bruce tickets

read the thread about the bruce tickets being like 5k grand each.   i am going next week in barclays center.

i bought about a month ago on seatgeek.    nowhere near 5k.

i got section 9, row 8 for $360 each all in (60 bucks was fees).

it doesn't say blocked seats or anything.   has anyone seen shows there - is there something wrong with my section?

6 hours ago, batman10023 said:

read the thread about the bruce tickets being like 5k grand each.   i am going next week in barclays center.

it doesn't say blocked seats or anything.   has anyone seen shows there - is there something wrong with my section?

I know at MetLife at the end of the summer the tickets are priced pretty fairly.

11 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Enjoy my man, you know I'm a working musician and I live for music and actually survive BECAUSE of music-financially speaking but I really don't think I'll ever go to another concert again.

not go due to cost?

artists have lots the CD income stream and need to make money touring.  and they decided to start pricing tickets to cut out the middle man and do market value pricing.   Unfortunately that has squeezed some people from going to shows.

My wife wants to go to Vegas in the fall to see U2 perform at the new Sphere.  Those tickets are going to be nutty expensive.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, batman10023 said:

No, you should be fine.  Much of the brouhaha surrounding Bruce ticket prices -- which was mainly driven by the completely mysterious and completely BS "dynamic pricing" -- was overhyped.  Some of the outrage was warranted, but ultimately I think you did well.

I got tix for one of the UBS shows in the lower tier / corner rear of stage when they went on sale for a relatively reasonable price.  And then I got 4 GA's for one of the MetLife shows, for also about what you'd expect to pay face value.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2023 at 4:19 PM, batman10023 said:

Going tonight.  Can't wait.  Might wear a Devils jersey.  ::evil:

• Upvote 1

Bruce will be playing Wrigley Field this summer and I have been monitoring tickets/.  Prices are not too bad.  Can get decent seats for $200-$300 each.  Just no reason to rush and buy tix now for an August show, so I am just waiting it out.

The one that shocked me was Queen with Adam Lambert.  They are at the United Center in the fall.  Unless they find a way to resurrect Freddie Mercury, I have no interest in Queen with some American Idol dude as vocalist, but my wife and daughter want to go -- and my wife does not like driving into Chicago.  Smaller venue than Wrigley Field, but tickets are comparable if not higher than Bruce.  I don't get it.  At least if you are going to see Springsteen, you are actually seeing Springsteen.  

And don't even ask me about Pink (or why I even looked).  She is playing Wrigley and tickets are 1.5x - 2x Bruce tickets.  Why?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Bruce will be playing Wrigley Field this summer and I have been monitoring tickets/.  Prices are not too bad.  Can get decent seats for $200-$300 each.  Just no reason to rush and buy tix now for an August show, so I am just waiting it out.

The one that shocked me was Queen with Adam Lambert.  They are at the United Center in the fall.  Unless they find a way to resurrect Freddie Mercury, I have no interest in Queen with some American Idol dude as vocalist, but my wife and daughter want to go -- and my wife does not like driving into Chicago.  Smaller venue than Wrigley Field, but tickets are comparable if not higher than Bruce.  I don't get it.  At least if you are going to see Springsteen, you are actually seeing Springsteen.  

And don't even ask me about Pink (or why I even looked).  She is playing Wrigley and tickets are 1.5x - 2x Bruce tickets.  Why?

Yeah, totally agree with your approach on the stadium shows.  Prices will come down closer to the show.  (That's basically true for every show that's not at MSG or Prudential).  

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

What did you think?

I've seen Springsteen many times and he (and the band) never fails to amaze.  Can't believe he's bringing it that hard at 73.  Was so glad to just be there and enjoy it, especially after the many months of moaning about the prices and the stagnant setlist and all the rest of it.  Great show.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I've seen Springsteen many times and he (and the band) never fails to amaze.  Can't believe he's bringing it that hard at 73.  Was so glad to just be there and enjoy it, especially after the many months of moaning about the prices and the stagnant setlist and all the rest of it.  Great show.

Awesome.  Glad you enjoyed -- and this makes me look forward to seeing him when he gets to Chicago this summer.  I have never seen him live.  Growing up. 70s/80s, I thought he was one of the most overrated, overhyped and overplayed acts.  I disliked him and could not see what others saw in him.  As I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate his music a lot more and I am really looking forward to the show. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Awesome.  Glad you enjoyed -- and this makes me look forward to seeing him when he gets to Chicago this summer.  I have never seen him live.  Growing up. 70s/80s, I thought he was one of the most overrated, overhyped and overplayed acts.  I disliked him and could not see what others saw in him.  As I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate his music a lot more and I am really looking forward to the show. 

Awesome.  I saw him at Wrigley in like 2012 and it was a terrific show.  You'll love it. 

I did not grow up in that era but I can imagine how the River/BITUSA stadium tour era theatrics could be off-putting.  But after you strip away all of that you're still left with, in my view, one of the top 5 songwriters in the history of rock music.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

It’s crazy he’s 73 and putting on an amazing show. 

what was the issue with stagnant set list?

14 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Awesome.  I saw him at Wrigley in like 2012 and it was a terrific show.  You'll love it. 

I did not grow up in that era but I can imagine how the River/BITUSA stadium tour era theatrics could be off-putting.  But after you strip away all of that you're still left with, in my view, one of the top 5 songwriters in the history of rock music.

Who else is in your top 5 songwriters of rock

On 3/29/2023 at 8:40 AM, batman10023 said:

i thought about buying them but i think MetLife is a pretty bad place to watch a concert.  Just my opinion but i rather see it in an arena.

Don’t you own a seat? (PSL?) how does that work for other events? Do you have to negotiate with the giants fan who owns the other half? Not trying to be a wise ass, just wondering how that works. 

3 hours ago, BP said:

Don’t you own a seat? (PSL?) how does that work for other events? Do you have to negotiate with the giants fan who owns the other half? Not trying to be a wise ass, just wondering how that works. 

Nope.  Doesn't mean jack sh*t for anything.  Occasionally they'll let you have access to a ticketmaster "presale".  But it has nothing to do with your seats.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 9:20 AM, Lith said:

I’m thinking about heading to Chicago for his show Lith.

• Upvote 1