I Love Garrett Wilson but George Pickens.... Damn that boy Good

JetBlue

On 10/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, JiFapono said:

Garrett Wilson has a 100 yard game under his belt as well.  I'm not even disagreeing with you,  Pickens looks awesome.  I just dont see how you could see special in Pickens and not in Wilson when Wilson has actually done something special that was meaningful to the outcome of the game.

I understand you're saying it's not a knock but it definitely is even if not intentional.  You're saying one guy is a special beast and the other is just a system fit.  That's a knock, for sure, lol, but all good.  I have no idea who will have the better career, both look like they could be studs albeit in different ways.

I didn't say Wilson wasn't special.  The focus was on Pickens.   When I look at Pickens Size, Speed, Leaping ability, Hands, Blocking ability, Route running... yeah I think he can be special.   Wilson has special traits too in his elusiveness, route running, hands etc.  he also seems to be a better fit for what LaFleur wants to do so I am totally on board with him.    Maybe you are are right and I just like his playing style better.  He is the kind of guy that if you put the ball any where near him, he is going to come down with it.  Wilson has similar ability I think but again, one guy is 6'3 and the other is 5'11 or maybe 6 feet.   

As you stated they both have WR 1 traits and I am very excited to have Wilson.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:11 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

No knock on Wilson but you keep on putting up positives on this Pickens dude and what he's doing compared to Wilson.  Wilson is a better athlete than Pickens and before too long, he'll be the Jets number one target.  He's just scratching the service and I'll take the Jets WR group over the Steelers.

Wilson is not a better athlete than Pickens.  I don't know where you are getting that.  Both of them are just scratching the surface.  I was making a point about Pickens because we have had numerous posts about Wilson which states just how good he can be.  I was brought up Pickens because he was a player I really liked going into the draft and against the Jets he gave a glimpse of what he is capable of.  He hadn't even gotten many reps prior to that game and now is looking like their number 1 target already.    I am excited about Wilson, and I look forward to Zach building more chemistry with him.   Both of these players have WR 1 ability.    Btw, this was never a conversation about what group of receivers I would take so your point on that is kinda pointless. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Glad you said it…….JD has 2 solid drafts.  These kids are playing.  I dont give a FUKK about the rest.  

Im not gonna look up and down the draft comparing.   My main complaint is the Becton over Wirfs pick.  

No major complaints since 2020….

Jesus, another clueless post.  Dude I was a big fan of Pickens AND Wilson going into the draft.  It was obvious we would not be taking Pickens that high in the draft so once we took Wilson that was that.   My point simply was Pickens has shown ALREADY just like WILSON HAS SHOWN that they both look like they can be WR 1s in this league.   I was intrigued by Pickens alot because of his 6'3 size and how always seemed come down with every catch thrown in his vicinity.  Attitude concerns and his 2021 injury caused him to fall in the draft NOT HIS ABILITY.   I am very happy to have Wilson because he is a better fit for US at this time and comes with no baggage.   However, Pickens was a STEAL for the Steelers (no pun) and alot of other teams who needed a receiver are going to kick themselves for passing on him.   

Learn how to read constructively and stop thinking everything is negative just because it might highlight another player.   Beleive it or not, but the Jets did not draft ALL the good players in last years draft.   I know we have been traumatized by years of horrific drafts so we seem to have this knee jerk reaction.    It's okay.  No one is hating on any of our draft picks okay? 

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Jesus, another clueless post.  Dude I was a big fan of Pickens AND Wilson going into the draft.  It was obvious we would not be taking Pickens that high in the draft so once we took Wilson that was that.   My point simply was Pickens has shown ALREADY just like WILSON HAS SHOWN that they both look like they can be WR 1s in this league.   I was intrigued by Pickens alot because of his 6'3 size and how always seemed come down with every catch thrown in his vicinity.  Attitude concerns and his 2021 injury caused him to fall in the draft NOT HIS ABILITY.   I am very happy to have Wilson because he is a better fit for US at this time and comes with no baggage.   However, Pickens was a STEAL for the Steelers (no pun) and alot of other teams who needed a receiver are going to kick themselves for passing on him.   

Learn how to read constructively and stop thinking everything is negative just because it might highlight another player.   Beleive it or not, but the Jets did not draft ALL the good players in last years draft.   I know we have been traumatized by years of horrific drafts so we seem to have this knee jerk reaction.    It's okay.  No one is hating on any of our draft picks okay? 

