Lions want to move up for Mario Williams

Lions | Moving up in the draft for M. Williams?

Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:49:46 -0700

Bill Emkow, of mLive.com,, reports the Detroit Lions might consider moving up in the NFL Draft to take North Carolina State DL Mario Williams, according to a report in Pro Football Weekly. Detroit holds the No. 9 overall pick in the draft, but Williams is expected to be gone by that time. According to team observers, Lions team president Matt Millen has told acquaintances that Williams is the kind of player the Lions want to build around.

Interesting.

Any thoughts on what we could get from Detroit aside from their 9th overall pick? Maybe their 2nd rounder? Tha'd be a nice deal.

Chart-wise, their 2nd would be fair compensation. Who knows, maybe we do it & take Cutler at #9. It would have to be a draft-day move if Mario is there. Then again, if Leinart is there who knows what kind of offer we'll get.

I hate that chart. Going from 4 to 2 costs us what, the 4, the 29th and a third? And going from 9 to 4 is only worth a 9 and a mid-second? They better give us more than that, screw the chart.

I hate that chart. Going from 4 to 2 costs us what, the 4, the 29th and a third? And going from 9 to 4 is only worth a 9 and a mid-second? They better give us more than that, screw the chart.

You get no argument from me.

From 4 to 3 is a 400 point differential

From 5 to 4 is a 100 point differential

From 8 to 7 is a 100 point differential

Likewise,

From 9 to 8 is a 50 point differential

From 21 to 20 is a 50 point differential

In other drafts, where there are a few top prospects and then "everybody else" it doesn't seem as out-of-whack with reality. But in this year's draft, there shouldn't be such a difference. That's really where the flaw is; the draft chart is the same regardless of the talent entering.

I'll sign up with ya.. JC @ @9, McNeil @ 29 and Mangold @ 35 If Teague comes our way then maybe Kiwanuka @ 35 #40 maybe a RB or a quick Wide out..

Yeah, Cutler at 9 is ideal. If anyone complains about Cutler at 4, they really shouldn't mind taking him at 9.

I can see this trade happening on draft day, only if Mario is there at 4.

Interesting.

Any thoughts on what we could get from Detroit aside from their 9th overall pick? Maybe their 2nd rounder? Tha'd be a nice deal.

Millen is the worst gm in the nfl and that's saying something. Let's milk this loser for everything he's got.

The only 2 players Id spend the #4 pick on are Mario Williams & D'brick

If both guys are gone then trade down and stockpile extra picks. Every other player at 4 (Minus Bush,leinart.. besides SM & D'brick) are a gamble, more so than the rest.

The only 2 players Id spend the #4 pick on are Mario Williams & D'brick

If both guys are gone then trade down and stockpile extra picks. Every other player at 4 (Minus Bush,leinart) are a gamble, more so than the rest.

I agree if Mario Williams is there at 4 and Leinart is not then we trade the pick for their 1st and 2nd.

I agree if Mario Williams is there at 4 and Leinart is not then we trade the pick for their 1st and 2nd.

If Mario is there at 4 you take him and laugh all the way to the podium.

The kid can rush the passer and he is awesome against the run. If we trade our pick with Super mario on the board it will be a mistake.

If Mario is there at 4 you take him and laugh all the way to the podium.

The kid can rush the passer and he is awesome against the run. If we trade our pick with Super mario on the board it will be a mistake.

I would love Mario at 4 hes just great but I also would like to make that trade. But whatever its a win win situation. DBrick could fall to 9 if were lucky.

I would love Mario at 4 hes just great but I also would like to make that trade. But whatever its a win win situation. DBrick could fall to 9 if were lucky.

There is as high a chance of Reggie Bush falling to four as there is Brick dropping to 9.

I guess it would depend on what they were offering. D'brick will not fall to #9.

Archived