OMG my ac guy almost died in my garage today

HighPitch

So im in the garage looking for a tool and he comes out of my house into the garage. He is shaking his head like something is really wrong. I says “oh no whats it going to cost now???” And he replies, “I dont feel good”

so he sits in front of my golf cart project and i offer water which he accepts. I go i to the house for a sec and return with water. When i open the door he is now slumped in front of the cart on the floor clutching his chest and breathing hard. I says, “ dude! You dont look too good imma call for an ambulance what u think?” He replies “ call”

So I call. Then I tell him help is on the way and he is pretty much clutching his chest and cant speak and taking super long breaths. Then he starts sweating like crazy. Im freaking t f out. I picked up his head and put a pillow underneath and give him nonsensical verbal encouragement like “dont worry dude you pay your taxes let these ambulance ****ers help you out. Well be having a beer and laughing in wednesday about this…”

Meanwhile i dont even know his name.

So the ambulance comes. They ripped his short open like on 1 adam 12  and start to shock him right there on my dirty garage floor. Right next to my golf cart. 

They put him on a stretcher and off he goes. The other guy went back to take his shock machi g and i asked him wtf how is he and he goes “ Hes in really really bad shape. If you waited 15 more minutes to call hed be dead”

Damn guys life is short i was so pissed off about the bill but now im like stunned and do t care about anything 

• Sympathy 2

On 11/28/2023 at 9:59 PM, HighPitch said:

Update: alfred is in icu. He had a “widowmaker”, a 90% blockage in his aorta. He is ok but worried about his cat. They also found a 9mm mass in his lung. He told the boss he needs to come finish my job. The hospital will be throwing him out in 48 hrs

how are you handling the florida weather without an A/C?

Sounds like they cardioverted him. What FD? Good on them for getting pads on him so quickly. 

OK, Public Service Announcement:

TAKE a CPR class!! Everyone of you! Early recognition saves lives! Just giving that guy a chewable aspirin while waiting for Medics to arrive would have done a lot. Seriously. Glad he made it, but please, ESPECIALLY if you have kids... TAKE A CPR CLASS!!

• Upvote 1