1. I wasn’t talking to you. Didn’t mean to offend you or anyone. 

2. I personally have no interest in who you or anyone  likes that  is a non Jet. We have a draft forum for that.  This is a JET board. If we all posted who we liked and started a thread where would be be?

I dont care about Pickens one bit. 

Good day sir…..  please start a thread about your favorite steak house.  Ill care the same.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Wilson is not a better athlete than Pickens.  I don't know where you are getting that.  Both of them are just scratching the surface.  I was making a point about Pickens because we have had numerous posts about Wilson which states just how good he can be.  I was brought up Pickens because he was a player I really liked going into the draft and against the Jets he gave a glimpse of what he is capable of.  He hadn't even gotten many reps prior to that game and now is looking like their number 1 target already.    I am excited about Wilson, and I look forward to Zach building more chemistry with him.   Both of these players have WR 1 ability.    Btw, this was never a conversation about what group of receivers I would take so your point on that is kinda pointless. 

GW ran 3.38 40, GP a 4.37 40.

GW 36-inch vertical jump and 10-foot, 3-inch broad jump.  
GW has 32 in arm length, GP 32 3/8.  
GW 9 7/8 hands to GP 8 7/8 

GW has more yardage and has scored a TD.  Not any for GP.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

1. I wasn’t talking to you. Didn’t mean to offend you or anyone. 

2. I personally have no interest in who you or anyone  likes that  is a non Jet. We have a draft forum for that.  This is a JET board. If we all posted who we liked and started a thread where would be be?

I dont care about Pickens one bit. 

Good day sir…..  please start a thread about your favorite steak house.  Ill care the same.  

I certainly will, in a forum about steakhouses.   It appeared you were referring to my post or thread; otherwise not sure why you were commenting.  I really don't care what threads you decide to start or comment in.  See if someone starts a thread I am not interested, I simply ignore it and find something I AM interested in.  Hey that is just me.  You keep posting in threads you have no interest in if that works for you 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

GW ran 3.38 40, GP a 4.37 40.

GW 36-inch vertical jump and 10-foot, 3-inch broad jump.  
GW has 32 in arm length, GP 32 3/8.  
GW 9 7/8 hands to GP 8 7/8 

GW has more yardage and has scored a TD.  Not any for GP.

You do realize that GP didn't even get any time until the Jet game?  To compare stats at this point is a little meaningless as it is so early in the season.  If you want to cherry pick stats just look at the last two games for each player.  
Also I think you mean Wilson ran a 4.38 not a 3.38.    You also didn't post GP vertical or 10 foot whatever.   Don't forget that Pickens is also almost 4 inches taller. 

Also this was never a knock against Wilson as you seem to be making it out to be.  Pickens first real action was against the Jets and he had over 100 yards.  Last week he had 83.   It will be interesting to see what he does this week.   We know Zach didn't through the ball much this week so Wilson didn't get many targets.  Hopefully that will change against Green Bay.   I am very happy we got Wilson and also happy that none of our division rivals got Pickens.   

25 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I certainly will, in a forum about steakhouses.   It appeared you were referring to my post or thread; otherwise not sure why you were commenting.  I really don't care what threads you decide to start or comment in.  See if someone starts a thread I am not interested, I simply ignore it and find something I AM interested in.  Hey that is just me.  You keep posting in threads you have no interest in if that works for you 

200.gif

• Haha 2

On 10/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, PS17 said:

Pickens is a loose cannon. Pittsburgh has a strong HC and veteran locker room presence to take a chance on a guy like that. I’m very happy with Garrett Wilson, even though I love Pickens as a prospect and player. 

this. Pickens seems like the type of prospect that dropped down boards because of character and injury history.

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

You do realize that GP didn't even get any time until the Jet game?  To compare stats at this point is a little meaningless as it is so early in the season.  If you want to cherry pick stats just look at the last two games for each player.  
Also I think you mean Wilson ran a 4.38 not a 3.38.    You also didn't post GP vertical or 10 foot whatever.   Don't forget that Pickens is also almost 4 inches taller. 

Also this was never a knock against Wilson as you seem to be making it out to be.  Pickens first real action was against the Jets and he had over 100 yards.  Last week he had 83.   It will be interesting to see what he does this week.   We know Zach didn't through the ball much this week so Wilson didn't get many targets.  Hopefully that will change against Green Bay.   I am very happy we got Wilson and also happy that none of our division rivals got Pickens.   

