Elite Jets Players: is there yet 1 more in the making?

Here’s my list for sh*tes and giggles.

Adding Michael Carter II to the watch list.  The eyeballs match up with PFF’s 80 grade = top 3 graded slot corner in the NFL.  He’s allowed 1 TD on a broken tackle by Whitehead (Bengals) in over a year and a half.  A nice pass defensed yesterday plus an almost Int on a play called back by a defensive holding on Reed.

——————————————————————-

1. Garret (arrow up big time, possibly a top 10 receiver as he ends his rookie year with a credible QB that can get him the ball)

2. Quinnen (up to 9 sacks, best DT in the game)

3. Sauce (quiet game yesterday which is good for what might be an All Pro rookie Corner)

4. Breece (he was just getting started) :(

5. AVT (on track to anchor our Oline for the next decade)

6. DJ (tough assignment yesterday, lower in this list but still Pro Bowl caliber)

7. Bryce Huff (disruptive yesterday even without a sack, he’s the Jets 2nd highest graded player with an elite 90 grade as a situational pass rusher)

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

PFF is absolute ?️

It’s not just about PFF.  I only used a couple benchmarks that match up with stats.

Michael Carter II is becoming one of the NFL’s elite slot corners and the numbers back it up.

That’s an exciting thing no?  Do you Remember Buster Skrine and Kyle Wilson?

This guy might just be the biggest unsung hero on the team.  Btw- hope his ankle is ok..

Nice post. Good stuff to read. Having a rich secondary feels odd, but oh so satisfying. A good cohesive unit. I missed the days of Cro and Revis with Leonard roaming and a juice head thumper like LaRon making people afraid. I hope we can find our heavy hitting safety soon. Miss you Eric Smith, even with your short comings.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, pointman said:

Nice post. Good stuff to read. Having a rich secondary feels odd, but oh so satisfying. A good cohesive unit. I missed the days of Cro and Revis with Leonard roaming and a juice head thumper like LaRon making people afraid. I hope we can find our heavy hitting safety soon. Miss you Eric Smith, even with your short comings.

Agree.

Whitehead’s a pretty good hitter but has struggled with some missed tackles.

I think a rangy free safety completes our secondary since Whitehead has been a good box safety.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

i don't know about elite but they need to draft more players like Clemons and less players like JJ 

Lunch pail guys?  Love Clemons but you might be a bit harsh on JJ.  He made some good run stops on Sunday.

I get it though, we drafted him for sacks.  Hoping he can take over for Lawson next year who is due $15M we will likely not be able to afford.

At this point, he looks like a guy who can get up to 8 sacks and set a great edge in a full time role.  I just don’t see the elite burst that typically is a common attribute of elite edge rushers.  Typically but not always.

• Upvote 1