What players should not be on this team next year?

Beerfish

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How do people keep talk about trading Huff?  Huff and Bryce Hall are both unrestricted free agents when the new league year starts.  They are no longer assets.  They would potentially fit into the comp pick formula which should net us some picks in 2025 (for a welcome change).

Bryce Hall is gone, gone, gone.  He will be a better player on another team.

Bryce Huff would need to be tagged.  I can see that coming. 

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

Bryce Hall is gone, gone, gone.  He will be a better player on another team.

Bryce Huff would need to be tagged.  I can see that coming. 

I can't see tagging a part time player.  I don't see it as even remotely likely.  A possibility sure, but not one I see as reasonable.  I think a bunch of people think Hall will be better elsewhere.  I never thought he'd be good anywhere, so good luck to him.  I hope he gets a solid deal. 

3 hours ago, Alka said:

If the Jets follow your advice, they will continue to be last in the AFC East for years to come.  You take out the garbage, and he is garbage.  If the Jets have to keep Lazard next year due to his contract, and he plays like he did this year, then he most certainly would be gone after next season, and not multiple years, like you think. In any case, he gets demoted to wide receiver #4.  The Jets must get a #2 wide receiver, as he is not yet on this team.

My advice?   You are confusing 'my advice' with the reality of the jets front office and who has sway on this team.

If I had my way he would be cut right now, not at the end of the year.

Rodgers wants him, Douglas and Saleh have no balls and hate to admit mistakes, he will be back.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, Beerfish said:

I'm sure we will have a few unanimous nods and a few more big disagreements on this topic.  Who should not be on the team and who will not be will look far different knowing our front office and coaching staff.

QB:  Obviously Zach Wilson has to be the first to go, sounds like they have already told him he is being dealt.  No way can he be back on the roster next year, not that he is much worse than other 3rd string schlock in this league but the jets could not face having to start him when Rodgers gets hurt.  

Siemian should also be gone, he is no good, Rodgers, a real #2 QB and a mid to late round developmental pick.

Oline:  Becton should not be back, not that there will be a huge line up of teams after him but I do not see us paying him on a multi year deal and he won't play on a prove it deal.  However you never know with Douglas, he hates to admit he was wrong it seems.  Some people will point to him being mostly healthy this year, say we have no tackles and want to stick him at RT or some such nonsense but the player is not good.

Thomlinson should also be gone but will be retained for all the wrong reasons.   Bad cap penalty if we dump him, actually one of the few olineman that can stay healthy, good 'team; guy 'leader' which this team values over actually being good at football.  Totally terrible player but the other reasons will keep him on the team.

TE: Uzomaoh, if he i back there is something seriously wrong with this teams brain.

WR: Allen Lazard should be gone but he for sure will be back probably for multiple years.   Runs poor routes, cant get open, suspect hands, actually gets deactivated which you have to be doing very badly for this head coach to do that.  Terrible player that will sadly prevent us from going after an upgrade.   Bad cap penalty, Douglas won't admit he blew it and Rodgers buddy being the reasons he will be back.   am sure we will hear a chorus of jets fans yelling 'But just wait till Aaron is back then he will be good!'  No he won't he was not even good his last year in Green Bay, he just got lots of targets.

Randell Cobb, sure make him an assistant coach or something if he has to be here, he can;t be seeing the field as a player.

Dline: The Jets waited a year too long re Huff, should have got him cheaper last year. Now he is going to want bank and it will be a mistake to pay him even though he is actually a good player.  We have two players occupying essentially the same spot, keep it as is and you do not get the best out of either.  I m pretty sure he will be resigned by the Jets so no fear jets fans who love the player but if it is at the cost of any offensive upgrade it is mistake.

LB:  This will stay as is, Jets love their LBs.  If it was me I'd easily move on from Mosley, if we can use his money for offense do it.  Linebackers that make a bunch of tackles behind dlines that keep them clean are the easiest thing to find in football.

Secondary:  Whitehead may leave via FA.  I am mostly good with our secondary we should try to keep it together, even some of our lower end backups still have some value.  I could see Bryce Hall moving on but Ashtyn Davis has shown a lot of value this year.

Joe Douglas and the whole coaching staff.