Sources: Falcons pursuing deal to land Jets' Abraham

Smizzy

That's the minimum. I would rathjer Schuab, a 2nd, and a conditional next year, of a 2nd or a 3rd, depending on how Abe performs.

Even I have to admit that is too much to ask. Remember Kearse went for a 2nd rounder alone. Abe bettered that benchmark by staying healthy last season, but not by that much.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even I have to admit that is too much to ask. Remember Kearse went for a 2nd rounder alone. Abe bettered that benchmark by staying healthy last season, but not by that much.

Are we talking about the same Kearse that signed with Philly as a FA? Has he been traded since?

Boozer,

Come on. You're the third person to sayt his, and it's not true. Kearse was a free agent when he signed with Philly. The Bears offered hima $14 M signing bonus, but chose Philly and their $16M signing bonus.

It was Owens that garnered the 2nd round pick.

This is bs. people expect us to get rid of a 27 yr old, 3X Pro Bowl player, who has more sacks than Kearse in the past three years, for less than a one.

Please. Step away from the crack pipe and put down the Jack. Tennessee gave up a #1 for Kevin Carter and Tampa gave up a #1 for Rice. Granted, Abe has not been as healthy as iether, but he was last year and he is a Top Ten DE. Given the track record of compensation, Abe should be worth a #1, and no less.

uh....no lol. hes an Rfa next year, so that means all we have to do is offer him 1.55 mil and we'll get a 1st rounder from anyone who signs him. if we were really daring we could sign him to a 2 mil one, making compensation a 1st and a 3rd.

uh, ya.

u r goin down same path jets did with jordan,,

overpay in RFA for a guy who doesnt play when u can get mega in return today,,,

OK, pay for a RFA and then see him walk for nadda after that,,

it would make sense if the QB u have wasnt counting for most of your cap,,

uh, ya.

It would also help if said cap-killing QB wasn't one of the worst in the league.

uh, ya.

Here's the other thing. I don't know what their contract situation is like, but will a tender for Schaub be the wise thing to do? Do they have any big time players that will become free agents? They might be able to get away with this next season, but I find it hard to believe that they can avoid it two years in a row.

Here's the other thing. I don't know what their contract situation is like, but will a tender for Schaub be the wise thing to do? Do they have any big time players that will become free agents? They might be able to get away with this next season, but I find it hard to believe that they can avoid it two years in a row.

ya,,, lamont jordan part deux

Big time, Atl should trade Vick and go with Schaub (the real qb on their team).

haha, that would be too smart,,

remember,, herms ex-agent and best friend is the GM or asst. GM of that team,,so there isnt alot of brainpower in the atlanta front office

couple things. starters, falcons have plenty of cap spcae and will have even more next year. with the cap rising, and peerless price's dead money coming off the book, we should have about 15-20 mil in cap.

Secondly, one should talk of having a bad qb.....While i know Vick isn't the greatest qb, and he certainly wasn't deserving of going to the pro-bowl, hes our franchise qb, and whether I like it or not, hes gonna be our qb for the next 7-9 years with that contract of his. hes stedily improving and I have no doubt that he can lead our team to a superbowl in the next 3-4 years.

Also, and to the point of this thread, we can easily sign schaub next year as an rfa. depending on the tender we give to him, 2 million being max, thats a bargain for a starting caliber back-up qb. by then, I see us trading him for worse case a 2nd rounder, but probaly more so a 1st. someone is bound to fall in love with him.

Lastly, the latest reports are that the falcons are un-willing to part with schaub nor their 1st rounder, and that their final-offer is our 2nd and 3rd. I thinks is very even deal and the best you'll get for him. your thoughts?

Lastly, the latest reports are that the falcons are un-willing to part with schaub nor their 1st rounder, and that their final-offer is our 2nd and 3rd. I thinks is very even deal and the best you'll get for him. your thoughts?

We can get a first rounder from another team.

So, looks like John Abraham won't be taking plays off for Atlanta next season.

If this is the case then thanks but no thanks. Simple as that really. We can get a 1st rounder for him elsewhere and if we can't then we'll just keep him.

I figured most of you wouldn't like it, but its probaly the only deal you'll get. the only other team that has draft picks that will work is the broncos, but they're scared off of abe cus of his contract demands. Only way I see falcons giving up 1st would be a deal like:

Falcons Get:

Abe

jets 2nd round pick

jets 4th round pick

Jets get:

Falcons 1st round pick

Falcons 3rd round pick.

