Sources: Falcons pursuing deal to land Jets' Abraham

Smizzy

Well, in case you didn't notice, all of the mods are active posters on this site, slick.

And, what part of weak NFC didn't you get? And, it's the same team that goes deep every year. The Bucs did, but that team was born and breed in the NFC North. That's how they got so tough. The Falcons were a fluke. And that's been proven. The only team that's worth adamn in the South are the Panthers, and they got taken out to the woodshed by the Seahawks.

I'm not a football expert, but those who are say the AFC is by far and away better than the NFC. And, I'm fairly certain I outlined why I felt the AFC, and other divisions in the NFC, are better than the NFC South. Maybe you should read it again.

yeah I did read your post. the afc has some tough teams in certain div., but not one div in the afc is as competive as the nfc south. in the afc, , mostly in every div. you have 2 teams who do good, and the other have high draft picks to say the least. there are some exceptions every year, but the south is consistent. since the re-alignement, we have not had one year where the 3rd ranked team in our div. had less than 7 wins. you cannot say that for any other div. and if you were to add up the losses, or wins, whcih I don't have time for, I'm sure the nfc south would be in the top 3 at least.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah I did read your post. the afc has some tough teams in certain div., but not one div in the afc is as competive as the nfc south. in the afc, , mostly in every div. you have 2 teams who do good, and the other have high draft picks to say the least. there are some exceptions every year, but the south is consistent. since the re-alignement, we have not had one year where the 3rd ranked team in our div. had less than 7 wins. you cannot say that for any other div. and if you were to add up the losses, or wins, whcih I don't have time for, I'm sure the nfc south would be in the top 3 at least.

Uh... the AFC West would like to have a word with you. Thanks for playing.

And this is 2006. What relevance does three years ago have? Thanks for playing to lose the game, junior ;)

Without history, what do you have? if you looked at this past year, it'd look like the nfc east is a good div., but truth is its been a crap-shoot until this year.

"since the re-alignement, we have not had one year where the 3rd ranked team in our div."

"Uh... the AFC West would like to have a word with you. Thanks for playing."

"Uh...did 2003 not happen or something?Thank YOU for playing...."

"And this is 2006. What relevance does three years ago have? Thanks for playing to lose the game, junior "

flip-flop...

Without history, what do you have? if you looked at this past year, it'd look like the nfc east is a good div., but truth is its been a crap-shoot until this year.

Oh... well, in that case, 1998, the ACF East was one hell of a division. Through out the 90's, the NFC north was the toughest division in the NFC. The Cowboys were the dominant team in the early 90's. The Falcons blew in the 90's too. In 2000, I believe, the Dolphins were slaughtered by Jacksonville, or something like that. They got beat by someone badly. The Jets made it to the AFC second round in the 04-05 season.

History doesn't work when we're doing this kind of thing. This kind of thing is "What have you done for me lately?" Once again, nice try.

Hey Guys I know I'm the new kid on the block but today's events seem to make things pretty clear.. Atlanta gets Abe & Ramsey, Jet's get Matt S. and a 3rd round pick.. Falcons owner said the only way a trade for Matt S. happens if a qualified #2 QB is in the mix.. Sound good?:cheers:

Hey Guys I know I'm the new kid on the block but today's events seem to make things pretty clear.. Atlanta gets Abe & Ramsey, Jet's get Matt S. and a 3rd round pick.. Falcons owner said the only way a trade for Matt S. happens if a qualified #2 QB is in the mix.. Sound good?:cheers:

I'd rather keep Ramsey and get a first rounder. Thanks.

That is a terrible, Bradway-esque trade.

Seattle anted up..... now, the Jets ask the the Falcons if they will give us their 1st, for Abraham and maybe a 4th. Maybe a third. If they balk, then this FO tells Abraham to hammer out a contract with Seattle, or stay and sign the tag tender. Tangini..... I like these guys.

As much as trying to get the max return for JA, they are also persuing a hidden agenda.... the message is this isn't Terry Bradway's FO anymore. Don't discount that..... they want to establish their credibility as a tough FO, and this will lay the groundwork for that.:box:

How many games do our back-ups need to lose in order to prove this? '03 anyone? The quarterback you guys are drooling over is 0-3 on our team. He came in for one play against the Bucs and he was completely destroyed, fumbled and it was recovered by the Bucs in the endzone.

This is why Schaub isn't worth what falcons fans think he is. Abe's average stats put him in the top 5 DE in the league if not higher. Now that we have Ramsey, we have even more leverage in this deal, especially if they're packaging schaub. Cause even if we don't get him, we still have Ramsey and could also take Cutler who has a chance to be a lot better than schaub.

So it comes down to what the upgrade from Ramsey to schaub is really worth to us. If we consider Abe worth at least the 31st pick, then the Abe+Ramsey for Schaub+ATL 2nd would mean that the upgrade is comparable to the difference from the 31st pick to Atlanta's 2nd rounder. So 600 to 430 and a 170 point difference. Thats equal to the 84th pick in the draft. So essentially, we're trading Abe for the 47th pick and the 84th pick (a 2nd and 3rd) if thats what we value the upgrade at. I'd rather have the 31st than that cause I think abe is worth more than the 31st. But based on the values from this deal, we could trade our 3rd and ramsey for schaub and their 4th, which I would do. But I think this is undervaluing abe and maybe also undervaluing the upgrade. So what we're willing to trade for really comes down to what the upgrade from ramsey to schaub would be.

