Robbie Anderson wants to retire?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think Anderson would have succeeded here either (though he had to be in at least a slightly better situation here with a bigger armed QB in Wilson) but there’s no doubt in my mind Douglas made the right call to not up his offer to him when Carolina came calling.  Our WR room looks worlds better than it did in 2019-2020.

People have to ask themselves with all considered including attitude is there any WR on this team you would replace with Robbie Anderson ? I certainly would not. not even close

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

People have to ask themselves with all considered including attitude is there any WR on this team you would replace with Robbie Anderson ? I certainly would not. not even close

But he told us he was worthy of all pro

46 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No, you'd ask yourself that for 2020 or 2020 and 2021 at the most. It's only Carolina's stupidity that they further extended him when they went to a QB with whom he was just a 700-ish yard WR. It's doubtful Douglas would've done that even if he'd matched or beat Carolina's 2 year offer.

But yes I'm happier with the WR room now than if he was in place of, say, Moore or I guess Davis (though the latter is tbd at this point). But last year (and 2020) the team was at times trotting out practice squad rejects in starting roles, often with each other, and Anderson would undoubtedly have been an upgrade over the likes of Smith, Black, Brown, and Mims.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

But last year (and 2020) the team was at times trotting out practice squad rejects in starting roles, often with each other, and Anderson would undoubtedly have been an upgrade over the likes of Smith, Black, Brown, and Mims.

Why are you presuming he would be been any more healthy than Davis, Moore, etc.?

We ran out P.S. guys because most of our starters were hurt.  

Not because we didn't have adequate starters.

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why are you presuming he would be been any more healthy than Davis, Moore, etc.?

We ran out P.S. guys because most of our starters were hurt.  

Not because we didn't have adequate starters.

Anderson has missed 2 games out of 97 in his 6 NFL seasons. His last missed game was in Nov 2018; prior to Nov 2018 he'd never missed a game. He's been one of the least injury-prone players in the NFL.

One obviously can't 100% know for certain, but it's a pretty safe bet based on history, Mr. Anderson-Analysis-is-Just-Silly-Now.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wasting even another second on Robbie Anderson analysis is just silly now.

:) 

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

One obviously can't 100% know for certain, but it's a pretty safe bet based on history, Mr. Anderson-Analysis-is-Just-Silly-Now.

:) 

Dude, almost every word I've posted on JN could be considered a silly waste of time.  It's not like me being silly and wasting time here is new, lol.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Dude, almost every word I've posted on JN could be considered a silly waste of time.  It's not like me being silly and wasting time here is new, lol.

I thought it was funny when you first wrote it. Like the rest of the discussion here is serious business. 

• Haha 1