Hackett didn’t realize how productive Breece could be in passing game

14 hours ago, varjet said:

Payton was right.  Should not have said it publicly, but he was right.  

I think to get a 2 win increase with this overall crew in 2024 would be a stretch. 

2 win ? A stretch ? Lol. Anyone BUT Zach Wilson and Jets EASILY win 2-3 more games at least this yr. That is just throwing an average arm out there, not named Zach Wilson. With Aaron definitely should be 3-5 more.

The D tried to win games all on their own this yr. They just had the worst qb in the league on those games. Sure Zach wasn’t the worst qb in the NFL “ every” week, just most lol. He can’t get shackled as bad as he’s been made out to be simply because Jets O is so bad thanks to Joe Douglas. Or you are going to have to hail him as the best OC ever too on the flip side, when he orchestrated back to back MVP seasons from Aaron rodgers late in his career. That’s never been done before. 

18 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What kind of quote is this from a coach honestly? Maybe it was taken out of context? You’re the offensive coordinator supposed to be getting the best out of our players and you didn’t realize how much of a weapon Breece is in the passing game?

He tried to say it was just hall was not in game shape. 

No bro your playing calling is ass. Worse offense that lafluer and the great frank gore led Adam gase offense.

Worse than those. Omg shoot me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

2 win ? A stretch ? Lol. Anyone BUT Zach Wilson and Jets EASILY win 2-3 more games at least this yr. That is just throwing an average arm out there, not named Zach Wilson. With Aaron definitely should be 3-5 more.

The D tried to win games all on their own this yr. They just had the worst qb in the league on those games. Sure Zach wasn’t the worst qb in the NFL “ every” week, just most lol. He can’t get shackled as bad as he’s been made out to be simply because Jets O is so bad thanks to Joe Douglas. Or you are going to have to hail him as the best OC ever too on the flip side, when he orchestrated back to back MVP seasons from Aaron rodgers late in his career. That’s never been done before. 

Not true. Zach didn't play great for a few games sure but after KC he was running the system as called. Played more than good enough to win

Just the game plan and play calls were terrible.

This revisionist history where we just had a bad QB is BS

Hackett lost us those game. Plaina and simple

When you look at the Jets 2023 offense:

• The OC was Hackett, who was Rodgers MVP OC for two years in GB 2 and 3 years ago.  I don't know who else was on the staff there.
  • Todd Downing was the Passing Game Coordinator.  I don't know what he was doing.  He did not have much to work with on the QB side for much of the season.  I would think he would be figuring out pass blocking.
  • The weak link was obviously Keith Carter, who came with baggage.   He is the Running Game Coordinator/OL coach.  He is not doing much OL coaching.  
  • Keith Carter is not getting fired and replaced unless Saleh and JD get extensions, because I don't know who is going to want a 1 year job.   Maybe Nick Mangold would do it. 

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Carter was coming in on basically every 3rd down before he was cut. 

it was infuriating. a lot of us new breece was our best or second best offensive player. when he wasn't in on 2 minute drills and like most 3rd downs we were like WTF!!!