TANKATHON Updates

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

F that's a tough choice 

Harrison looks generational 

I’m with you. Think you go with the best player and they can build an elite passing game through Harrison and Wilson. Harrison > Fashanu is close but if Williams and Maye are gone I’m going one of those two and taking a senior QB later.

• Upvote 1

Having Zach as our QB1 should put us at the very bottom of the 1-2 teams.  Let's see how things play out.  It really all depends on how JD views this season.  If it's "retool" and we end up seeing a lot of Trevor Siemien, yeah we'll probably be at or near the top-5.  If JD feels like his job might actually be on the line here, then you'd assume he's going to make a move and pay assets for a guy like Cousins.  That obviously bumps us up to the wild-card tier.  

All I know is, that 1st rounder has to be a QB.  Whether we stay put and take one, trade up for one, or move down.  It's head and shoulders above any other need we have, even with Rodgers coming back.  

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The athletic has the Jets projected to be picking 3 overall 

And a 4 percent chance of playoffs

It was 23 percent before the pats game 

The sad part is when the Packers get our 35 pick that's basically a late Rd 1

Not to be argumentative.  I always consider a late first an early round 2.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, derp said:

I’m with you. Think you go with the best player and they can build an elite passing game through Harrison and Wilson. Harrison > Fashanu is close but if Williams and Maye are gone I’m going one of those two and taking a senior QB later.

For the record I really like Michael penix and all the potential his last name brings for ny post headlines 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

while it's easy to see a team like the jets draft a qb b/c they only have an injured 40 yr old at the position, some of these guys are going to be taken by other teams that took a qb recently.  and you're going to have teams like the giants wondering why they paid jones a fortune.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

while it's easy to see a team like the jets draft a qb b/c they only have an injured 40 yr old at the position, some of these guys are going to be taken by other teams that took a qb recently.  and you're going to have teams like the giants wondering why they paid jones a fortune.

No worries we’ll be picking top 3. We can get one of these guys 

• Upvote 1