2024 Yankees Off-Season Thread

Barton

On 2/29/2024 at 7:50 PM, Barton said:

Hal pinching his daddies pennies and doesn’t want to pay Snell due to the luxury tax penalty. This is why you get booed when you show your face at the stadium. Didn’t want to match the dodgers bid for Yamamoto etc. I’m not buying this franchise has a real sense of urgency to win. 15 years and counting. 

I miss George

21 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Like Texas last year? Was theirs elite? Their team era was 4.28.

P.S. The Diamondbacks were even worse.

Rangers got lucky my man. Teams that mediocre rarely win the whole thing. That’s the exception, not the rule. Bad strategy. And that’s not a franchise worth emulating either btw. They also didn’t win until their owner spent a billion dollars in like 2 off seasons. How much has Hal spent this off-season? Not much. Hardly anything actually.  

Hal and Cashman gonna tell Yankees fans it’s ok they passed on Snell because they have elite arms in the minors about to be promoted. Just like all the studs they developed into starting aces like Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, brackman, chance Adam, joba etc. or that Rodon will bounce back and Cortes won’t have his shoulder fall off again. If everyone stays healthy and all bounce back, we are gonna be awesome. Hell, why do we need trea turner or Corey Seager? We’re just a win now team with a window that is closing within 5 years and Anthony volpe has jeter-esque qualities. We’ll be ok, Yankees fans. I don’t know why Yankees fans aren’t happy right now and always boo me when I show up to the stadium. 🙃

Rangers got lucky my man. Teams that mediocre rarely win the whole thing. That’s the exception, not the rule. Bad strategy. And that’s not a franchise worth emulating either btw. They also didn’t win until their owner spent a billion dollars in like 2 off seasons. How much has Hal spent this off-season? Not much. Hardly anything actually.  
Diamondbacka got lucky too.

The downtrodden Jets fan thi g works becuase of their history of losing. You crying about the Yankees is absolutely hysterical.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Diamondbacka got lucky too.

The downtrodden Jets fan thi g works becuase of their history of losing. You crying about the Yankees is absolutely hysterical.

Dbacks beating the dodgers was luck. 

The bigger issue last season was our offense being abysmal.  1/3rd of our lineup is Gio/DJ/Rizzo — all those guys are finished and Judge can’t stay healthy 

im not impressed by our starting rotation and we don’t have a real closer but if you don’t score runs you can’t score runs.  Cashman is relying on Soto to save the offense but probably too little too late

On 3/2/2024 at 2:00 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

I miss George

I loved him when he screwed up the team so bad, the only way they could rebuild was to get him kicked out of the league for 3 years.

That dynasty run had nothing to do with George.

I loved him when he screwed up the team so bad, the only way they could rebuild was to get him kicked out of the league for 3 years.
That dynasty run had nothing to do with George.
This times 1000. I actually thought he was being sarcastic.
  • Upvote 1

On 2/25/2024 at 9:59 AM, Barton said:

Yankees have had Volpe retool his swing this past offseason, to make it "flatter" so he hits for a higher BA and strikes out less.

But for the previous 3+ years they had him add lift to his swing.

This is why this franchise doesnt develop hitters. 

I am just noticing this now, but isn't the case of them doing what you have been whining they should do for a full year.  Then complaining that they are doing? 

On 3/6/2024 at 4:37 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I am just noticing this now, but isn't the case of them doing what you have been whining they should do for a full year.  Then complaining that they are doing? 

Jerking guys around is not how you develop hitters. Do it this way. No, forget that. Now do it this other way. That’s a recipe for ruining talent. 

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Jerking guys around is not how you develop hitters. Do it this way. No, forget that. Now do it this other way. That’s a recipe for ruining talent. 

So you admit you will never be happy?  You didn't like the way they were handling him and then when they change from what you claimed was "ruining him" you complain that it is a mistake.  It is exactly like complaining that the O line can't succeed and anybody would be better than players at 3 of 5 positions and then complaining when those guys are replaced that you can't win without continuity.  You cannot have it both ways, my friend.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barton said:

Hal the billionaire can’t afford a 30 mill luxury tax hit to sign Snell and put this team over the top. 

There is nothing easier to do than spending other people's money!

On 3/6/2024 at 7:21 PM, Barton said:

counting on Rodon to bounce back is laughable. Need Snell. The current rotation stinks. 

Rodon's career with the Yankees is already over. He went to war with the fans and I doubt he can come back from it. He's had two good seasons, the rest of his career was unimpressive.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barton said:

For all the Yankees know, Cole could be out for the year. And once again Hal shows he’s not serious about fielding the best possible team by signing Snell. Trust fund baby. 

Last 10 years, the Yankees have been lower than #3 in MLB payroll 1 time, and that was 2018 when they were #7.

Maybe the issue is their GM, and not the owner.  Well, it is the owner, who won't fire the GM, but complaining Hal won't spend money is kind of silly considering the actual team spending.

https://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2022_payroll

• Upvote 2

They needed Snell before Coles injury. Now Cole is injured and is not a guarantee to pitch again this year……… and they still pass on Snell. Who received a peanuts contract. They will instead acquire another #3 starter type in the next week or so. This is why this team doesn’t win anymore. Instead of putting this team over the top and going for it by signing Snell, they sit on their hands. F you Hal. 

11 minutes ago, Barton said:

They needed Snell before Coles injury. Now Cole is injured and is not a guarantee to pitch again this year……… and they still pass on Snell. Who received a peanuts contract. They will instead acquire another #3 starter type in the next week or so. This is why this team doesn’t win anymore. Instead of putting this team over the top and going for it by signing Snell, they sit on their hands. F you Hal. 

Maybe Cashman can trade for Sonny Gray or Frankie Montas again

Yankees were talking with Boras regarding Snell the past few days, per Heyman. Worried about a luxury tax hit, so Hal didn’t pull the trigger. Hey smart guy, you’ll make alot more money if the team starts winning championships again. That luxury tax hit would have been peanuts in comparison to the $$ you’ll make if the team wins. Fans need to boycott the stadium. Send a message. Coles elbow almost fell off and they still don’t sign Snell. You can’t make this stuff up.