2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

Two fluke goals...

I think it was a mistake not to have rempe in the lineup.  They knew Florida would be physical, and the 5 min rempe is on the ice could have made the difference.

• Upvote 1

Disappointing start to the ECF. The Rangers are going to have play some dump and chase hockey and grind, grind, grind.

I know alot of people are calling for Rempe and I think that is the way they will go but I would seriously give some consideration to putting Wheeler back in there. Dude is 6'5" and would probably be in there for alot more than the 4 minutes that Rempe would be in there.

I thought defensively the Rangers were fine. Just got to come up with a way to deal with Florida clogging the middle and their ferocious forechecking. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:18 AM, shawn306 said:

I know alot of people are calling for Rempe and I think that is the way they will go but I would seriously give some consideration to putting Wheeler back in there. Dude is 6'5" and would probably be in there for alot more than the 4 minutes that Rempe would be in there.

Maybe a little of both.

I wouldn't write the Rangers off if they lose tonight, but things will become really tough if they do lose. The first game was really bad. I hated everything about the way they played. And once again, Panarin needs to be a factor. He's been invisible like he usually is during the postseason. Alex Rodriguez 2.0.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

In a game where we need more offense, is Rempe really the answer?

They need an answer for the physicality.

Rempe is their best option there, or maybe Wheeler.

For offense, they can sit someone else and dress Chytil, Wheeler or Brodzinski.

Plus nobody gets the Garden going like Rempe does, nobody.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TBJ said:

We just seem so flat the last few games... it doesn't feel like Rangers hockey.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TBJ said:

18-2-1 speaks for itself. This was not the series to work in a concussed player who’s played one game since November.

• Upvote 1

When you play the type of offense like the Rangers do, you pressure them relentlessly. Don’t give them that extra second to survey. I mean this has been the recipe literally since ECF in 2015 against Tampa.

My guess right now is Rempe is in there tonight. I don’t think you will see him in Florida since the Panthers have the last change.

This series is going to be a grind and the team that wins is going to be the ones that adjust as the series progresses.

• Upvote 1

Anyone that thinks Rempe is the magical answer is fooling themselves. He's a kid and he ain't great with the puck. He's just as likely to flatten someone as he is to take a 5-minute major.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

We just seem so flat the last few games... it doesn't feel like Rangers hockey.

You have to give the other teams credit, they are both great teams. The Ranges could not get much going, but they had chances to win the game, they just didn't execute.

The same could be said about game 4 in Carolina.

Florida's goals were nor world beaters, they were both good puck luck. One off Fox, the other off Lafy.

2 minutes ago, TBJ said:

You have to give the other teams credit, they are both great teams. The Ranges could not get much going, but they had chances to win the game, they just didn't execute.

The same could be said about game 4 in Carolina.

Florida's goals were nor world beaters, they were both good puck luck. One off Fox, the other off Lafy.

The first goal was just atrocious. I love Igor but all word goalies doesn't let those in. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The first goal was just atrocious. I love Igor but all word goalies doesn't let those in. 

It happens. It was a good shot through a screen that ticked off Fox's stick.

That's typically how you beat all world goalies.

12 minutes ago, hawk said:

Initial contact was the shoulder to his head, regardless of any additional contact.

If Rempe did that it would be 5 minutes and a 3-5 game suspension.

15 minutes ago, hawk said:

I don't even know what to think about the Goodrow "penalty".

Florida showed up the last half of the period.  

Gonna be a fun series.

Replace "fun" with "short" and that's how I see it going. Rangers are outmatched.

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Replace "fun" with "short" and that's how I see it going. Rangers are outmatched.

I do believe the Panthers are the better all around team.  I don't feel there is enough separation for there not to be an outcome rangers can take the series 

3 hours ago, hawk said:

Anyone see how trocheck got on the ground after the goal?

Did he taunt someone, or just Bush league because he scored?