Broncs are posturing for move up

SouthernJet

Plummer came off his best year as a pro and looks to have finally harnessed some of his careless demons...I think shannahan is behind the snake.

dont think so,,

plummers screwup with Bronc fans still not forgotten and he still laid a turd in playoffs, jakes old nemesis

Shannahan can turn on a QB almost overnight. Plummer has those games.... he looks great, and then makes a HUGE bonehead play resulting in a key turnover. I don't expect Denver to trade up, but it wouldn't shock me either. Remeber what he did with Griese? Griese wasn't playing that bad either, but skeletor got a bug up his ass.

I think the Broncs are posturing now to trade thoer picks to NO or less likey to Tenn or us.

I think they want to jump in front off Tenn and get Leinhart.

Thoughts.

They can't. With both the 15th (1050) & 22nd pick (780) , the best they can get is us at #4 (1800).

Now, they might be thinking we're gonna package up our picks with a 4th & a 5th to New Orleans to go after Leinert.

They then could make the trade with New Orleans & go after Williams or even D'Brick, if the Titans do not take him at #3.

Now that would make more sense, especiallty since I don't think a team would make a move like that - especially in the same conference...

i think youre wrong sj...maybe the broncos spend a day one pick on whitehurst, croyle or jacobs, but no way do they spend their two firsts to move up and draft leinart...if they can plug the right holes with their two picks, and they should, they are in an excellent position to contend for the superbowl again...no way their starting over with a new qb now...

I've heard they'd like Vernon Davis,they don't really have a decent TE on the roster and it seems to be an important position in Denver's offense.How sweet would it be to have 3 1st round picks.

Please let this happen so I don't have to worry about us trading two first rounders & more to move up two slots.

So Denver could trade

#15 (really #29 + two mid-rounders)

and move up to #4

But we'd have to trade

and a two mid-rounders

to move up to #2?

If you don't see how stupid this is, there's no point. This isn't a 2-man draft. This draft is LOADED.

Please Denver, make us this offer.

Please let this happen so I don't have to worry about us trading two first rounders & more to move up two slots.

So Denver could trade

#15 (really #29 + two mid-rounders)

and move up to #4

But we'd have to trade

and a two mid-rounders

to move up to #2?

If you don't see how stupid this is, there's no point. This isn't a 2-man draft. This draft is LOADED.

Please Denver, make us this offer.

Sorry no can do...

I see us eyeing Lendale White, Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson with the 15th.

I see us aiming for Mathias Kiwanuka, Kamerion Wimbley or Manny Lawson with 22.

Sorry no can do...

I see us eyeing Lendale White, Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson with the 15th.

I see us aiming for Mathias Kiwanuka, Kamerion Wimbley or Manny Lawson with 22.

Welcome to the site.

Hey, I think Denver would be nuts to do it. You made out like bandits on the Atlanta trade & if it were my team I'd take the money & run.

Welcome to the site.

Hey, I think Denver would be nuts to do it. You made out like bandits on the Atlanta trade & if it were my team I'd take the money & run.

I hope we keep the picks, I can only see us moving up for Mario Williams, and maybe throw in a 2nd with the 15th to get Vernon Davis.

I hope we keep the picks, I can only see us moving up for Mario Williams, and maybe throw in a 2nd with the 15th to get Vernon Davis.

Weren't the Broncos looking to completely get out of the first round because they could not afford their picks this season? Or was that a false report?

There is no way a team like Denver that is so close to the brass ring packages two first rounders to get their QB of the future. Denver needs now players.

They will keep both picks. Look for them to grab Vernon Davis if he lasts that long. If not, Chad Jackson should be there at 15 or maybe Santonio Holmes. They need a young stud receiver to take over for Rod Smith.

I hear talk about a RB at 15 for them, but that will not happen either. Denver can turn middle-round backs into stars.

At 22 they will look at the d-linemen left on the board or the TEs if Davis wasn't available at 15. OL is also a possibility.

I don't think they'd package both of their first rounders either. I could see them packaging that late 2nd to move up a bit for Davis. Who could take Davis? He won't go in the top-4

#5 GB

I think they just locked up Franks long term in 2005 & get Javon Walker back to go alongside Driver. Plus defense is a much bigger need.

#6 SF

This is possible despite almost everyone having Hawk going here. They lost Lloyd & Alex Smith could definitely use a go-to guy.

#7 Oakland

Receivers are not where this team is lacking. Very unlikely.

#8 Buffalo

They just drafted Everett last year, though he had an ACL injury in camp. Nowhere near the talent as Davis, but still more likely they go defense; particularly if Ngata is still on the board.

#9 Detroit

See Oakland: the last thing this team needs to draft is another receiver. Martz is a WR guy not a TE guy.

#10 Arizona

Same as Oakland & Detroit. They have three WR's already. Think they go QB or OT if they draft offense.

#11 Rams

First team below SF I could see taking him.

#12 Cleveland

Already have Kellen Winslow

#13 Ravens

Already have one of the game's greats at TE in Todd Heap

#14 Eagles

Have LJ Smith, but he's injury-prone. Possibility he could go here.

#15 is Denver

So if he goes before 15, I think he would likely go to SF(6), Rams(11), Eagles(14).

