TANKATHON Updates

Rhg1084

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

If nothing changes with this team, I think top 5 is a real possibility. 

That would probably mean losing out, which would probably be the worst Jets season in recent memory.  Even worse than the 2020-21 season.  At least then we went in expecting to suck.  

33 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Nah I think a bunch of those teams ahead will win some. More then the Jets.

Yeah I think any team with 2 wins is probably out of reach.  For us to pass ALL of those 3 win teams though, which is what we'd need to get to 5th overall, it would most likely require us losing the rest of the way.  I think if we win 1 game we'll probably end up in the 7 or 8 range.  If we do finish 5th though, we'd be fools to not at least consider moving up for one of the big QBs.  You never know when you'll get another opportunity like this, and Williams and Maye are both far cries from the "late-riser" that was Zach.  Maybe one will be another Darnold, but even then I think we'd still be in much better shape than we are with Zach.  I highly doubt either of them bust though.

Worst part about having Rodgers though is that we would NEVER move up for a kid like this.  No way do you trade what it would take to get a kid like this just to staple him to the bench for at least one, maybe two years while Rodgers is here.  Unless we decide to move on from Rodgers, which I'd be shocked if we did.  Considering we gave up two 2nds, JD would never move on from him without at least seeing him play a few games for us.  Trading that just to cut the dude and then trade a bunch more assets for a Caleb or Maye would sting, even if it would be the right call IMO.  

The next week will determine how the season ends.

If we win one of the next two the we have some life and I believe will have confidence to keep preparing in practice and fighting.

If we lose the next two, dudes will be sleeping in practice and planning offseason vacations and I’m not sure we win another game, maybe one…ultimately ending up with 4 or 5 wins and a top 5-10 pick.

Last year six teams had five wins or less. Jets have eight games left, I imagine one win or less the rest of the way costs some folks their jobs. 

Barring a comeback to be a playoff team, hopefully the Jets can land somewhere that keeps them in the second tier of offensive prospects.

4 hours ago, derp said:

Last year six teams had five wins or less. Jets have eight games left, I imagine one win or less the rest of the way costs some folks their jobs. 

Barring a comeback to be a playoff team, hopefully the Jets can land somewhere that keeps them in the second tier of offensive prospects.

I think we’ll up picking around 10 which given the slew of QBs in this year’s draft could land us a stud OT or WR

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Our games against Atlanta, Washington, and New England will be big deciders in the Tankathon. If we lose those 3 then I think we are ending up with a top 5 PICK.

Not sure it matters all that much, b/c they’re not getting caleb or maye and there’s a drop off of qbs after that anyway.  So whether the jets are picking 5 or 10, i would imagine the approach is the same, which is see what they could get if they traded back.  Maybe if they’re at 5 and there’s a slam dunk LT prospect i think they’d jump on that and be done with that.  But there are some nice qb prospects on day 2 and getting an extra pick would really help.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not sure it matters all that much, b/c they’re not getting caleb or maye and there’s a drop off of qbs after that anyway.  So whether the jets are picking 5 or 10, i would imagine the approach is the same, which is see what they could get if they traded back.  Maybe if they’re at 5 and there’s a slam dunk LT prospect i think they’d jump on that and be done with that.  But there are some nice qb prospects on day 2 and getting an extra pick would really help.

Hopefully we can make some key signings in free agency to bolster the OL, allowing us the ability to trade down (if it works out that way of course).

Grabbing a LT in the middle-end of the 1st and getting a 2nd rounder would be ideal.