Well This Makes A Lot Of Sense

GREENSMACKS

Broncos | L. White has dinner with team

Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:34:29 -0700

Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports USC RB LenDale White had dinner with the Denver Broncos Saturday, April 2.

just what the tank ass needs more food and a reason not to run. they either want him to ballon so his stock goes down and they draft him or they are just dumb. i can imagine the bill

Okay, so let me get this straight

LenDale White had one too many pizza pies this off season and now we're supposed to forget, or pretend, or a little bit of both, that he was never a DOMINANT PLAYER on the field, on Gameday?

Now I follow the off season workouts as close as the next guy, actually closer than most, and I understand the importance of that element in the evaluation process ... been studying the draft for eons ... but when exactly did ACTUAL PERFORMANCE stop counting for anything at all?

I mean this is nutty ... folks talkin about removing LenDale from their board because he didn't run the forty and put on ten pounds in the off season, despite a DOMINANT SEASON in 2005 ... Just plain nutty

But hey, I Guess I missed the memo

Yeah okay, you remove LenDale White from your board ... as for me, I'd be looking to steal him at 29 or 35 if enough teams follow that sage advice

People need to get real ... take a deep breath and use your noodles ... the kid is not a criminal or a thug, he wasn't arrested for indecent exposure or smokin crack, he's simply a big kid who ate too much, put on some excess weight, and chose not to run a forty {and maybe his hamstring really is sore, ever consider that possibility?} ... but he's still the same guy who was kickin @$$ and takin names on a weekly basis at USC

Okay, so let me get this straight

LenDale White had one too many pizza pies this off season and now we're supposed to forget, or pretend, or a little bit of both, that he was never a DOMINANT PLAYER on the field, on Gameday?

Now I follow the off season workouts as close as the next guy, actually closer than most, and I understand the importance of that element in the evaluation process ... been studying the draft for eons ... but when exactly did ACTUAL PERFORMANCE stop counting for anything at all?

I mean this is nutty ... folks talkin about removing LenDale from their board because he didn't run the forty and put on ten pounds in the off season, despite a DOMINANT SEASON in 2005 ... Just plain nutty

But hey, I Guess I missed the memo

Yeah okay, you remove LenDale White from your board ... as for me, I'd be looking to steal him at 29 or 35 if enough teams follow that sage advice

People need to get real ... take a deep breath and use your noodles ... the kid is not a criminal or a thug, he wasn't arrested for indecent exposure or smokin crack, he's simply a big kid who ate too much, put on some excess weight, and chose not to run a forty {and maybe his hamstring really is sore, ever consider that possibility?} ... but he's still the same guy who was kickin @$$ and takin names on a weekly basis at USC

I think you're right Ham, but the others have a very valid point as well. I have to question the work ethic of anyone who is staring down at the possibility of making millions so long as they stay in shape and work their butt off for 3 months, yet choose to be lazy and gain ten pounds. He came in getting hyped up to possibly be the 2nd RB drafted behind Bush and now he might end up being the 4th or 5th, no one's fault but his own.

White weighed in at 244 pounds, up six pounds from the doughy 238 pounds he displayed at the NFL scouting combine in February. White also did his best not to display much by wearing a loose-fitting warm-up suit for the entire workout. This was after White drew audible groans from NFL scouts when he bared his chest at the combine.

As one NFL general manager said after seeing White at the combine:

Come on, Matt, he was DOMINANT in college! While splitting half the carries!

Forget about the terrible attitude! Forget about how he's 20-25 pounds overweight! DOMINANT! Just like Ron Dayne and TJ Duckett!

To be honest, the biggest caution mark I see in players coming out of college is the lazy label. Not caring enough to keep in shape. More times than not, it never dings in their head to stop relying only on natural talent and to stop being a slob.

Look at the Ron Daynes and Eddy Curry's of the world, they've had the problem their entire careers and have been around for a while now. RObertson too.

To be honest, the biggest caution mark I see in players coming out of college is the lazy label. Not caring enough to keep in shape. More times than not, it never dings in their head to stop relying only on natural talent and to stop being a slob.

Look at the Ron Daynes and Eddy Curry's of the world, they've had the problem their entire careers and have been around for a while now. RObertson too.

I agree. That is an immediate red-flag. I'll take a team full of less talented guys that bust their ass on every snap, rather than a team full of extremely talented, lazy players. Thankfully, we now have a head coach and GM that value hard work. I don't care how talented a guy is. How much can he really do when he just coasts by on talent alone?

Archived