Brian Daboll Is A Lunatic

Well yeah this is the guy that in a preseason game had his offense run a stutter go on sauce first play and then a punt block 8 man rush on defense first play. He’s insecure and quite a douche 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Well yeah this is the guy that in a preseason game had his offense run a stutter go on sauce first play and then a punt block 8 man rush on defense first play. He’s insecure and quite a douche 

i still would not rule out the Giants moving on from him if BB wants to come home

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

i still would not rule out the Giants moving on from him if BB wants to come home

The giants aren’t his home I don’t think in his mind and the job stinks. Gotta think he wants total control too. Not going to work under the Giants GM that gave jones a mega deal 

56 minutes ago, Larz said:

Is that illegal? 

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

looks that way but a part of me does not see him there

No it’s probably the job with highest probability of him having a successful season next year.  I hate Belichick and the pompous media love fest I had to endure with him last 20 years. Nauseating 

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't they just get an excellent OL coach from the Raiders?

they were good this year but who really knows. he was with the Pats for 2 years before the Raiders. and just came into the NFL from college in 2019. moves around alot for a excellent OL coach.

lets see who they get for DC.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Big Blue Circus! I enjoy seeing them suck...It's filling my 13 years without the playoffs void. 

If their DC cost them the Jets' game (like Daboll said), that might be the thing that propels them back to relevance.  Possibly they get a FQB because of it.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Looks like he’s locked in on the falcons job which is probably a better gig anyway

im shocked. i would think he would go to a team with a QB like the LAC. maybe they didnt want him.

It was only a matter of time. Stuff like this is why I roll my eyes at fans once they start complaining about coaches or players being too stoic durimg games. They see some coach or player get mad and throw stuff around and they think " he's mad like me". Coaches shouldn't be behaving like fans on the sidelines, they should know how to keep their composure when facing adversity

Has Mike Francesa commented on this yet?

for over a year he has heaped praise upon the lordly classy Giants and the elite coaching staff they constructed...he loved Daboll and Martindale, has called the Giants one of the better coached teams in football...they finally righted the ship and have returned to past glory. 

The one insanely lucky fluke year of 2022 put Daboll on the path to future Parcellian success!

Thing is...Daboll already had a reputation around the league for being a hot headed psycho jerk who is hated and clashes with fellow staff everywhere he's coached. Eventually that was going to rear its ugly head and last year he melted down and turned into an insufferable micro managing douche...to the point the GM had to eavesdrop on his headset! And this is year 2 after a coach of the year season 1! If the GM is doing that then it's not just Martindale (who is respected around the league) it's probably a lot of people throughout the org finding Daboll to be toxic and impossible

On 1/16/2024 at 6:25 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder what would've been said about Bill Parcells, had he coached in this era.

Parcells was not like this to his assistants and was not an out of control micro managing verbally abusive jerk. Parcells was a great motivator and knew what buttons to push in regards to getting the most/best out of his players and staff. Parcells was always in control even when you perhaps might think he wasn't...he was tactful.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:56 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't they just get an excellent OL coach from the Raiders?

It looked like the Las Vegas Raiders‘ coaching staff was struck with a blow when offensive line coach Carmen Bricillo left for the New York Giants but that may have not been the case. According to ESPN’s Jordan Raanan, players weren’t vibing with the coach.

“He wasn’t a favorite of players in Las Vegas, according to multiple sources,” Raanan wrote in a January 18 column. “There were questions about his coaching techniques, and the Raiders didn’t exactly put up a fight to retain his services, given his connection to coach Josh McDaniels, who was fired Oct. 31.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/las-vegas-raiders/carmen-bricillo-giants-ol-rumors/amp/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Has Mike Francesa commented on this yet?

for over a year he has heaped praise upon the lordly classy Giants and the elite coaching staff they constructed...he loved Daboll and Martindale, has called the Giants one of the better coached teams in football...they finally righted the ship and have returned to past glory. 

The one insanely lucky fluke year of 2022 put Daboll on the path to future Parcellian success!

Thing is...Daboll already had a reputation around the league for being a hot headed psycho jerk who is hated and clashes with fellow staff everywhere he's coached. Eventually that was going to rear its ugly head and last year he melted down and turned into an insufferable micro managing douche...to the point the GM had to eavesdrop on his headset! And this is year 2 after a coach of the year season 1! If the GM is doing that then it's not just Martindale (who is respected around the league) it's probably a lot of people throughout the org finding Daboll to be toxic and impossible

I listen to his podcast.  He’s been pretty hard on the giants this year

• Upvote 1