If we consider abe worth at least the 25th pick, then the upgrade value in the deal comes up 120 points to about the 62nd pick in the draft at the end of round 2. I think thats a little closer but maybe a little too much. Ramsey is worth more on our team than he was on the skins because we need him more than they did and might be worth even more on atlanta if they didn't have schaub. This value would be more appropriate if it was schaub's value instead of the upgrade value.

But the deal still needs adjusted for abe's increased value. If we say schaub is worth the 62nd pick and ramsey worth lets say 100 points at the beginning of round 4. Then the upgrade value is about 190 or the 80th pick. So now it would be like trading the 25th and 80th pick for the 62nd and 47th. Which is 910 points for 714 points and we're getting ripped off imo. They'd need to throw in their 3rd round pick for us to get 25th pick value out of abe. So an even trade based on these values would be abe and ramsey for schaub and their 2nd and 3rd. We should be asking for at least that much. But if we can't get anything better out of Seattle, then we might have to settle for less.

If we can only get the 31 for abe from seattle, then our side of the ATL deal is only worth 700 and the 714 would be a better value than the seattle trade. But all seattle would have to do would be to throw in their 6th round pick and theirs would be better. So if Seattle will give up their 1st and 6th, or anything better then I'm all for that trade over almost anything atlanta will offer not including their 1st round pick.

If they don't want to give us schaub, I think the least we should be offering is Abe+our 3rd for their 1st and 4th or 5th, in which case we would be getting around 20th pick value for him. To get that value out of seattle we would need to give them abe+our 5th for their 1st and 2nd and maybe 6th which I don't think they'd do.

Over the last 4 years, here's the AFC's record vs the NFC:

AFC: 530-493-1

NFC: 493-530-1

Here are the records by division:

AFC West - 137-119

AFC East - 136-120

NFC South - 132-123-1

NFC East - 132-124

AFC South - 130-126

AFC North - 127-128-1

NFC West - 115-141

NFC North - 114-142

If you take the 37 game difference and average it out per 4 teams you get about a 9 game difference for each division. Since the AFC is that much better, I'm going to factor this in to the records to determine which divisions are the toughest based on season records. Lets say 9 games, 4.5 vs each conference. Round down to 4 just to give the NFC the benefit of the doubt. So thats 4 games that AFC teams would have won per division if they were in the NFC and 4 games that NFC teams would have lost per division if they were in the AFC. Now the corrected standings for the past 4 years are:

AFC West- 141-115

AFC East- 140-116

AFC South- 134-122

AFC North- 131-122-1

NFC South- 128-127-1

NFC East- 128-128

NFC West- 111-145

NFC North - 110-146

:cheers:

I like how the mods delete posts that completely show them up. Good game, mods, good game. Your e-peens must be massive. Let's hope Abe ends up in Atlanta so everyone can see how he'll play on a real team.

;)

You guys obviously can't handle opposing views, so if I don't get banned, I still won't be back. I know you guys will miss me.

I like how the mods delete posts that completely show them up. Good game, mods, good game. Your e-peens must be massive. Let's hope Abe ends up in Atlanta so everyone can see how he'll play on a real team.

;)

You guys obviously can't handle opposing views, so if I don't get banned, I still won't be back. I know you guys will miss me.

Hate to burst your bubble but no posts were deleted form this thread and we don't ban people here for speaking their minds.

You must have us confused with someone else. We have tons of fans from other teams who are regular posters here. We can handle anything you throw at us.

So if you want to " show us up" your gonna actually have to post something to do it. Telling fairy tales about some mysterious post is not gonna get it done.

Pull your head out of Mike Vicks ass before you post.

Hate to burst your bubble but no posts were deleted form this thread and we don't ban people here for speaking their minds.

You must have us confused with someone else. We have tons of fans from other teams who are regular posters here. We can handle anything you throw at us.

So if you want to " show us up" your gonna actually have to post something to do it. Telling fairy tales about some mysterious post is not gonna get it done.

Pull your head out of Mike Vicks ass before you post.

I've never posted these letters before but I will now....POTW

"since the re-alignement, we have not had one year where the 3rd ranked team in our div."

"Uh... the AFC West would like to have a word with you. Thanks for playing."

"Uh...did 2003 not happen or something?Thank YOU for playing...."

"And this is 2006. What relevance does three years ago have? Thanks for playing to lose the game, junior "

flip-flop...

Which would be fine... but I didn't make the first post. And, if I remember right, the AFC West was by far more competitive than the NFC South. I still dont' see where I flip flopped. If you're talking about my history post, that was just to show you how irrelevant history is to a discussion on CURRENT events.

;)

Sorry, but no posts have been deleted. Not by me, not by Smizzy, and not by Faba. It's ok that you were losing your arguement, and you had to try this low bridge technique. It's ok... far better than you have lost debates to me.

Archived