bruce tickets

In the land of Jersey, where dreams may fade,

There's a fella named Tom Chode, a blue-collar shade,

Working hard day and night, no time for play,

But his luck's as dry as the Turnpike on a summer's day.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

Tom Chode, the guy with a heart full of grit,

But his fashion sense, well, he just don't quite fit,

His jeans too tight, his mullet held high,

He's the poster child for fashion that makes angels cry.

With his Jersey accent thick and pride on his sleeve,

Tom Chode thinks he's cool, but we all just grieve,

His pickup truck rattles down the boulevard,

While his romantic gestures fall flat and hard.

But hey, let's not be too quick to judge,

Even if Tom Chode's got a slacker-like grudge,

In the land of Jersey, where dreams may bloom,

There's a bit of charm in those folks we assume.

WHOA WHOA WHOA.

(Clarence solo... fade out)

• 2 months later...

Getting ready to head into Chicago to see him tonight.  Got great reviews for the show here on Wednesday night.  Never seen Bruce before, so really looking forward to tonight.  The drive in, with major construction on the expressway that took 2+ hours last time I did it on a Friday night.  That I could do without.

And a special added bonus for Mrs Lith -- she gets to go with me to the bar that houses the Chicago Jet Fans for burgers and beers before the concert.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:30 PM, Lith said:

Getting ready to head into Chicago to see him tonight.  Got great reviews for the show here on Wednesday night.  Never seen Bruce before, so really looking forward to tonight.  The drive in, with major construction on the expressway that took 2+ hours last time I did it on a Friday night.  That I could do without.

And a special added bonus for Mrs Lith -- she gets to go with me to the bar that housed the Chicago Jet Fans for burgers and beers before the concert.

What did you think of the show?

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

What did you think of the show?

We really enjoyed it.  For a guy who in his 70s, he still has the stamina to launch from one song to the next with little to no breaks.  Sounds good and the band is tremendous.  He played a little too much of his new stuff for my liking in the first half of the concert, but the second half made up for the slow start.  He still puts on a great show, and he has a lot more natural energy than some of the other classic rockers I have seen in recent years. 

HIs voice has held up well and he did not seem like an older guy trying to act young.  I have seen cringeworthy stuff like 75-year-old Rod Stewart prancing around in leggings singing Do Ya Think I'm Sexy or Steven Tyler flirting with girls young enough to be his granddaughter. 

Bruce at 73 came across as an energetic guy who still loves performing after all these years.  For someone who hated him when I was younger, I have come around.  It only took 50 years.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...