I figured most of you wouldn't like it, but its probaly the only deal you'll get. the only other team that has draft picks that will work is the broncos, but they're scared off of abe cus of his contract demands. Only way I see falcons giving up 1st would be a deal like:

Falcons Get:

Abe

jets 2nd round pick

jets 4th round pick

Jets get:

Falcons 1st round pick

Falcons 3rd round pick.

its all posturing,,,

abe will get a 1st round pick or stay in NY,,

atlanta should trade vick to some insane GM and keep schaub,,then they may ctually win the big games,,brain over 'tuck and run' anyday of week,,

haha, that would be too smart,,

remember,, herms ex-agent and best friend is the GM or asst. GM of that team,,so there isnt alot of brainpower in the atlanta front office

Think they could get a firast rounder for Vick? I'm not so sure they could.

hes not our gm, and hes not stupid either. all our gm has done is signed free agents like Pro-bowler Rod Coleman, Ed Hartwell, jason webster, all who fit are team very well. not to mention has gotten 6 starters out of the last 2 drafts, 1 a pro-bowl starter, and another one should've been in the pro-bowl, Demorrio Williams.

hes not our gm, and hes not stupid either. all our gm has done is signed free agents like Pro-bowler Rod Coleman, Ed Hartwell, jason webster, all who fit are team very well. not to mention has gotten 6 starters out of the last 2 drafts, 1 a pro-bowl starter, and another one should've been in the pro-bowl, Demorrio Williams.

2nd rate outfit with a thug QB who cant find a WR after the primary is covered so he skidaddles,,

good defenses spy him and god forbid u guys get behind and u HAVE to throw,,he sucks

2nd rate outfit with a thug QB who cant find a WR after the primary is covered so he skidaddles,,

good defenses spy him and god forbid u guys get behind and u HAVE to throw,,he sucks

thanks for letting me know the only falcon game you watched last year was falcons / jets...

thanks for letting me know the only falcon game you watched last year was falcons / jets...

the jets suck, we dont pretend to be anything else,,

actuall i watched BOTH falcon - panthers games,,

hahahahahaha

24-6 and 44-11 shellackin at atlanta,,,,,

heehawwwwwwwwwwww

I have a hard time believing anyone who has Mike Vick as part of his screen name and Michael Jenkins in his avatar/signature.

John Abraham is better than anyone on your team - and yes, I know about DeAngelo Hall. John Abraham for Rob Johnson and a second rounder is a fair deal; take it or leave it. Actually, I'd even throw in a 5th rounder, just to sweeten the deal.

Bottom line with you Falcons fans-

You want a pass rushing DE, well you won't get one in round 1 at that 15th spot. You can wait and hope one falls into your lap in round 2 or 3, or you can draft somebody way above their draft value.

It's up to you. Either way, you want a pass rushing DE, you are going to pay.

And this way, you know what you are getting, and it's guaranteed.

Bottom line with you Falcons fans-

You want a pass rushing DE, well you won't get one in round 1 at that 15th spot. You can wait and hope one falls into your lap in round 2 or 3, or you can draft somebody way above their draft value.

It's up to you. Either way, you want a pass rushing DE, you are going to pay.

And this way, you know what you are getting, and it's guaranteed.

Can't beat that arguement.

Can't beat that arguement.

:cheers:

The draft is a complete crap shoot. You can target a guy and

A. Pray he is actually on the board when you're on the clock

then

B. Pray that after you draft him, he doesn't turn into a bust.

It's gambling. And why gamble when you can go with something you know, and it's guaranteed?

Either way you pay a price, and the rewards far outweigh the risk trading #15 for #4 and Shaub for Abraham. Falcons are retards if they don't agree to this.

you guys are hilarious. im counting down the days til you guys trade us abe for our 2nd and 3rd and everyone starts a "wtf is the front office doing?" thread.

and....

"The draft is a complete crap shoot. You can target a guy and

A. Pray he is actually on the board when you're on the clock

then

B. Pray that after you draft him, he doesn't turn into a bust.

It's gambling. And why gamble when you can go with something you know, and it's guaranteed?

"

lol, that may be how your fo works, but ours knows what they're doing...

Also they're targeting a guy that they should know if they aquire him come playoff time, don't except Abraham to be in uniform because he won't be. He'll either come up with a leg injury or the stomach flu (poor baby) will keep him out.

Archived