Kansas State OL Cooper Beebe

AFJF

If there's one thing we've learned from this season is that not only do the Jets need reinforcements on the O-line, but they really should be seeking out guys who can play multiple spots at a high level.  Beebe give you a guy with pro bowl potential at guard who can also play tackle in a pinch.  Rock solid in pass pro and can move down the field a lot better than most guys his size.

I think Barton would be that guy for me, if we're talking round 1.  I doubt Beebe lasts until the 3rd, so perhaps if we drop back from the 1st into the 2nd he'd be a target for me.

I think I'm still leaning WR round 1, and then with our 3, 4a, 4b I go some combo of LB, QB, OG.  If there is a DT there that excels against the run and is too good to pass up, take him and look to either take an OG later or bring in an UDFA.  I'd rather just sign a vet RT or RG for like $8-10M to come in and compete with Mitchell, or slot in at RG and bounce AVT to RT.  WR2 is such a massive need and this is an elite WR class, especially in the 1st round.  

But as far as OP goes, I definitely do like Beebe but I guess I don't really have an interest in taking an OL early unless we can add another pick or two.  

12 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I think Barton would be that guy for me, if we're talking round 1.  I doubt Beebe lasts until the 3rd, so perhaps if we drop back from the 1st into the 2nd he'd be a target for me.

I think I'm still leaning WR round 1, and then with our 3, 4a, 4b I go some combo of LB, QB, OG.  If there is a DT there that excels against the run and is too good to pass up, take him and look to either take an OG later or bring in an UDFA.  I'd rather just sign a vet RT or RG for like $8-10M to come in and compete with Mitchell, or slot in at RG and bounce AVT to RT.  WR2 is such a massive need and this is an elite WR class, especially in the 1st round.  

But as far as OP goes, I definitely do like Beebe but I guess I don't really have an interest in taking an OL early unless we can add another pick or two.  

I was all in on WR in round 1 and OL after that up until a couple of weeks ago.  As these injuries keep mounting and mounting it has swayed my opinion a bit.  Would honestly be happy with either approach.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

WR vs OL: It's hard to decide which is the bigger need.  I think OL probably is but we desperately need at least another good WR.  In truth, we probably need 2 more good WRs plus a 3rd guy who is decent and can contribute.  

You could probably make that work by signing a guy like Boyd, drafting OL round 1 with Fuaga/Barton/Mims(not big on drafting another injury prone guy), and then look to take a WR in the 4th like McConkey.  Only thing that concerns me about this approach though is Boyd will get PAID, and Garrett is due to start making big money in a few years.  Lazard will be gone or cuttable by the time that happens, but Boyd might not be.  Having two $20M WRs is a pretty difficult thing to make work.  

I'd still lean towards FA RT/RG and taking Nabers/Odunze/Legette round 1.  Hell I would probably lean towards taking a QB over OL in the 1st.  

On 11/11/2023 at 7:53 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

WR vs OL: It's hard to decide which is the bigger need.  I think OL probably is but we desperately need at least another good WR.  In truth, we probably need 2 more good WRs plus a 3rd guy who is decent and can contribute.  

Probably need three OL heading into this offseason too.

Traditional team building wise I think you’d go OL first with Wilson in place. But this is a win now team with a ton of holes. I think one high end WR moves the needle more than one high end OL. 

The OL needs competence more than anything.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Probably need three OL heading into this offseason too.

Traditional team building wise I think you’d go OL first with Wilson in place. But this is a win now team with a ton of holes. I think one high end WR moves the needle more than one high end OL. 

The OL needs competence more than anything.

Even though we won't, if we had a shot at Marvin Harrison Jr vs the top OL (I forget the guy's name but someone said he's an outstanding prospect), I think we'd have to go for Marvin Harrison Jr.  Like you said, the OL needs competence more than anything else.

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even though we won't, if we had a shot at Marvin Harrison Jr vs the top OL (I forget the guy's name but someone said he's an outstanding prospect), I think we'd have to go for Marvin Harrison Jr.  Like you said, the OL needs competence more than anything else.

