Jets 2022 Play Calling

SoFlaJets

Right around the time LeFluer was fired I went over the play calling that the Jets used to start their games Talk about pathetic and no imagination play calling Here they are:

Week 1-vs Baltimore - Michael Carter around the left end for 19 yards

Week 2 vs Cleveland - Michael Carter over LG for 1 yard

Week 3 vs Cincinnati - (after holding on Def) Michael Carter over RG for 2 yards

Week 4 vs Pittsburgh - Michael Carter over LG for 2 yards

Week 5 vs Miami - Wilson to Wilson for 10

Week 6 vs Green Bay - Breece Hall up the middle for 3 yards

Week 7 vs Denver - Wilson does a 3 and out on 3 passes

Week 8 vs New England - Michael Carter up the middle for 5 yards

Week 9 vs Buffalo - Michael Carter left end for -4 yards

Week 10 - vs New England - Zach Wilson runs for his life for 6 yards

Week 11 - vs Chicago - Michael Carter over RT for 6 yards

Week 12 - vs Minnesota - Zonovan Knight over left end for 7 yards

Week 13 - vs Buffalo - Zonovan Knight up the middle for 2 yards 

Week 14 vs Detroit - Zonovan Knight up the middle for -1

Week 15 vs Jacksonville - Zonovan Knight over RG for 1 yard

Week 16 vs Seattle - White INC pass to Davis

Week 17 vs Miami - Michael Carter over Left End for 2 yards

The most infuriating part of the offense was the bubble motion with Moore running behind the QB which pretty much took him out of each play and made it 10 vs 11 as Moore was so far behind the line he wasn’t a threat.   I definitely don’t see GB, SF, or Rams running that motion so I have no idea what the purpose was.   All I know is it let the D sit back and defend vs 4 eligible instead of 5.   

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barkus said:

The jets were one of the worst teams scoring on opening drive of the game and 1st quarter overall. That falls to coaching imo.

It seems like they only ever changed things up when they got behind. They’d wait until the other team scored and then they’d be like “ok let’s get serious “. They never attacked and once they got to the red zone the only time all year I remember them taking shots in the end zone was the browns game. And only because they had no choice. They play like they have balls like raisins. And when you watch other teams play it really hits home just how predictable the jets were on offense. The last 6 games of the season opposing teams were run blitzing on every first down play, and what did we call? Run run run

19 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Right around the time LeFluer was fired I went over the play calling that the Jets used to start their games Talk about pathetic and no imagination play calling Here they are:

Week 1-vs Baltimore - Michael Carter around the left end for 19 yards

Week 2 vs Cleveland - Michael Carter over LG for 1 yard

Week 3 vs Cincinnati - (after holding on Def) Michael Carter over RG for 2 yards

Week 4 vs Pittsburgh - Michael Carter over LG for 2 yards

Week 5 vs Miami - Wilson to Wilson for 10

Week 6 vs Green Bay - Breece Hall up the middle for 3 yards

Week 7 vs Denver - Wilson does a 3 and out on 3 passes

Week 8 vs New England - Michael Carter up the middle for 5 yards

Week 9 vs Buffalo - Michael Carter left end for -4 yards

Week 10 - vs New England - Zach Wilson runs for his life for 6 yards

Week 11 - vs Chicago - Michael Carter over RT for 6 yards

Week 12 - vs Minnesota - Zonovan Knight over left end for 7 yards

Week 13 - vs Buffalo - Zonovan Knight up the middle for 2 yards 

Week 14 vs Detroit - Zonovan Knight up the middle for -1

Week 15 vs Jacksonville - Zonovan Knight over RG for 1 yard

Week 16 vs Seattle - White INC pass to Davis

Week 17 vs Miami - Michael Carter over Left End for 2 yards

I really don't  see what the issue is.  Not every forst down os going to work. He was successful  on about 1/3 of first downs. Anytime you get 4 or more yards, it's  a good  call. Even 3 yards on first isn't  terrible.  I also think it's  funny how you wrote Zach running for his life. That is obviously  Zach holding the ball too long. 

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not that I'm heavily motivated to come to MLF's rescue here, but 

• Week 7 vs Denver - Wilson does a 3 and out on 3 passes
  • Week 10 - vs New England - Zach Wilson runs for his life for 6 yards
  • Week 16 vs Seattle - White INC pass to Davis

are outcomes, not play calls.

The play called was to complete passes for first downs, not to screw up.

Whatever, he sucks. Or at best, he was a terrible fit for a team full of young players, with or without ZW being one of them. 

This is the real problem with a young OC. It's not that he doesn't know anything; he does. It's that he only knows one thing, and if the personnel doesn't match what he knows on paper, then he's got no other good answers/ideas.

I don't see what your issue was with the way this was reported here SE, what I was pointing out was how little imagination our team showed with it's opening drives' first play here is that week 10 play 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  see what the issue is.  Not every forst down os going to work. He was successful  on about 1/3 of first downs. Anytime you get 4 or more yards, it's  a good  call. Even 3 yards on first isn't  terrible.  I also think it's  funny how you wrote Zach running for his life. That is obviously  Zach holding the ball too long. 

Go watch the play and you'll see why I described it as that MC-as usual his first read was covered so he pump fakes and runs actually looking scared. Like he's thinking, "I don't want to screw up here what should I do?"