Playing football may increase risk of Parkinson’s disease, study suggests

Gramsci

On 8/16/2023 at 3:58 AM, Gramsci said:
CNN — 

Playing football might increase the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease, new findings from the Boston University CTE Center suggest.

Using data from a large online survey sponsored by the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, researchers found that participants who had a history of playing organized tackle football were 61% more likely to report a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis or parkinsonism, an umbrella term for symptoms like tremors and rigidity that cause movement problems, compared with those who played other organized sports.

The report, published in the medical journal JAMA Network Open, also found that participants who played football at higher levels — professionally or in college — were nearly three times as likely to have Parkinson’s or parkinsonism compared with those who played at the youth or high school levels.

“This is one more piece of evidence adding to the growing amount of evidence that repetitive brain trauma has long-term consequences,” said neuroscientist Julie Stamm, a clinical assistant professor of kinesiology at the University of Wisconsin Madison, who was not involved in the study.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/11/health/parkinsons-football-risk/index.html

I would never let a child of mine at this sport. The numbers suggested by the researchers are pretty scary and the league will have to find solutions to address this. 

Bullsh*t most likely cause from fluoride in your toothpaste and drinking water.  Aluminum in your deodorant.   Not to mention spraying of chemtrails/ geoengineering - aluminum + barium in the skies.   Too many people just blindly trust without doing their own  research,  wake up .  
Your tv tells you can fly , how many on here would actually jump .( half way down you realize they lied).

next time you go grocery look how many of the food products say contains bioengineered food ingredient.    You think that’s good for you .  

https://bebrainfit.com/fluoride-neurotoxin/

• Post of the Week 1

I don’t see where this is any surprise.  Anything that bounces the brain around can’t be good.  But the flip side is just what activities cause this. Sure football is high on the list but so are soccer, boxing, hockey, basketball…..My guess is even running can cause the brain to be bounced around.  My point is it’s all about degrees and frequency otherwise we’ll have a neat little growth industry for the trial lawyers and doctors.

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Bullsh*t most likely cause from fluoride in your toothpaste and drinking water.  Aluminum in your deodorant.   Not to mention spraying of chemtrails/ geoengineering - aluminum + barium in the skies.   Too many people just blindly trust without doing their own  research,  wake up .  
Your tv tells you can fly , how many on here would actually jump .( half way down you realize they lied).

next time you go grocery look how many of the food products say contains bioengineered food ingredient.    You think that’s good for you .  

I don’t disagree with those things, but its also painfully obvious that too many head hits aren’t good for you either.  

• 5 months later...
On 8/17/2023 at 8:22 AM, Raideraholic said:

This