2023 NFL Combine day three, QBs, WRs, TE's...

Beerfish

Should be overall the most interesting day of the combine.

Getting to see the QBs throw side by side should be interesting.  (Bryce Young is not throwing I believe) The better the QBs look the better for the Jets, we want as many as possible to go top ten.

TE's might be of interest to the Jets.

This seems to be a sub par Wr group this year overall.  Will be interesting to see if anyone stands out.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bryce Young 5'10, 204 pounds.  The 204 pounds is pretty surprising.

I'm not surprised, I knew he'd put on weight for the combine. I don't think he'll play at 204 though. I think his playing weight is around 185. Maybe at most he'll be around 190-195

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bryce Young 5'10, 204 pounds.  The 204 pounds is pretty surprising.

Katharine Hepburn Reaction GIF by Maudit

39 minutes ago, King P said:

I'm not surprised, I knew he'd put on weight for the combine. I don't think he'll play at 204 though. I think his playing weight is around 185. Maybe at most he'll be around 190-195

Tua 2.0

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I don't know if Anthony Richardson is going to pan out, but I can't remember a more impressive combine by a QB. Freak ... rare ... generational .... all those superlatives fit when describing him as an athlete at the QB position. 

If the Jets got Rodgers without giving up 13, I would LOVE to take Richardson and sit him on the bench. Won’t happen for a number of reasons, most of all because I don’t see him lasting to 13 and I think if they get Rodgers they go all in on surrounding/protecting him and that includes the first rounder, but man if anyone can unlock this guy’s full potential we’d be seeing something we haven’t seen before.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

If the Jets got Rodgers without giving up 13, I would LOVE to take Richardson and sit him on the bench. Won’t happen for a number of reasons, most of all because I don’t see him lasting to 13 and I think if they get Rodgers they go all in on surrounding/protecting him and that includes the first rounder, but man if anyone can unlock this guy’s full potential we’d be seeing something we haven’t seen before.

If the Jets had an Alex Smith (or even Josh McCown) type of QB on the roster, I could get onboard with picking Richardson at 13, but its just not the right move for the franchise at this time. 

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

After this performance he might shuffle the QB rankings.  Most of the time he was looked at as QB 4 among the top 4, maybe higher now.

19 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I don't know if Anthony Richardson is going to pan out, but I can't remember a more impressive combine by a QB. Freak ... rare ... generational .... all those superlatives fit when describing him as an athlete at the QB position. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

After this performance he might shuffle the QB rankings.  Most of the time he was looked at as QB 4 among the top 4, maybe higher now.

He is impressive physically, but I wil reserve judement until he throws. 

I ain't giving a Gator credit for anything until I have to.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

He has good film, but makes you wonder if his speed doesn’t match his film. Even so, even a 4.55 at that size should secure a 1st round grade.

He has had good vert (40.5)  and broad jump (11.2), so he is doign pretty well.  He is still going to run routes and to me, route running and hands are the two most important skills for a WR, and I think Johnston has something to prove in those areas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If the Jets had an Alex Smith (or even Josh McCown) type of QB on the roster, I could get onboard with picking Richardson at 13, but its just not the right move for the franchise at this time. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I think there’s a lot of potential landing spots ahead of 13 that make sense pending how long the front offices/coaching staffs are willing to wait to get a top pick on the field. I don’t think we’re one of them, and I get the reasons why, but the good thing is at least we should see some prospects fall to us that might not have otherwise.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I think there’s a lot of potential landing spots ahead of 13 that make sense pending how long the front offices/coaching staffs are willing to wait to get a top pick on the field. I don’t think we’re one of them, and I get the reasons why, but the good thing is at least we should see some prospects fall to us that might not have otherwise.

I could see a team like Detroit.  They have Goff under contract two more seasons -- he played really well second half this year.  Get a guy like Richardson and bring him along slowly,  Anyway, I do agree with you, the more QBs who go in the top 12, the better for us.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I could see a team like Detroit.  They have Goff under contract two more seasons -- he played really well second half this year.  Get a guy like Richardson and bring him along slowly,  Anyway, I do agree with you, the more QBs who go in the top 12, the better for us.

That’s precisely how it should be done. Frustrating that ZW didn’t have a staff to develop him.

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Seattle, Detroit, Tennessee (depending on what they think of Willis’ prospects) all make sense. Carolina if they’re truly willing to run it back with Darnold this year might make some sense as well. Houston, Indy, Vegas, Atlanta are spots where I think he’d be rushed into the lineup and it could be a disaster. But that’s 8 teams ahead of us needing QBs in some capacity. I’d guess minimum 3, but probably 4 go ahead of us now that Richardson has indeed solidified himself as perhaps the greatest athlete at QB we’ve seen yet.