Moulds a Texan makes for a scary WR corps

nj meadowlands

On offense they have the options of sending out:

Reggie Bush (hopefully)

Domanick Davis(has shown he has skills)

Vernand Morency(very similar to DD)

Jeb Putzier(Big pass catching TE)

Andre Johnson(BIG, fast pro bowl WR)

Eric Moulds(4 time pro bowler, EXCELLENT #2)

Jerome Mathis(Pro Bowl KR, fastest player @ combine last year)

Kevin Walter(From Cincy, another 6'3 WR with great hands, hard worker)

David Carr(showed 2 years ago he could make plays, this year and next will be huge for him with these weapons)

With the few moves they made on the OL they have improved it alot...the weak link was always the interior of the line...C especially....now they have

LT- Pitts, good LT for the scheme...and has played well when given time there

LG- McKinney...played well for the Colts before he came to Houston as an LG...struggled at C...should be much better at LG

C- Flanagan- Pro Bowl center...have Hogdon to groom under him

RG- Fred Weary/Zack Weigart(athletic guys for the ZB scheme)

RT- Seth Wand/Zack Weigart/Todd Wade...all have pros and cons..should be a good training camp battle....

They may beed to draft a couple later round guys for depth and future but I see them being greatly improved this year...

Too bad David Carr is still the qb. He is so overrated. I know he has no line but even considering that I still have never been impressed by him. He hasn't been nearly as bad as Harrington but I wouldn't even consider him a top 20 qb. This for a #1 pick.

Texans should have cut Carr, saved the 8 Mil in bonus money, and drafted Leinart.

On offense they have the options of sending out:

Reggie Bush (hopefully)

Domanick Davis(has shown he has skills)

Vernand Morency(very similar to DD)

Jeb Putzier(Big pass catching TE)

Andre Johnson(BIG, fast pro bowl WR)

Eric Moulds(4 time pro bowler, EXCELLENT #2)

Jerome Mathis(Pro Bowl KR, fastest player @ combine last year)

Kevin Walter(From Cincy, another 6'3 WR with great hands, hard worker)

David Carr(showed 2 years ago he could make plays, this year and next will be huge for him with these weapons)

With the few moves they made on the OL they have improved it alot...the weak link was always the interior of the line...C especially....now they have

LT- Pitts, good LT for the scheme...and has played well when given time there

LG- McKinney...played well for the Colts before he came to Houston as an LG...struggled at C...should be much better at LG

C- Flanagan- Pro Bowl center...have Hogdon to groom under him

RG- Fred Weary/Zack Weigart(athletic guys for the ZB scheme)

RT- Seth Wand/Zack Weigart/Todd Wade...all have pros and cons..should be a good training camp battle....

They may beed to draft a couple later round guys for depth and future but I see them being greatly improved this year...

sounds like the texans have a solid veteran offensive line. One question, do they get locked in a basement on sundays because all I've seen is consistently horrendous blocking and Mr. Carr can back me up on that one.

sounds like the texans have a solid veteran offensive line. One question, do they get locked in a basement on sundays because all I've seen is consistently horrendous blocking and Mr. Carr can back me up on that one.

I have to admit that in the past the blocking has bene worse than horrendous...but Mike Sherman has been hired on as Assistant Head Coach/Offense....he will be dealing with the line(most likely pass protection) and Kubiak will install his zone blocking scheme for the run...the Texans never had a leader on the OL and now they do with Flanagan...They instantly upgraded 2 position with the 1 signing...

As to David Carr being overated...2 years ago he was having a great year behind the same OL, this past season there was 0 protection and the offense was soooooo dumbed down

I have to admit that in the past the blocking has bene worse than horrendous...but Mike Sherman has been hired on as Assistant Head Coach/Offense....he will be dealing with the line(most likely pass protection) and Kubiak will install his zone blocking scheme for the run...the Texans never had a leader on the OL and now they do with Flanagan...They instantly upgraded 2 position with the 1 signing...

As to David Carr being overated...2 years ago he was having a great year behind the same OL, this past season there was 0 protection and the offense was soooooo dumbed down

I don't think Carr is overated, in fact I was hoping you guys would let him walk so we could scoop him up. Your oline was bad last year, so bad they made the jets oline look almost average.;)

Archived