NFL | More on M. Leinart's Pro Day results

Smizzy

NFL | More on M. Leinart's Pro Day results

Sun, 2 Apr 2006 19:12:18 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports USC QB Matt Leinart displayed some athleticism by turning in a 37-inch vertical jump at his Pro Day Sunday, April 2. He completed 36 of 45 passes by unofficial count, with three drops by his receivers. His accuracy was good, not great, and his arm strength was adequate. It appeared, at times, that he aimed the ball a bit too much and some balls sailed on him. Leinart conceded afterwards that he probably pressed a little. "In situations like these," Leinart said, "I think you tend to overdo it. You know, you try to throw a ball too hard, and it goes high, or you try to be too fine with your passes. I think I started off too tight."

:Typotux:

I mean if any scout is going to take how he throws on his Pro day as the type of QB he is, they're complete morons. Especially seeing that Leinhart has close to a thousand passes on tape in real game situations.

Then shouldn't the same be said for Cutler's Pro Day, even though he had a good one?

THere is no elway in this draft. None of the QB's are worth the risk of a #4.

if there was an Elway in this draft he wouldn't come close to #4 and it wouldn't be an issue for the Jets. Great slam dunk QB prospects go at #1.

if there was an Elway in this draft he wouldn't come close to #4 and it wouldn't be an issue for the Jets. Great slam dunk QB prospects go at #1.

How in the world did Alex Smith go #1 overall last year? Leinart last year was a slam dunk at one though.

How in the world did Alex Smith go #1 overall last year? Leinart last year was a slam dunk at one though.

Leinart needed surgery which is why he didn't declare. everyone assumes Alex Smith is a bust after 1 rough year, the right thing to do is wait and see.

If the jets are smart they take cutler who has the arm strength to play in the meadowlands. It`s nice leinhart threw the ball 65yards to bush but the ball also took forever to get there and in the winds of the meadowlands that ball winds up in the 4th row!

Last year's draft was crap compared to this years. There were fewer players that got 1st round grades than there were 1st round picks last year. This year,"1st round talent" will go several picks into the 2nd round.

Archived