Hurts signs 5 year 255 mil

6 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is insane.  Teams should stop paying these amounts and let the player go elsewhere.  Keep a developmental guy in the pipe line even if inferior and then next man up.  

You expect the Eagles to just let Hurts walk? At age 24, he was one of the best QBs in the league last year. Imagine if the Jets drafted a QB, and at age 24, he put up the season Hurts just had. You'd really be ok letting him walk? Seems far-fetched. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You expect the Eagles to just let Hurts walk? At age 24, he was one of the best QBs in the league last year. Imagine if the Jets drafted a QB, and at age 24, he put up the season Hurts just had. You'd really be ok letting him walk? Seems far-fetched. 

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

far-fetched is putting it very kindly.

This is an old man who openly complains about and downvotes penis jokes on the reg that we're talking about.

"OK Boomer" is the appropriate response to just about anything he says on JN.  

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

ok

but show me where i stated anything close to what you posted was "trash" or "basically hitler"

Huh? I made a generalized point that didn’t @ you or wasn’t in response to you, you replied, and I expanded on my initial point in response. Not sure how you took it that anyone was accusing you of anything.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

far-fetched is putting it very kindly.

I have no doubt that when/if the Jets finally hit on a FQB in the draft after decades of failure that there will be some tough guy Internet negotiating savants saying the Jets should tell him to pound sand and let him walk rather than pay him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I have no doubt that when/if the Jets finally hit on a FQB in the draft after decades of failure that there will be some tough guy Internet negotiating savants saying the Jets should tell him to pound sand and let him walk rather than pay him.

100%

what's the point of having a FQB when you have no cap space anyway?

• Haha 3

On 4/17/2023 at 8:15 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Our own ineptitude as an org pumped up Darnold's trade value.  Rhule and Joe Brady thought they could "fix" him.

The trade itself, however, made much more sense than the decision for Carolina to hand Darnold the 5th-year option.  Even if you're "all in" on Darnold, why not just wait to extend him after the season instead?  Baffling decision that got people fired.

@jgb

I don’t get the victory lap those who wanted to keep Darnold are taking after Zach proved to be one of the worst busts in NFL history. The best course of action was to trade Darnold to the desperate, stupid Panthers and not draft Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Huh? I made a generalized point that didn’t @ you or wasn’t in response to you, you replied, and I expanded on my initial point in response. Not sure how you took it that anyone was accusing you of anything.

you posted the below is response to one of my posts (in our back-and-forth discussion).  since it was tied to a direct quote of mine, i assumed it was directed at me (sorry, don't know how to do the double quote thing):

Everything is just so polarized. It’s either “the best” or “trash.”

Again, draft is better but that does mean other options are “basically Hitler.”

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

My point is that if you pay these guys this much it by default makes the rest of the roster weaker.  There has to be an amount or % beyond which it does more harm than good to exceed.  The trend to pay more and more cap % to one player will eventually make it so.        

7 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

My point is that if you pay these guys this much it by default makes the rest of the roster weaker.  There has to be an amount or % beyond which it does more harm than good to exceed.  The trend to pay more and more cap % to one player will eventually make it so.        

the cap goes up by a significant amount every year. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

you posted the below is response to one of my posts (in our back-and-forth discussion).  since it was tied to a direct quote of mine, i assumed it was directed at me (sorry, don't know how to do the double quote thing):

Everything is just so polarized. It’s either “the best” or “trash.”

Again, draft is better but that does mean other options are “basically Hitler.”

Was just making conversation and shaking my old man fist at cloud. Have a good day!

• Haha 1