Ravens game: a lot we are going to learn

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think this game will tell us more about the coaches than the players.  It’s clear this offense is not ready for the regular season.  They can’t run the ball, saleh admitted this, and that was before brown was declared out.  Now they have a weak RT who will need help with pass pro, and they’re going to be playing lots of young guys on offense.  So I’d like to see how the coaches scheme to maximize the strengths of the offense, which are the speed of the wrs and rbs.  On D I would be happy if they finally figured out how not to 1) let qbs scramble for chunks of yards when they know the qb is an elite athlete, and 2) not give up 19 yards on 3rd and 18.

Lamar Jackson was sacked 38 times last year.  More than 2x/game.  We should have a pretty good pass rush now along with a much improved secondary to buy the rushers a little more time.  Their starting LT sounds like he's not 100% even if he starts.

If we can't get at least 2 sacks tomorrow, that is also a damning statement.

• Upvote 1

What we won't learn tomorrow........can Mike White be at least a reliable QB2? Flacco should not see the field unless White is hurt. Of all the stupidity of the last month, playing Flacco is the worst idea yet. I have tried to look the other way about Saleh and his methods so far, but this decision has definitely made me question his ability to make the choices that a HC has to make. I have to be honest here...in this, my 43rd year of having tix,I am as unenthused about the start of a season than I've ever been. And it makes me very sad..

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Lamar Jackson was sacked 38 times last year.  More than 2x/game.  We should have a pretty good pass rush now along with a much improved secondary to buy the rushers a little more time.  Their starting LT sounds like he's not 100% even if he starts.

If we can't get at least 2 sacks tomorrow, that is also a damning statement.

The ravens offense does not have firepower,  but of course that doesn’t mean the jets can’t get torched.  The way they get blown out is if the offense implodes.  If Flacco gets pummeled and fumbles, if they’re always in 3rd and 9, if they insist on running on 1st down all the time - then the TOP will skew Ravens and the jets D will wear down.

22 hours ago, Larz said:

For me it’s:

Will my wife figure out I didn’t cancel nfl network last January?

Are air fryer wings really worth it?

Is day drinking a thing for 55 year olds ?

How is it possible I’m hornier now than when I was 19?   Oh sorry wrong forum 

1. Man up - LOL - just kidding

2. They are good; best at home wings and depends on the sauce - I prefer a local bar take out, but not every week

3. YES

4. TMI

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, freestater said:

I think we're gonna learn why you make o-line a priority. 

I agree with this. And, I haven't been happy with the Line going back 2 GMs; on the tip side, however we had such gaping holes other places and expecting both Becton and his replacement to be down would require a lot. More importantly, which player do you not pick up? Garret Wilson, Sauce, or JJ (probably wasn't great OT at that point) in the first? Who else do you not draft Hall, Ruggert, Max (who is starting today), Clemmons? These guys are the future as well.

Every pick has an opportunity cost. At this point, however, JD has to prioritize OL next year in draft and/or FA.

What we will START to learn is wheather this CS is competent or not.  If they are uncompetitive in all phases of the game that "could" indicate that last years mess was not an outlyer.  All this consternation about evaluating ZW is justified but NOT at the expense of evaluating the CS and overall team...

BTW - what the hell is the culture here? Anyone care to take a shot at this beside the usual bromide of:   we are creating a winning culture...