2024 Yankees Off-Season Thread

Barton

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Yankees were talking with Boras regarding Snell the past few days, per Heyman. Worried about a luxury tax hit, so Hal didn’t pull the trigger. Hey smart guy, you’ll make alot more money if the team starts winning championships again. That luxury tax hit would have been peanuts in comparison to the $$ you’ll make if the team wins. Fans need to boycott the stadium. Send a message. Coles elbow almost fell off and they still don’t sign Snell. You can’t make this stuff up. 

They had the 3rd highest average attendance last year and they didn't even make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

They had the 3rd highest average attendance last year and they didn't even make the playoffs.

Ya no kidding. They should stop showing up. This team has essentially a .500 record the past season and a 1/2. And they have not done enough to improve this team. This current roster isn’t gonna win anything. 

22 minutes ago, Barton said:

Ya no kidding. They should stop showing up. This team has essentially a .500 record the past season and a 1/2. And they have not done enough to improve this team. This current roster isn’t gonna win anything. 

I don't go to the games. I'm doing my part!

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:05 PM, Barton said:

I wast sure on that one haha. Note, Caleb Durbin is a 5’6 spark plug in the minors with a high obp, high batting average and 7% strike out rate. Also steals bases at a high clip. I’d start him opening day. 

Caleb Durbin's impressive stats make him a strong contender for opening day. His high OBP, batting average, and base-stealing skills shine.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Soma said:

Caleb Durbin's impressive stats make him a strong contender for opening day. His high OBP, batting average, and base-stealing skills shine.

Nope.

Yanks going with Oswald Cabrera at 3B to fill in for DJ.

hahahahahaha I effing hate this team

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 4:15 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Me too.  The jets are such a disaster and I’m so sick of watching Zach Wilson I’m actually looking forward to an 85 win Yankee team

They are 12 wins closer to those 85 wins.

On 2/29/2024 at 2:39 PM, Barton said:

Draft picks and international dollars lol. Yankees suck in both of those areas and this is a win now team. Also, they should have shedded payroll by dumping Stanton/trading gleyber. This current roster is going nowhere. Soto hitting 2nd? Lol. 

How's Soto doing batting second?

On 2/29/2024 at 5:04 PM, Barton said:

Soto is 1 of the great rbi hitters in the league. You don’t bat him 2nd, unless you have one of the best lead off hitters in baseball, which the Yankees do not have. He’s gonna have a lot of ABs in the 1st inning with nobody on base, unless DJ finds the mountain of youth. 

Oof

On 3/2/2024 at 2:57 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Well yeah it’s basically Cole and a bunch of #4 starters.  Rodon is going to make AJ Burnett look good

Pretty good so far with those #4 starters.

On 3/5/2024 at 12:01 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

The bigger issue last season was our offense being abysmal.  1/3rd of our lineup is Gio/DJ/Rizzo — all those guys are finished and Judge can’t stay healthy 

im not impressed by our starting rotation and we don’t have a real closer but if you don’t score runs you can’t score runs.  Cashman is relying on Soto to save the offense but probably too little too late

I think Soto is doing ok 😅

On 3/6/2024 at 7:21 PM, Barton said:

counting on Rodon to bounce back is laughable. Need Snell. The current rotation stinks. 

Stinks you say?

On 3/25/2024 at 9:16 PM, Barton said:

Nope.

Yanks going with Oswald Cabrera at 3B to fill in for DJ.

hahahahahaha I effing hate this team

Cabrera is doing just fine.

• 2 months later...

Anyone can steal on Trevino

Cashman doesn’t understand how this depth thing is supposed to work. 

yankees can’t beat anyone legit

Dominguez would be playing right now if he was called up a couple weeks ago when Soto had his injury scare. That oblique injury would not have happened if he was sitting on the bench waiting for either Stanton or judge to get hurt.  Instead we get Jahmai Jones at DH

Is there really any sense of urgency from Cashman/Hal to fix the holes on this team???

If DJ is not going to hit, maybe because he cant even rotate his damn foot post-injury, then why is he even playing? Let him rot in the minors until he starts raking. Gleyber shouldnt even be on the team anymore - why is he still here?

