2024 Yankees Off-Season Thread

Barton

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Yankees were talking with Boras regarding Snell the past few days, per Heyman. Worried about a luxury tax hit, so Hal didn’t pull the trigger. Hey smart guy, you’ll make alot more money if the team starts winning championships again. That luxury tax hit would have been peanuts in comparison to the $$ you’ll make if the team wins. Fans need to boycott the stadium. Send a message. Coles elbow almost fell off and they still don’t sign Snell. You can’t make this stuff up. 

They had the 3rd highest average attendance last year and they didn't even make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

They had the 3rd highest average attendance last year and they didn't even make the playoffs.

Ya no kidding. They should stop showing up. This team has essentially a .500 record the past season and a 1/2. And they have not done enough to improve this team. This current roster isn’t gonna win anything. 

22 minutes ago, Barton said:

Ya no kidding. They should stop showing up. This team has essentially a .500 record the past season and a 1/2. And they have not done enough to improve this team. This current roster isn’t gonna win anything. 

I don't go to the games. I'm doing my part!

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:05 PM, Barton said:

I wast sure on that one haha. Note, Caleb Durbin is a 5’6 spark plug in the minors with a high obp, high batting average and 7% strike out rate. Also steals bases at a high clip. I’d start him opening day. 

Caleb Durbin's impressive stats make him a strong contender for opening day. His high OBP, batting average, and base-stealing skills shine.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Soma said:

Caleb Durbin's impressive stats make him a strong contender for opening day. His high OBP, batting average, and base-stealing skills shine.

Nope.

Yanks going with Oswald Cabrera at 3B to fill in for DJ.

hahahahahaha I effing hate this team

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 4:15 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Me too.  The jets are such a disaster and I’m so sick of watching Zach Wilson I’m actually looking forward to an 85 win Yankee team

They are 12 wins closer to those 85 wins.

On 2/29/2024 at 2:39 PM, Barton said:

Draft picks and international dollars lol. Yankees suck in both of those areas and this is a win now team. Also, they should have shedded payroll by dumping Stanton/trading gleyber. This current roster is going nowhere. Soto hitting 2nd? Lol. 

How's Soto doing batting second?

On 2/29/2024 at 5:04 PM, Barton said:

Soto is 1 of the great rbi hitters in the league. You don’t bat him 2nd, unless you have one of the best lead off hitters in baseball, which the Yankees do not have. He’s gonna have a lot of ABs in the 1st inning with nobody on base, unless DJ finds the mountain of youth. 

Oof

On 3/2/2024 at 2:57 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Well yeah it’s basically Cole and a bunch of #4 starters.  Rodon is going to make AJ Burnett look good

Pretty good so far with those #4 starters.

On 3/5/2024 at 12:01 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

The bigger issue last season was our offense being abysmal.  1/3rd of our lineup is Gio/DJ/Rizzo — all those guys are finished and Judge can’t stay healthy 

im not impressed by our starting rotation and we don’t have a real closer but if you don’t score runs you can’t score runs.  Cashman is relying on Soto to save the offense but probably too little too late

I think Soto is doing ok 😅

On 3/6/2024 at 7:21 PM, Barton said:

counting on Rodon to bounce back is laughable. Need Snell. The current rotation stinks. 

Stinks you say?

On 3/25/2024 at 9:16 PM, Barton said:

Nope.

Yanks going with Oswald Cabrera at 3B to fill in for DJ.

hahahahahaha I effing hate this team

Cabrera is doing just fine.