Tough Loss But …

6 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. White looks like a guy we can win with.   Several more games for a complete evaluation but he balled out today. Overall looked better than the Vikings starting QB. 

2. He’s more than a game manager, making several big time throws, throwing deep (just missed to Garrett) and adjusting his velocity (beautifully) as needed

3. The interior run blocking and LaFleur are responsible for this loss.

4. This game shows why we need a dangerous #2 WR to compliment Garrett.  Conklin, Berrios, Moore all failed to make tough catches.

5. Also shows we need another road grading nasty in the middle for short yardage.

6. Garrett has Jefferson potential.  Scary how good he is.

7. Bam is a good nickname for the kid.  Odd we put him at risk on the practice squad over Ty Johnson.

8. Thank God Quinnen is ok.

9. Offensive Tackles performed well against the Vikings stud Edge rushers.  LBs did well containing Hockerson and Cook.

10. A stud free safety completes our secondary and makes our defense that much better.  Bigger need than LB in my opinion.  As in round 2 or so

I feel great about our future!!

Iike your take, Mike white def can win games and looked much better than cousins who played with so called better players. Cook/ Jefferson

The red zone problems I think are due to Mike white and jets being on Game 2 or 3 while rest of the league is on game whatever week we are on. I wish Mike white had started game 1

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. White looks like a guy we can win with.   Several more games for a complete evaluation but he balled out today. Overall looked better than the Vikings starting QB. 

2. He’s more than a game manager, making several big time throws, throwing deep (just missed to Garrett) and adjusting his velocity (beautifully) as needed

4. This game shows why we need a dangerous #2 WR to compliment Garrett.  Conklin, Berrios, Moore all failed to make tough catches.

5. Also shows we need another road grading nasty in the middle for short yardage.

7. Bam is a good nickname for the kid.  Odd we put him at risk on the practice squad over Ty Johnson.

9. Offensive Tackles performed well against the Vikings stud Edge rushers.  LBs did well containing Hockerson and Cook.

10. A stud free safety completes our secondary and makes our defense that much better.  Bigger need than LB in my opinion.  As in round 2 or so

Good thread, Garrett is clearly # 1 material, like upper echelon # 1.  It would be nice if Corey Davis rounded into form and convinced everyone he could be that solid # 2 with 800 yards or so a year, make the tough catch. Looking like he's not that guy.

They need that guy.

Elijah is looking like a # 3.  Mims hasn't shown enough, although his blocking is great.

You could see a new vet receiver in here next year.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Iike your take, Mike white def can win games and looked much better than cousins who played with so called better players. Cook/ Jefferson

The red zone problems I think are due to Mike white and jets being on Game 2 or 3 while rest of the league is on game whatever week we are on. I wish Mike white had started game 1

Great point.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

this is cool you should do a 10 point every week as a little synopsis 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm not even upset with the loss.  That was a fun game and White showed some stones down the stretch.  The team is ahead of schedule and is making a run next year when Hall comes back.

I'm ok with trading Moore (please) and drafting another receiver in the first round.  

With you except keep Moore as a slot and get him the ball more.  He was open on some crucial downs.

It was a fun game!  I feel so much more confident with White.

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Good thread, Garrett is clearly # 1 material, like upper echelon # 1.  It would be nice if Corey Davis rounded into form and convinced everyone he could be that solid # 2 with 800 yards or so a year, make the tough catch. Looking like he's not that guy.

They need that guy.

Elijah is looking like a # 3.  Mims hasn't shown enough, although his blocking is great.

You could see a new vet receiver in here next year.

You’re coming around to why I think Davis is let go after this year ;). We just differ on who replaces him.

There is a crazy stat that shows first round WRs from the SEC, USC and Ohio State have HIT something like 12 of the last 13 times.  It’s insane.

Plus they are becoming so expensive to sign in FA.  First rounder in Jets slot will cost $2.5M against next year’s cap.

I’m with you on OLine.  I just see the Jets drafting Center in round 3 after a Free safety in Round 2 AND using the cap savings from Davis, Lawson .. to solidify the interior OLine.  I’m comfortable for a year at OT with a healthy Duane Brown, Max Mitchell, Mekhi Becton, the guy who played before Mitchell & Fant came back, a 2023 mid rounder, and AVT as the last line of insurance.