Does Garrett Wilson want out?

a WR depends on the QB more than any other position and we have given him the worst for 3 years. he cant be happy.

honestly you guys should prepare yourselfs for him not being a Jet soon. i doubt we are going to give him the 25-30 mil a year he is going to want. it would make sense to trade him after 2024 and get a kings Ransom. 

Adams and Hill both got traded cause they wanted too much money. plus by the time Rodgers is done in 2 years we are going to go the drafted QB root. i doubt he will want to stay for that. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, doitny said:

a WR depends on the QB more than any other position and we have given him the worst for 3 years. he cant be happy.

honestly you guys should prepare yourselfs for him not being a Jet soon. i doubt we are going to give him the 25-30 mil a year he is going to want. it would make sense to trade him after 2024 and get a kings Ransom. 

Adams and Hill both got traded cause they wanted too much money. plus by the time Rodgers is done in 2 years we are going to go the drafted QB root. i doubt he will want to stay for that. 

I thought about preparing myself for him not being a Jet soon.  Then I thought self, this kid is under contract through 2025 with a team option for 2026.  By the time I have to worry about this Aaron Rodgers will be collecting social security on his mushroom farm. You and I have vastly different ideas of what constitutes soon. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I thought about preparing myself for him not being a Jet soon.  Then I thought self, this kid is under contract through 2025 with a team option for 2026.  By the time I have to worry about this Aaron Rodgers will be collecting social security on his mushroom farm. You and I have vastly different ideas of what constitutes soon. 

yeah but if you want to get alot for him you trade him with 2 years left on that contract. if you let the contract run its course you get what one 1st rd comp pick? 

• Upvote 1

In all honesty, like others have said, what did you want him to say?

Wilson is a very intelligent kid. Committing to anything on a rookie deal is absurd, simply from a business perspective. Further, Wilson has no idea what the QB position will look like in 1-3 years.

This all can change in the blink of an eye. If Rodgers is healthy all year and they make a deep run into the playoffs, suddenly he will love this franchise. If the Jets find a franchise QB in the draft that Rodgers grooms, he will love this franchise. While all of that sounds unrealistic, given what we have seen with the Jets organization, the point is his mindset can change in a heartbeat. Winning cures all problems. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2024 at 3:21 AM, doitny said:

Garrett Wilson is capable of putting up Tyreek Hill #’s with a semi-decent qb

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Falco21 said:

In all honesty, like others have said, what did you want him to say?

Wilson is a very intelligent kid. Committing to anything on a rookie deal is absurd, simply from a business perspective. Further, Wilson has no idea what the QB position will look like in 1-3 years.

This all can change in the blink of an eye. If Rodgers is healthy all year and they make a deep run into the playoffs, suddenly he will love this franchise. If the Jets find a franchise QB in the draft that Rodgers grooms, he will love this franchise. While all of that sounds unrealistic, given what we have seen with the Jets organization, the point is his mindset can change in a heartbeat. Winning cures all problems. 

If Rodgers is healthy and we sign a decent veteran backup qb like Wentz or Brisset

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Garrett Wilson is capable of putting up Tyreek Hill #’s with a semi-decent qb

exactly. that why any talk of giving up top draft picks for Davante Adams is crazy. we have a Adams or a Hill. he just needs a QB.

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2024 at 11:30 AM, Beerfish said:

That comment does not suggest that he wants out.  It suggests, like every NFL player that he wants to get paid.

Not just that about this guy. Will he get paid anywhere. He wants to WIN too. You can see how frustrated he has been on lack of production from the offense. I can tell you this, if the offense is worst in NFL (thanks to Joe doughnuts ) or near it when his contract is up, he’s going elsewhere.

He's under contract for 3 more years likely and 4 if you count that we can tag him. So not an issue we even need to be talking about. Having a QB that can actually throw him the ball and read defenses will fix nearly everything.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He's under contract for 3 more years likely and 4 if you count that we can tag him. So not an issue we even need to be talking about. Having a QB that can actually throw him the ball and read defenses will fix nearly everything.

I'm sorry but I don't think this is true...

1) WR quite often force their way off a team

2) and I think more important - even if he can't get off the team, the fact that he felt the need to say this tells me he has little faith in the people running the organization.