Bleacher Report bias

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just because they're good players doesn't mean they're over the hill.  There seems to be this take by you and so many others that good players aren't good anymore - just because.

Pretty ironic, considering your Rodgers stance. Beckham didn’t play last year. He had 537 yards and 5 TDs two years ago. You have a problem with Douglas not outbidding the Ravens for him when most league observers think Baltimore was somewhat out of their minds with that contract. He hasn’t played since he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl. Corey Davis has, indeed, put up similar numbers the last two years -with absolute **** at QB- in fewer games. Hopkins himself must think he’s losing a step having gotten a PED violation last year. Dalvin Cook is in clear decline. 

If they do come up short in any big games, I’m sure the fingers will be pointed everywhere. We’ll all deal with that as it comes. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not that it matters - but I'm only responding to others telling me I'm wrong.  I don't initiate those points.

Things will start to change this week though - as they'll be actual things to talk about.

Bet?  We will talk about the exact same things, just with new data points to back up our arguments.

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm just trying to be realistic is all.  

My position is inline with just about everyone outside of Jets fandom.  Jets are good, Rodgers makes the better, Jets should be a playoff team - but aren't quite there with the Chiefs and Bengals of the world.

For that I'm attacked as some type of bad guy.

With that said, you are correct - it is a downer - but Jet Nation is about being honest ---- wether it's attacking a rookie QB before he's even drafted or a 40 year old declining QB.  Being a downer isn't important - it's about just being honest.

“Attacked” 🙄 

Get over yourself, Fido. Your opinion is reasonable, and I’m sure there are quite a few who agree with it. The problem is you feel the need to repeat it multiple times a day, in almost every thread… it’s exhausting.

Like it or not, you lost a lot of credibility last season when you took your ball and went home. Not a good look for a “JN Captain”, so maybe you should try reading the room before playing the role of board scold this year?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

“Attacked” 🙄 

Get over yourself, Fido. Your opinion is reasonable, and I’m sure there are quite a few who agree with it. The problem is you feel the need to repeat it multiple times a day, in almost every thread… it’s exhausting.

Like it or not, you lost a lot of credibility last season when you took your ball and went home. Not a good look for a “JN Captain”, so maybe you should try reading the room before playing the role of board scold this year?

LOL

42 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

“Attacked” 🙄 

He also whined about people repeating how bad Zach was. This is a sad nervous breakdown in slow motion.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Just because they're good players doesn't mean they're over the hill.  There seems to be this take by you and so many others that good players aren't good anymore - just because.

OBJ as last seen was playing at a high level.  Hopkins last seen was playing at a high level.   If you want to tell me OBJ or Hopkins wouldn't be a MAJOR upgrade over Corey Davis - so be it.  But I find that statement ridiculous.

And when the Jets come up short in the big games on offense this year we'll know why.

Look, the season is about to start and none of this discussion matters anymore.  I'm looking forward to seeing this team on the field.

I don't see how this isn't a top 5 defense and the O should be in the top half of the league.  Should be fun.

Are you serious? You have whined incessantly for months that older AR has "declined" with 26/12 3700 yds 65% completion numbers and then you bitch that they didn't sign a 30yo receiver for like 15 million, a guy who didn't play last year and who only had 500 yards receiving the year before. This is a laughable take. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Are you serious? You have whined incessantly for months that older AR has "declined" with 26/12 3700 yds 65% completion numbers and then you bitch that they didn't sign a 30yo receiver for like 15 million, a guy who didn't play last year and who only had 500 yards receiving the year before. This is a laughable take. 

He wants -- no, at this point I think it's clear he needs -- Zach to play and play well to save his ego on the internet messageboard known as JetNation.com. Anyone who stands between Zach and the field is on his hit list.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

And you e been saying how great it is we gave up 1st round pick, second round pick, swapped first round picks and $100mm guaranteed over two years - to sign a 40 year old, declining QB, coming uff his worst season as a pro and falling well out of the top 10.  
And calling all-pro level WR’s over the hill at 30. Who would cost $3mm more than Corey Davis.  It’s beyond comical.  

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And you e been saying how great it is we gave up 1st round pick, second round pick, swapped first round picks and $100mm guaranteed over two years - to sign a 40 year old, declining QB, coming uff his worst season as a pro and falling well out of the top 10.  
And calling all-pro level WR’s over the hill at 30. Who would cost $3mm more than Corey Davis.  It’s beyond comical.  

Comical?

Animated GIF

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's you convinced he's declining, not me. You are ignoring the finger injury on his throwing hand, kind of a big deal, and the fact that he didn't have a lot to work with. I'm saying the offense is going to look worlds better than what we have witnessed the last decade and his numbers were still very good even if they aren't MVP worthy. I'll take a top 5 QB on my team than the clown show we have witnessed the last 2 years. We got 2 first rounders in the Jamal Adams trade and No, I'm not upset in the least with what we gave up to greatly upgrade the most important position in all of sports. And yes a 30yo diva WR coming off a major injury is a huge risk and I was begging the Jets not to be stupid and sign the guy. Corey Davis will have a better year. You watch.