"All gas, no brake", "I'm taking receipts with the negativity", "Only positive vibes".

Alka

If I want to hire someone to make billboards for me, I'm definitely hiring Robert Saleh!  

If I want someone to coach my team, I don't want anyone coming up with empty sayings and platitudes.

I think Joe Douglas said it best: "I expect to be playing meaningful games in December".

Joe Douglas is correct.  We will be playing meaningful games in December to get a very high draft choice once again.  How high can we go?  Depends on how many games we lose in December, when our record is like 3-10.

I think I like when Al Davis, owner of the Raiders said it best:  "Just win Baby!!!"  No bullsh*t, just win the f-ing game!

Serious question - is there some kind of PFF for rating coaches?

Obviously, the Win-loss record reigns supreme, but what about other objective and subjective measures? i’m sure there are some reasonable ways to assess how a coach uses timeouts, manages the clock, his success rate on challenging plays, etc. I would think there’s a way to put this together even if it is pretty imperfect. Scoring differential between the first half and the second half of the game to assess how good a coach is at making adjustments, etc. Probably a lot of things I’m not thinking of as well. Someway to normalize coaching performances based on the talent on the roster? a WAR type metric like they have in baseball?

I don’t want to give up on JD.  He’s put the talent there on this team.  I understand the whole mantra of it starts at the top.  However, this is the most talented team the Jets have had in a long time and JD is responsible for that.  

However I do believe Saleh is a fraud.  He’s on the same level as Adam Gase in my book and at least Gase had the excuse of not having any talent to work with .  It’s honestly pathetic for the defense to be this bad.  The scheme is terrible and for Saleh to be a defensive guy is inexcusable.   

I believe the offense just needs an average QB and it will be fine.  Too many weapons like we seen last week to play this bad.  

17 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Joe douglas, Saleh, LaFleur this entire regime are no different from the creep playing 3 card monte in some random alley in Brooklyn 

A bunch of charlatans getting circles coached around them every fall 

Unfortunately, I think JD will actually get another shot at both coach and QB. 

8 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I don’t want to give up on JD.  He’s put the talent there on this team.  I understand the whole mantra of it starts at the top.  However, this is the most talented team the Jets have had in a long time and JD is responsible for that.  

Talent is there. I agree. But wins and competitive games aren’t. Is it all on saleh? Not sure. Jds seat should be hot and saleh shouldn’t even be here