This team just continually forces HORRIBLE players to play every freakin day.

Make some big changes. Cashman doesnt want to put his neck out there in case it backfires.

1 World Series championship in the the least 20 years. How the eff is he still the GM of a team with a top 3 payroll every year??

4 hours ago, Barton said:

Is there really any sense of urgency from Cashman/Hal to fix the holes on this team???

If DJ is not going to hit, maybe because he cant even rotate his damn foot post-injury, then why is he even playing? Let him rot in the minors until he starts raking. Gleyber shouldnt even be on the team anymore - why is he still here?

This team just continually forces HORRIBLE players to play every freakin day.

Make some big changes. Cashman doesnt want to put his neck out there in case it backfires.

1 World Series championship in the the least 20 years. How the eff is he still the GM of a team with a top 3 payroll every year??

Cashman is hoping we get healthy in a couple weeks and the problems solve themselves.  Stanton should be back in 2 weeks which strengthens the bottom 2/3 of our lineup.  Gleyber is starting to hit.  When Dominguez gets off IL in 6 weeks they need to call him up enough with this nonsense about him having to play in minor league games just cuz

You are just limited in what you can do mid-season personnel wise.  And I’m not a Cashman lover I’m quite the opposite 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

15114367-9334-4DCE-9EF9-72F806CE6323.thumb.jpeg.e0650a57237a721f24015113183acb1f.jpeg

You go Phil. The silver lining with the Yanks collapse is that I know it is killing you 😅 I've seen 7 championships and baseball is last on my list of preferred sports. 

At least you have football to look forward to, right? 😅

Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

So when does Weaver become the closer?

His HR/9 is concerning and he's never had a save in his entire career. I'm not sure they want to try him out now. But man, Holmes scares the sh*t out of me. Big failure by Cashman to not get a closer at the deadline.

9 hours ago, bicketybam said:

His HR/9 is concerning and he's never had a save in his entire career. I'm not sure they want to try him out now. But man, Holmes scares the sh*t out of me. Big failure by Cashman to not get a closer at the deadline.

Brian Cashman is the dumbest GM in all of baseball. This has been the same team for the past 8 years and we still will not be able to compete in the playoffs. The Sluggers on this team can not deal with good pitching and you are going to face that in the playoffs and probably get an ACE 2 to 3 times in a 7 game series. This is a very poorly run team with a lot of money and prospects they have no idea how to use or spend. 

Cashman says he has no room for Dominguez cause Verdugo ??? are you ficking kidding me. This is a guy batting 238 and a 296 OBP Meanwhile Dominguez is a 5 tool player who can easily provide a spark to a team that has floundered in the last month and a half . This team makes me sick and I have a hard time watching them strike out at alarming rates. How in the hell is Torrez still on this team ?

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2024 at 7:59 PM, Smashmouth said:

Brian Cashman is the dumbest GM in all of baseball. This has been the same team for the past 8 years and we still will not be able to compete in the playoffs. The Sluggers on this team can not deal with good pitching and you are going to face that in the playoffs and probably get an ACE 2 to 3 times in a 7 game series. This is a very poorly run team with a lot of money and prospects they have no idea how to use or spend. 

Cashman says he has no room for Dominguez cause Verdugo ??? are you ficking kidding me. This is a guy batting 238 and a 296 OBP Meanwhile Dominguez is a 5 tool player who can easily provide a spark to a team that has floundered in the last month and a half . This team makes me sick and I have a hard time watching them strike out at alarming rates. How in the hell is Torrez still on this team ?

Wait til Dominguez is left off the playoff roster.

Btw the lack of depth in our lineup can come back to haunt us.  Even Michael Kay who is a soldier for the Steinbrenners said it tonight our lineup 4-9 doesn’t hit lefties out of the pen.  Hopefully this changes.

On 7/31/2024 at 10:14 AM, bicketybam said:

Unless Holmes dazzles as an 8th inning guy in the playoffs I have a hard time seeing him get a payday elsewhere in free agency.  The guy has been getting lit up  since the all star break and that was before and after losing the closer job.

But who knows.  I’ve seen pro athletes in all sports get enormous contracts based on one good playoff game.

• 2 weeks later...