WR. Does that make him a scrub? When he left Buffalo, just having another body opposite Moulds didn't turn into 94 rec, 1252 yds, 9 TD's. In fact, no one on Buffalo has approached those #'s since Price's departure.

These guys live in a fantasyworld where Michael Vick is a terrible quarterback but Peerless Price, Finneran, Dez White and Jenkins are all big time playmakers.

I don't care how good a qb you are, if none of your receivers can get open there is little you can do. Brett Favre is one of the greatest qb's of all time and yet even he couldn't do anything with scrubs like Ferguson and Chatman.

It doesn't matter how many winning seasons and playoff appearances Vick produces, these stubborn guys would still take a mediocre drop back qb like Jeff George or Brian Griese over a good running qb.

These guys live in a fantasyworld where Michael Vick is a terrible quarterback but Peerless Price, Finneran, Dez White and Jenkins are all big time playmakers.

I don't care how good a qb you are, if none of your receivers can get open there is little you can do. Brett Favre is one of the greatest qb's of all time and yet even he couldn't do anything with scrubs like Ferguson and Chatman.

It doesn't matter how many winning seasons and playoff appearances Vick produces, these stubborn guys would still take a mediocre drop back qb like Jeff George or Brian Griese over a good running qb.

Vick = terrible quarterback

Favre is over the hill & was just chucking the ball in the air. Who the hell was Donald Driver until he was on the receiving end of Favre's passes? Or would Driver have flourished as Vick's #1 target as well?

OK, so he's a #2 WR. Does that make him a scrub? When he left Buffalo, just having another body opposite Moulds didn't turn into 94 rec, 1252 yds, 9 TD's. In fact, no one on Buffalo has approached those #'s since Price's departure.

I didn't say he was a scrub, but he played like one in Atlanta. We gave him an insane contract and he still wouldn't play with any passion or any heart. The guy just went through the motions. He dropped passes constantly, he wouldn't get a catch unless it hit him in the numbers and even then sometimes he couldn't come up with it.

Anyone who watch any Falcons games in '03 or '04 would know this. He had one above average season and we took a huge chance on him.

Vick = terrible quarterback

No one in their right mind can honestly say Mike Vick is a terrible quarterback. You can say his passing is lacking consistency, but he is in no way a terrible quarterback. If you feel that way, you aren't worth trying to talk real football with.

No one in their right mind can honestly say Mike Vick is a terrible quarterback. You can say his passing is lacking consistency, but he is in no way a terrible quarterback. If you feel that way, you aren't worth trying to talk real football with.

The key word is: Quarterback

Vick is not a Quarterback. He's a joke. I wouldnt trade him for our 2nd rd pick.

The key word is: Quarterback

Vick is not a Quarterback. He's a joke. I wouldnt trade him for our 2nd rd pick.

Alright. You guys are clowns. Mike Vick had his worst day passing against you guys and he still left with 2 Tds. You guys are going nuts over his BACK-UP!

;)

See ya, ladies.

I can relate to ya, Remarkable. My team was saddled with a running QB for 8 years, i know what it's like to deal with fans that don't like that type. I think if you Falcs fans get an extended look at Schaub playing QB for ya's, you'll see how valuable a pocket passer is. It's not about what Vick can do individually, it's about how well he gets the other players involved with your O. Thats the QB's job as team leader.

Because he's back up is a better QB? Make no mistake, no one is saying Vick is a terrible football player. But, to think he's a quarterback, just because that's the position they line him up at, that's just crass and assinine. Vick is QB in name only. He's a glorified running back who throws once in awhile. I get that he's the Falcons savior and all, and you have to take up for your boy. I can respect that. But, please face facts that you're playing a game you just can't win. And to say that Warrick Dunn is only a third down back is just the dumbest thing I've seen on this board. And I've seen GlennFoley, PeterNorth, JETSFAN5180, and the Fat Man post.

