Jets add Another Former Titans Assistant to Coaching Staff

Tony-Dews.jpg

Clearly elated with the work his friend Keith Carter has done with the offensive line since coming to the Jets, Robert Saleh is adding another former Titans assistant to his coaching staff.  Running backs coach Tony Dews will join Carter in the Jets offensive meeting room.

This, according to Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports.

The Jets are hiring Tony Dews as their next running backs coach, source says. He previously coached the running backs and tight ends over the past 6 years with the Titans.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) January 27, 2024

Up until this point, Dews had held his position in Tennessee since 2018 and also worked with the Titan’s tight ends.

He’ll be replacing Taylor Embree, who will not be returning to the team next season.

The post Jets add Another Former Titans Assistant to Coaching Staff appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

49 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

We might as well call up Vrabel and ask him to come join us also... This way we won't have to fire too many guys when Salad gets dumped in 2025.

I'd be all for that!  Is there any chance Woody is somehow involved in these hires and is also being devious here and trying to entice Vrabel?

Nah!

• Haha 1

I really think that the Jets should become a dupe of the Packers with AR8 on offense and a tough 3-4 defense.  Bring in Vrable/BB and transform the team over.  

This Saleh I need to spend 1/2 the cap and draft picks on DL and not being able to stop the run or cover the middle of the field unless you have Fred Warner is for the birds. 

I am shocked, absolutely shocked that no one has swooped in to make Vrabel an offer he cannot refuse. IMO, he is a top level coach. When he gets somewhere he is appreciated he will become the next John Harbaugh.
I wonder a bit if he's choosing to take a year out? Has he even had an interview anywhere?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 1/27/2024 at 7:28 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd be all for that!  Is there any chance Woody is somehow involved in these hires and is also being devious here and trying to entice Vrabel?

Nah!

Probably not...