Keith Carter, Todd Downing expected to return

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

He was; hangs onto the ball forever, coupled with the Panicky Pete running backward thing. But the OL was mostly terrible. Would think a new OL coach is in order and then some. But guess again; off a BS win, Bob Salad is bringing back his buddies. Accountability? 

They were all terrible. Zach and his OL and the coaching. I'd like to say I can't see them bringing back most of the OL, but I never underestimate the Jets' poor judgment. 

Everyone's justified concern at OLC is hopefully quelled by less flux on the OL throughout the season, which is there were just too many plays where a free rusher came through a giant hole up the gut while two IOL blocked the same DT, in effect clearing a path for that free rusher. It's hard to watch, and that won't improve just because we're swapping out Zach for someone who belongs on the field at QB. 

Every QB gets pressured every game, and sacked in almost every game, but if our starters can stay healthy and aren't given the task of learning and practicing at 2-3 positions apiece then hopefully that's kept to a minimum. The Jets' Jack of all trades, master of none OL strategy hasn't been paying big dividends for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They were all terrible. Zach and his OL and the coaching. I'd like to say I can't see them bringing back most of the OL, but I never underestimate the Jets' poor judgment. 

Everyone's justified concern at OLC is hopefully quelled by less flux on the OL throughout the season, which is there were just too many plays where a free rusher came through a giant hole up the gut while two IOL blocked the same DT, in effect clearing a path for that free rusher. It's hard to watch, and that won't improve just because we're swapping out Zach for someone who belongs on the field at QB. 

Every QB gets pressured every game, and sacked in almost every game, but if our starters can stay healthy and aren't given the task of learning and practicing at 2-3 positions apiece then hopefully that's kept to a minimum. The Jets' Jack of all trades, master of none OL strategy hasn't been paying big dividends for the Jets. 

As a qb you must have at least one of these attributes to survive:  1) very quick decision making and quick release (the burrow model), or 2) superior athlete with average instincts (the fields model).  Wilson was just awful at #1, but an ok athlete.  The problem even with #2 with wilson was that he preferred to extend plays by running backwards to buy time to use his strong arm, rather than run forward and take a modest gain (or not lose yards).  This all made the OL look worse that it was.  W/o absurd injuries, and by replacing becton, the OL should be ok if not decent.

2 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It’s the opposite, actually. It’s a very deliberate choice. The worst part about this year is we dated the hot crazy chick without being able to **** her and were just left with crazy. 

Not the hot crazy chick; that can be way more fun. That's making the playoffs, not marriage materiel, but for a time lots of degenerate fun. Ends when she shows up at 5AM on Tuesday professing her undying love drunk off her ass when you have to go to work, but I digress.

Jets are the kinda hot girl who won't put out, wants a huge commitment and wants you to be around 24/7 to indulge her nonsense. No fun, no payoff. 

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Becton sucking has more to do with him not playing football for 2 years than Kevin Carter's coaching. I can't tell you whether Carter is a good or bad coach, but the offensive line's problems run far deeper than the coach.

I'm not "high" on Becton, but I do think he's salvageable as a right tackle or swing tackle. If he wants to come back at $6M a year and compete at RT, I'd be open to it.

No, he isn't. If he would work for a make good number, might think about it. But the jets would be insane to bring him back. Doesn't stay in shape and not a student of the game. More interested in the nonsense than the job. He'll get an offer because he's physically huge and teams will take a chance. But if he thinks anyone is giving him top dollar long term money, he has rocks for brains. Which we know already. 

22 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

As a qb you must have at least one of these attributes to survive:  1) very quick decision making and quick release (the burrow model), or 2) superior athlete with average instincts (the fields model).  Wilson was just awful at #1, but an ok athlete.  The problem even with #2 with wilson was that he preferred to extend plays by running backwards to buy time to use his strong arm, rather than run forward and take a modest gain (or not lose yards).  This all made the OL look worse that it was.  W/o absurd injuries, and by replacing becton, the OL should be ok if not decent.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, a lot of the reason for not tucking & running as soon as he entered escape mode was he was escaping to try to continue to look downfield, maybe figuring even after running backwards he has the arm to throw it anywhere.

I don't know, I'm just guessing. I can't get into his head, even if there is probably spare room in there.

Whatever, at least it seems they've finally accepted moving on. 

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Probably all the injuries.

Okay, that can be an excuse but then they keep on trotting out Tomlinson or start turner at rt and have an oline that continues to have tons of procedural penalties. And that’s on top of the matador pass protection.  Plus there are suggestions that players are getting hurt in practice.