First NFl games of the season announced

faba

'Manning Bowl', MNF twin bill highlight schedule peek

ESPN.com news services

ESPN will kick off the new era of Monday Night Football with a doubleheader, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue announced Monday.

NFL schedule sneak-peekThursday, Sept. 7:

So the Jets are opening on the road again??? That SUCKS!

yup,,the NFL offices have been in NYC for many many years and all the employees are Metro area peole. hence, most of the old farts in the front office are big-time traditional old time NFL Giant fans.

Look at the stats, its something like 75% of openers go to Jints. You couldnt get those %s if filppied a coin for years.

There was a rumor floating around some time ago about a Pats/Jets home opener at Gillette - now that would be a terrific weekend in Boston. BC gets smacked around by Clemson on Saturday then the Jets get smacked around by the Pats on Sunday. A beautiful scenario, imo.

There was a rumor floating around some time ago about a Pats/Jets home opener at Gillette - now that would be a terrific weekend in Boston. BC gets smacked around by Clemson on Saturday then the Jets get smacked around by the Pats on Sunday. A beautiful scenario, imo.

Do not get your hopes up

BC is in the Final Four for NCAA hockey championship by the way

Hockey may as well be Tidley Winks as far as most of America is concerned.

I have completely changed my opinion about BC's defection from the Big East to the ACC. Why? Because in basketball ACC stands for the All Choke Conference. That's exactly where BC belongs.

As far as the frozen four goes - good, freeze.

Go Clemson! ;)

Hockey may as well be Tidley Winks as far as most of America is concerned.

I have completely changed my opinion about BC's defection from the Big East to the ACC. Why? Because in basketball ACC stands for the All Choke Conference. That's exactly where BC belongs.

As far as the frozen four goes - good, freeze.

Go Clemson! ;)

Did you attend Clemson, can't picture it in my mind..........

One thing the NFL should know-there isn't going to be a point to having the Directv NFL Sunday Ticket package with all these extra games. It's the reason I bought Direct in the first place. But between going to 7-8 games a year and the fact that most games you want to see will be on Thursdays, Saturdays, Sunday and Monday nights, why bother paying $200+ plus for games I probably won't watch? Now the only market for NFLST is Southern California and people who root for an out-of-market team.

Also-Fox and CBS have doubleheaders most weekends anyway. When the hurricane games were on a Saturday twice in 2 years and not on the Ticket, what's the point? The NFL has now cannibalized ther own product.

In trying to figure this out with much assuming it looks like we might open the season on the road at a 1 P.M game on Channel 2 against either Tennessee, Cleveland , Baltimore or Buffalo.

Well my buddy (whose a Giants fan) and I are ready to start finding tickets for that Giants / Colts game since it won't be interferering with the Jets.

We can also take from this that Week 1 our Jets will be on the road, yet again.

Hopefully a 1pm game so I can watch it and then rush to the Meadowlands to tailgate. If not, then it's hauling the freakin' TV to watch it in the parking lot.

In trying to figure this out with much assuming it looks like we might open the season on the road at a 1 P.M game on Channel 2 against either Tennessee, Cleveland , Baltimore or Buffalo.

Please let it be 1pm.

Wow imagine if it is at Cleveland. JN tailgate party or Giants / Colts game with a few friends, hopefully not Cleveland.

I think 1pm, Jets @ Titans would be good for Kevin Mawae against his old team.

We don't play Baltimore I thought? I think you mean Green Bay and if that's the case and Brett Favre returns I may be going to that game with a few Packer fans.

Please let it be 1pm.

Wow imagine if it is at Cleveland. JN tailgate party or Giants / Colts game with a few friends, hopefully not Cleveland.

I think 1pm, Jets @ Titans would be good for Kevin Mawae against his old team.

We don't play Baltimore I thought? I think you mean Green Bay and if that's the case and Brett Favre returns I may be going to that game with a few Packer fans.

Yes I screwed up Baltimore we do not play you are right. It looks like it could be a early road trip this year if Cleveland

Archived