Well this is disturbing if you want Pickens

Dcat

34 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Sure, 100% you factor that in and I'm not questioning that logic or necessarily questioning putting red flags on a player, if it's appropriate.  I dont see how it's appropriate with Pickens.  In general, I hate this tear down process predaft.  It's become very obnoxious.  Again, the example I used is just perplexing.  Baker Mayfield is a verified sh*t head.  A punk and not actually good at Football.  He was an a$$hole on and off the field.  There is video of him trying to run from the police after being detained for being a drunk a$$hole screaming "do you know who I am?".  He went 1st overall and a lot of it had to do with his tough guy moxy and a fiery competitor. 

And here we are reading "red flags" about Pickens because wait for it....apparently, he's a fiery competitor who lost his cool a few times.  lol

Fair points, but not every player has these red flags. I don't think this is a product of GMs/scouts conspiring against 1 player. There just happens to be red flags with this player. I don't think it's a huge deal, but it's something to consider. I would not be upset if we grabbed him in the 2nd round. 

3 hours ago, Stark said:

love all his ability on the field, top 5 but.... So many red flags, wouldn't touch him.

when you say stuff like this and you give a generic answer like that you contradict the first part of your "glowing" review... now if whoever this scout/scouts were had any balls on him he would have said what the FLAGS were but they don't they hide behind a vague negatively contextual "red flags" comment.. just say what they are if they're so bad. 

Pickens got in a fight and ejected from a game yes (freshman year), there are some concerns about this just as there were about Elijah Moore's end of game TD celebration that cost his team the game. 

whenever you get these type of comments its usually commentary to lower a players stock to "fall" to a team that isn't in draft position relative to the players expected pick range.

Just FYI regarding anything I posted from Bob McGinn.  This is his blurb that he posts for each positional write up 

This is the 38th year in which Bob McGinn has written an NFL draft series. Previously, it appeared in the Green Bay Press-Gazette (1985-’91), the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (1992-’17), BobMcGinnFootball.com (2018-’19) and The Athletic (2020-’21) … Until 2014, personnel people often were quoted by name. The series reluctantly adopted an all-anonymous format in 2015 at the request of most scouts … The 12-minute, 50-question Wonderlic test was not administered at the NFL scouting combine this year, perhaps for the first time. Therefore, players generally took the test at spring timing days in 2021 or at pro days in the last two months. The average NFL score is about 19.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Fair points, but not every player has these red flags. I don't think this is a product of GMs/scouts conspiring against 1 player. There just happens to be red flags with this player. I don't think it's a huge deal, but it's something to consider. I would not be upset if we grabbed him in the 2nd round. 

I understand that but here we are saying that reports about Pickens are "disturbing" and then you read said reports and it's vague and they actually dont reference anything other than anonymous quotes which are mainly opinions. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not all 20 year old athletes have the same maturity issues. If JD drafts him and these maturity issues prevent him from succeeding are you going to give JD a pass, or will you, rightfully so, question JD's judgment for drafting a player with these red flags. 

As I just noted, it's a factor for every GM to consider. Just like the 40 time and on field production. 

Are you sure you replied to the right person? Because your comment has nothing to do with mine…