Pickens played week one, had only one for 3.  Played week 2,  again 1 catch.  Week 3 he had 3 catches.  Week 4 and 5 as you said he had 100 and then 83.  So what Wilson had over 100 and then 60 something.  And won a game in Cleveland.  The argument is silly, Pickens didn’t get catches so he gets a pass?  Listen, he’s good no one is saying he isn’t.  But they are saying talk him up somewhere else, especially when he hasn’t shown he’s more than GW.   Wilson’s been more productive, is faster, has bigger hands, long arms while being 3 inches shorter, not 4

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pickens played week one, had only one for 3.  Played week 2,  again 1 catch.  Week 3 he had 3 catches.  Week 4 and 5 as you said he had 100 and then 83.  So what Wilson had over 100 and then 60 something.  And won a game in Cleveland.  The argument is silly, Pickens didn’t get catches so he gets a pass?  Listen, he’s good no one is saying he isn’t.  But they are saying talk him up somewhere else, especially when he hasn’t shown he’s more than GW.   Wilson’s been more productive, is faster, has bigger hands, long arms while being 3 inches shorter, not 4

Again dude no one is arguing who is better but you.  I like both, I think Pickens has potential to be special.  He has already made a catch on par with OBJ and has almost as many yards as Wilson with less targets.  This back and forth is silly.  Pickens is a tremendous athlete, you want to nick pick, go right ahead.  Wilson is not faster, he may be shiftier or more elusive but running 4.38 and 4.37 is almost identical.  3 inches or 4 inches he is still considerably taller, has long arms and has shown both in college and in the pros that he can make both the highlight reel catch as well as the regular catch.      I have already said I am glad we have Wilson.  It is my opinion based on what I have seen of Pickens, what he has demonstrated in college and his limited time in the NFL, he can be a special player. 

So can Wilson; they just play two different styles.   My liking Pickens does not diminish Wilson; he was 10th player selected for a reason.    Pickens went in the second round but is looking as good as any reciever taken in round one right now.   That is fact. 

That said I am hoping Wilson has strong game against Green Bay and Denver.  Zach really needs to continue to develop chemistry with him.   I would love to see him get about 8-10 targets this week.  He has shown flashes of what he is capable of. I would love to see a few deep passes to Wilson.  So far it seems they are content with the underneath and intermediate stuff. 

On 10/11/2022 at 12:43 PM, SuicidalSince98 said:

Pickens is a head case 

Takes one to know one. 

Your screws are too tight...

Mine are too loose....

Headcases are fun under the right circumstances.

See: Antonio Browns good years.

You're a bit ornery but your worst crime is being platitudinous.

Nonetheless, I know how to have fun with that.

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I didn't say Wilson wasn't special.  The focus was on Pickens.   When I look at Pickens Size, Speed, Leaping ability, Hands, Blocking ability, Route running... yeah I think he can be special.   Wilson has special traits too in his elusiveness, route running, hands etc.  he also seems to be a better fit for what LaFleur wants to do so I am totally on board with him.    Maybe you are are right and I just like his playing style better.  He is the kind of guy that if you put the ball any where near him, he is going to come down with it.  Wilson has similar ability I think but again, one guy is 6'3 and the other is 5'11 or maybe 6 feet.   

As you stated they both have WR 1 traits and I am very excited to have Wilson.  

I loved Pickens coming out as well.

Hes a kind of crazy I can get behind. Even if he can only keep his head together through 2 contracts hes gonna be fun to watch.

Find it funny there are some who don't want to talk about other teams and players.

jETs oR nOtHinG bRo

With four firsts (rebuilding) in my dynasty draft he was an end of the first target for me and one of the first recievers I really liked and wanted going through the process. Some Tacos allowed me to get Burks,Wilson, Jamo, Dotson and I couldnt pads up that value at the picks they fell to. I had hoped to swipe Pickens at 2.05 but he was snaged at 2.03. 

• Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I loved Pickens coming out as well.

Hes a kind of crazy I can get behind. Even if he can only keep his head together through 2 contracts hes gonna be fun to watch.

Find it funny there are some who don't want to talk about other teams and players.

jETs oR nOtHinG bRo

With four firsts (rebuilding) in my dynasty draft he was an end of the first target for me and one of the first recievers I really liked and wanted going through the process. Some Tacos allowed me to get Burks,Wilson, Jamo, Dotson and I couldnt pads up that value at the picks they fell to. I had hoped to swipe Pickens at 2.05 but he was snaged at 2.03. 

Yeah it is really kind of weird.  I was watching Chris Olave who is on the Saints now and was like, "Damn, this kid is going to be good."   Good thing I didn't bring him up, some folks might want to get me banned lol.  

• Upvote 1