Packaging their 2nd-rounder should be enough to get them to #9 or #10. It would leave them with no picks in rds 2 & 3, but they were very late picks in those rounds anyway & being a SB contender it would be worth it for a shot at Davis.

I had read last week that the Broncos didnt want to have 2 picks in the 1st round this year and they are not in great cap shape and would be looking to trade away for top picks in next years draft...Or maybe now that they have 2 they can trade up further and only have 1 first round salary to pay than 2 lower ones...Either way they will get 2 great players at 15 and 22...Maybe they can trade up with the Texans...and take Reggie Bush #1

I don't think they'd package both of their first rounders either. I could see them packaging that late 2nd to move up a bit for Davis. Who could take Davis? He won't go in the top-4

#5 GB

I think they just locked up Franks long term in 2005 & get Javon Walker back to go alongside Driver. Plus defense is a much bigger need.

#6 SF

This is possible despite almost everyone having Hawk going here. They lost Lloyd & Alex Smith could definitely use a go-to guy.

#7 Oakland

Receivers are not where this team is lacking. Very unlikely.

#8 Buffalo

They just drafted Everett last year, though he had an ACL injury in camp. Nowhere near the talent as Davis, but still more likely they go defense; particularly if Ngata is still on the board.

#9 Detroit

See Oakland: the last thing this team needs to draft is another receiver. Martz is a WR guy not a TE guy.

#10 Arizona

Same as Oakland & Detroit. They have three WR's already. Think they go QB or OT if they draft offense.

#11 Rams

First team below SF I could see taking him.

#12 Cleveland

Already have Kellen Winslow

#13 Ravens

Already have one of the game's greats at TE in Todd Heap

#14 Eagles

Have LJ Smith, but he's injury-prone. Possibility he could go here.

#15 is Denver

So if he goes before 15, I think he would likely go to SF(6), Rams(11), Eagles(14).

Packaging their 2nd-rounder should be enough to get them to #9 or #10. It would leave them with no picks in rds 2 & 3, but they were very late picks in those rounds anyway & being a SB contender it would be worth it for a shot at Davis.

We are going to get 1 maybe 2 comp. picks for losing Kennoy Kennedy and Reggie Hayward.

I still think Shanny wants a RB in the first, I read somewhere that he wants a franchise RB to take over.

That is why he was interested in Jamal Lewis and Ricky Williams untill he tested positive.

I really don't think we need one seeing as we were #2 in the league in rushing with mediocre players.

I could see us taking Mike Bell out of Arizona in the later rounds.

He came from a similar running blocking scheme as ours.

We are going to get 1 maybe 2 comp. picks for losing Kennoy Kennedy and Reggie Hayward.

I still think Shanny wants a RB in the first, I read somewhere that he wants a franchise RB to take over.

That is why he was interested in Jamal Lewis and Ricky Williams untill he tested positive.

I really don't think we need one seeing as we were #2 in the league in rushing with mediocre players.

I could see us taking Mike Bell out of Arizona in the later rounds.

He came from a similar running blocking scheme as ours.

Sanny does not think Tatum Bell is a feature back? He is still in Denver, right? I thought he showed glimpses of being a good back in this league. Heck, I'd take him over Blalock anytime.

Sanny does not think Tatum Bell is a feature back? He is still in Denver, right? I thought he showed glimpses of being a good back in this league. Heck, I'd take him over Blalock anytime.

I have no idea what shanny is thinking, I love Bell.

He has amazing cut back ability and blazing speed.

I really want Dayne and Tatum carring the ball this year.

Maybe Shanny is laying smokescreen to confuse earlier picks and cause later picks to want to move up.

(who knows)

I had read last week that the Broncos didnt want to have 2 picks in the 1st round this year and they are not in great cap shape and would be looking to trade away for top picks in next years draft...Or maybe now that they have 2 they can trade up further and only have 1 first round salary to pay than 2 lower ones...Either way they will get 2 great players at 15 and 22...Maybe they can trade up with the Texans...and take Reggie Bush #1

That's not true anymore. After letting Pryce, Anderson, and Putzier go, they are fine against the cap. They can afford to keep both picks if they want. They don't have a ton of room, which is why the haven't been real active in free agency, but they have enough to draft.

The issue with Bell is durability. I think Shanahan lost confidence in him making it through the year as a feature back. In addition, this past season was supposed to be his break-out year. Instead he got beat out by Mike Anderson in training camp.

Bell is trade bait on draft day. If they pull anything that day, he will be involved. His perceived worth is pretty high around the league.

#9 Detroit

Which is true... in the Martz offense, TE's are usually in to just block. But, it's not like Davis is an average TE, either. I guess, anyway. But, as it stands, the Lions should draft either Huff, one of the OT's, or Davis. If anything else is drafted, the Lions will have yet another crappy season.

What does Mike Shanahan groom...running backs. Which running back is slated to go in the mid 1st round. Lendale White. Right now Denver has the possibility of RON DAYNE being their running back.

Just in case some the older members posting here missed that I'm going to emphasis that again: RON DAYNE

That's all that needs to be said...pick up White, he'll be a workhorse and solid through and through...there's gotta be a reason why he was in there replacing the future #1 pick at RB when Bush was doing all his other things. White scored the TD's last year...not Bush. Bush got the all-purpose yards.

Archived