I can relate to ya, Remarkable. My team was saddled with a running QB for 8 years, i know what it's like to deal with fans that don't like that type. I think if you Falcs fans get an extended look at Schaub playing QB for ya's, you'll see how valuable a pocket passer is. It's not about what Vick can do individually, it's about how well he gets the other players involved with your O. Thats the QB's job as team leader.

What SP means is Mike Vick = Kordell Stewart with a supporting cast and a defense ;)

Because he's back up is a better QB? Make no mistake, no one is saying Vick is a terrible football player. But, to think he's a quarterback, just because that's the position they line him up at, that's just crass and assinine. Vick is QB in name only. He's a glorified running back who throws once in awhile. I get that he's the Falcons savior and all, and you have to take up for your boy. I can respect that. But, please face facts that you're playing a game you just can't win. And to say that Warrick Dunn is only a third down back is just the dumbest thing I've seen on this board. And I've seen GlennFoley, PeterNorth, and the Fat Man post.

Please, I'm not saying he's the best QB, I'm not saying he's a top 5 quarterback, but he does things for our team that few could. A true pocket passer would never survive a year behind our line. Mike Vick has shown he has the ability to pass, consistency is where he's lacking. He throws one of if not the best deep ball in the league. He isn't "our savior" and I'm not sticking up for him just beacuse he's our quarterback. When he plays, he gives our team a chance to win. How many games do our back-ups need to lose in order to prove this? '03 anyone? The quarterback you guys are drooling over is 0-3 on our team. He came in for one play against the Bucs and he was completely destroyed, fumbled and it was recovered by the Bucs in the endzone. Our line cannot pass protect. Period.

I never said Dunn was a third down back, BTW.

good post paul

game, set, match

Please, I'm not saying he's the best QB, I'm not saying he's a top 5 quarterback, but he does things for our team that few could. .

thats right he does, henceforth the rub (as arthur spooner would say)...

he will win games, probably over .500 all the time, but good defense in playoffs will spy him and beat you,,,see panthers

Please, I'm not saying he's the best QB, I'm not saying he's a top 5 quarterback, but he does things for our team that few could. A true pocket passer would never survive a year behind our line. Mike Vick has shown he has the ability to pass, consistency is where he's lacking. He throws one of if not the best deep ball in the league. He isn't "our savior" and I'm not sticking up for him just beacuse he's our quarterback. When he plays, he gives our team a chance to win. How many games do our back-ups need to lose in order to prove this? '03 anyone? The quarterback you guys are drooling over is 0-3 on our team. He came in for one play against the Bucs and he was completely destroyed, fumbled and it was recovered by the Bucs in the endzone. Our line cannot pass protect. Period.

I never said Dunn was a third down back, BTW.

Well, I wasn't saying you said Dunn was a third down back. There was another Falcons fan who said that.

And, while we're on the subject, I'm not drooling over Matt Schaub, thank you very much. I'm not fond of him, and as far as I'm concerned, you can keep him.

As for giving your team the best chance to win... yeah, that's because he's a good football player. Please don't mistake him being a good football player with him being a good QB. Because, quite frankly, he's not, and he's vastly overrated.

The quarterbacks are comparable in skin color and the ability to run. Mike Vick was successful with an average team, Kordell had plenty of support. Roethlisberger throws <50% with just over 100 yard, 0 TDs and 2 INTs and you guys still beat the NFC Champs.

What about that scrub Vick coming back from down 17 in '02 against you guys?

thats right he does, henceforth the rub (as arthur spooner would say)...

he will win games, probably over .500 all the time, but good defense in playoffs will spy him and beat you,,,see panthers

See the Panthers that finally beat him this season?

As for giving your team the best chance to win... yeah, that's because he's a good football player. Please don't mistake him being a good football player with him being a good QB. Because, quite frankly, he's not, and he's vastly overrated.

So we should get a better QB that doesn't give us the best chance to win. Alright, pal, that made plenty of sense.

Archived