My Ghost of Tom Joad Tribute Album

This along with the Nebraska work was recorded during the 2 year Corona Virus hiatus we were given as not-working musicians here in North Carolina. My son James added keyboards and some percussion stuff and even some guitar work.

• Upvote 2

When I spoke to Bruce he told me that he understands how some of his fans like "that kind of stuff" me being one of those fans. I can put this album on still and listen to it from start to finish. I always thought of Tom Joad like a book on tape or like watching a movie in my mind. Tom Joad is one of my favorite Springsteen albums and any list of mine only goes to the turn of the century with the Tracks collection, anything beyond that start a whole other category of albums I NEVER listen to

Sounds really good! Im not a huge bruce fan but I like him and I too prefer earlier albums and that goes for almost every artist.

oh wait its from 95. Ok.

soflajets you should check out keller williams amazing fun sonwriter and lyricist u might like him. Heres a somg about him having a dream about being a contestant on the price is right. Brilliant

On 5/15/2023 at 7:58 AM, SoFlaJets said:

When I spoke to Bruce he told me that he understands how some of his fans like "that kind of stuff" me being one of those fans. I can put this album on still and listen to it from start to finish. I always thought of Tom Joad like a book on tape or like watching a movie in my mind. Tom Joad is one of my favorite Springsteen albums and any list of mine only goes to the turn of the century with the Tracks collection, anything beyond that start a whole other category of albums I NEVER listen to

Saw that tour at the Capital Theater. Some interesting songs, but frankly was depressing as hell. At some point the "working man" schtick kinda became just that. Which is no small part how I stopped being a fan. Don't expect Springsteen was going to turn into DLR/Van Halen circa 1978 but the relentless downbeat act is simply too damn much. What do I know though; some people are paying thousands to fill stadiums to hear depressing songs about guys who didn't pay attention in high school and New Jersey. 

And after "41 Shots", well...leave it at that. Some working men are less than equal than others. 

• Upvote 1