Olu Fashanu is the tackle - Harrison is the best position player in the draft and probably the best prospect if you remove the positional value of QB (which is only a theoretical exercise). He’s awesome, totally agree he would be a no brainer, hasn’t been a WR prospect like him in probably over a decade. I have a feeling late season when the team is picking like 8th and a couple of losses away from being in position to add someone like Harrison some will lament some of those early season comebacks.

I kind of think the argument holds with WR/tackle as you go down later in the first too. It’s an awesome WR class, and I think a running mate for Garrett Wilson plus Breece Hall gives the offense enough guys who can make a play on their own that it’s dangerous if the OL can just tread water and Rodgers coming back cleans that up a little. Stuff like the Tomlinson signing busting was really crushing. They need answers at tackle too I just don’t think one tackle really moves the needle.

This team has too many holes, not enough assets, and is kind of in this weird pseudo win now area. The rebuild should start now but it’ll start a year late and get messy. Kind of feels like the second to last year of Maccagnan only there will be more good players left over so it’s not complete smoke and mirrors.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, derp said:

Olu Fashanu is the tackle - Harrison is the best position player in the draft and probably the best prospect if you remove the positional value of QB (which is only a theoretical exercise). He’s awesome, totally agree he would be a no brainer, hasn’t been a WR prospect like him in probably over a decade. I have a feeling late season when the team is picking like 8th and a couple of losses away from being in position to add someone like Harrison some will lament some of those early season comebacks.

I kind of think the argument holds with WR/tackle as you go down later in the first too. It’s an awesome WR class, and I think a running mate for Garrett Wilson plus Breece Hall gives the offense enough guys who can make a play on their own that it’s dangerous if the OL can just tread water and Rodgers coming back cleans that up a little. Stuff like the Tomlinson signing busting was really crushing. They need answers at tackle too I just don’t think one tackle really moves the needle.

This team has too many holes, not enough assets, and is kind of in this weird pseudo win now area. The rebuild should start now but it’ll start a year late and get messy. Kind of feels like the second to last year of Maccagnan only there will be more good players left over so it’s not complete smoke and mirrors.

Is Drake Maye your profile pic?  Where do you stand on Maye vs Caleb?  From the little I've seen, I'd prefer Maye right now.

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is Drake Maye your profile pic?  Where do you stand on Maye vs Caleb?  From the little I've seen, I'd prefer Maye right now.

Yeah, I like doing draft prospects I hope the Jets would not be looking to draft, so I did Maye post Rodgers trade. They’re both outstanding prospects, I think Williams is a little bored right now, but the tendency for turnovers worries me so I’d lean Maye as well.

I'm leaning even more WR after last night than I was before.  The OL, even without AVT and Brown(or at least what we were expecting Brown to be this year), was more than fine last night against a team with a pretty good pass rush, including arguably the best in the game.  Max Mitchell looked pretty damn good against Crosby.  Not to say we don't need some depth - I would absolutely upgrade Turner, Schweitzer, maybe look to bring in a kid in the 4th to develop to replace Tomlinson in 2025.  The lack of weapons is a real problem.  Sign a solid veteran OT to compete with Mitchell, maybe somewhere in the $8-10M range.  Draft your depth OG.  Try to find a solid cheap option on the FA market to replace Schweitzer.  Draft Nabers, in a perfect world.  He would be my guy between anyone after Marvin Harrison Jr. - including Coleman and Odunze.  

I think a lot of this is going to depend on who we sign in free agency?

If we sign a Tee Higgins or Mike Evans then I can almost guarantee we are looking at OT in the 1st or vice versa if we sign OT in free agency then I see us going WR in the 1st.

It is win now and a small 2 year window with Rodgers so they really need to use free agency and the draft to fill holes on offense asap.

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think a lot of this is going to depend on who we sign in free agency?

If we sign a Tee Higgins or Mike Evans then I can almost guarantee we are looking at OT in the 1st or vice versa if we sign OT in free agency then I see us going WR in the 1st.

It is win now and a small 2 year window with Rodgers so they really need to use free agency and the draft to fill holes on offense asap.

Is it still a two year window?  What's Rodgers going to look like as a 41 y/o with an achilles surgery under his belt?

Next year might be it.