Jets worst 5 year stretch in NFL history

20 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And there are still people defending Joe Douglas.

There are also people (I'd say the majority) unwilling to even contemplate the idea of trading Sauce or QW to help build an actual, competitive, not-worst-in-NFL-for-a-change Offense.

If you crunch the numbers, I'd wager the Jets have the worst collective scoring Offense over the past 25 years (since 1999), not just the last 6. 

Over that period our O has been ranked above 15th in scoring exactly...4 times. 

9th in 2008.  13th in both 2010/2011.  And 11th in 2015.

Our franchise, when it comes to scoring and QB play, is a joke.  A punchline.  

But sure, I guess we have a Elite CB who doesn't get any INT's (0 in 2023) and a Elite DTackle whose great at not getting sacks (3.5 in 2023). 

Good for us.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There are also people (I'd say the majority) unwilling to even contemplate the idea of trading Sauce or QW to help build an actual, competitive, not-worst-in-NFL-for-a-change Offense.

If you crunch the numbers, I'd wager the Jets have the worst collective scoring Offense over the past 25 years (since 1999), not just the last 6. 

But sure, I guess we have a Elite CB who doesn't get any INT's (0 in 2023) and a Elite DTackle whose great at not getting sacks (3.5 in 2023). 

Good for us.

Sauce and QW are absolute stud all-pros. But if trading them is the difference between having a really good defense or a really good offense then yes I completely agree trade them away and build that offense. But that isn't happening with this regime.

Ideally, you want a balanced team (look at Baltimore) but to have a balanced team you need the right coach who can oversee the whole team. We do not have that and if you are going to lean emphasis to one side of the ball...it should absolutely be the offense.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Good for us.

Several things can be true at the same time;

1.Sauce and Q are quality football players(though why you don't put Sauce on an island or the top WR, got me, but I digress). 

2. They  can be part of a winning program here. 

3. Unlike the Adams trade, trading them away would be a mistake. 

4. Jets failure to draft offense and continual refusal to have coaches that understand the requirement of scoring TDs and passing effectively doesn't mean you trade good defensive players for the unknown of draft picks.

5. And if you traded either you'd miss them immediately. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Good for us.

I agree.  No problem trading D for O.  It's also why they shouldn't resign Huff.  Even if it's relatively cheap - every free agent penny we have should go to Offense.

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

And they are bringing back everyone to appease Rodgers who is far on the downside.   It is going to get downright ugly next year if and when rodgers does not play like an all pro (which he won;t)

The Jets seem to think the injury warrants a reset. I think that is flat idiotic. Every other element of the Rodgers trade was an abject failure and Saleh and JD have been shown to be incompetent. I do not think you reward failure and just bring everything back thinking Rodgers fixes everything which is ludicrous on its face.

• Upvote 2