Titanic tourist submersible goes missing [5-member crew presumed dead following search]

On 6/22/2023 at 4:03 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Sea level air pressure:  About 15 pounds per square inch.

Titanic depth air pressure:  About 6,000 pounds per square inch.

There's a reason more people have been to outer space than that depth of the ocean...

Just don't do it.  I don't get why anyone would.

So you admit the earth is flat?

• Haha 2

On 6/21/2023 at 7:05 AM, JiF said:

As a surfer, I've had a few near death drowning experiences.  Like full blown, life flashing before my eyes, didnt think I'd find the top of the water moments.  Like most of us nutjobs, I wouldnt mind going out like that, doing something you love but knowing their is a consequential risk.  This? This is a different beast, stuck in that sh*t?  I think my biggest fear is being buried alive and then there is this, which I never considered and omg, it's like all my fears rolled into one.  

Next time just tell @The Crusher that you don't want to sleep on his water bed. Stop being so dramatic.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Just saw this thread and I have been fascinated by this story. Crazy stuff. 250k. The other people that signed up only to be cancelled on for years. They have to feel so lucky right now.

A father and son cancelled because of safety concerns and their tickets went to the father and son who perished 

tragic stuff