Dan Patrick - Rodgers Fingerprints All Over Jets Mess

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

We literally got the worst OC ever, and a bunch of scrubs that Rodgers likes hanging out with.  They took up valuable roster spots and produced NOTHING.  We are in the playoffs if we just had signed Derek Carr and kept our picks.  I mean, come on, we traded when we could have just signed someone.  And then settling for a backup Edge over a starting OT in the 2023 draft.

I understand that people want this acquisition to work, but nothing has remotely changed for anything positive since the 2022 season ended. NOTHING.

Sorry, no. This is indeed a fantasy.

Derek Carr was absolute trash this season. Believe me. I watched a lot of Saints games this year. He would have been worse behind the Jets o-line. And we'd be stuck with him long-term.

The only blame that Rodgers deserves is for not letting the ball go on time on the play he was injured. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 2/2/2024 at 2:50 PM, Jets Things said:

Who has time to watch/listen to this? Work, walking the dog, getting kids off the bus/helping with homework, porking the wife for 1/2 hour during lunch, etc. Just give me the tl;Dr. 

1/2 hour? Weak.

On 2/2/2024 at 2:37 PM, TBJ said:

He played 4 snaps and brough in a couple pals in Lazard and Cobb. Yea they both were incredibly underperfoming w/o Rodgers but gimme a freaking break.   Its not his fault he was injured. QB's get injured all the time. Brady was injured and missed a big part of a seaon.  Tua'shad like 10 concussins. Burrows missed a season and again last year was hurt. Herbert missed the last part of the season.  Watson  alsp was hurt, probably getting a massage. Murray was hurt a year ago etc etc etc. But lets just pick on the Jets. Besides, it wasnt Rodgeres fault. It was JD's fault for not fortifying the OL last year.  We should all grab a limb and tear JD apart like a pretzel.  @kevinc855 can then put it on youtube. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Derek Carr was absolute trash this season. Believe me. I watched a lot of Saints games this year. He would have been worse behind the Jets o-line. And we'd be stuck with him long-term.

The only blame that Rodgers deserves is for not letting the ball go on time on the play he was injured. 

I get your point, but I stopped believing in Santa Claus at age 7.   We are scaaaarrrrreeewwwwweeeddddd.

• Haha 2

On 2/2/2024 at 5:13 PM, Jerichoholic said:

The Rex (defensive coach) parallel has been a strong sub narrative here over the last two years. Only the ante is getting upped a bit with the Salah's hands being tied innuendo ... pretty sure we are already leaking all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Rex took jets to back to back AFC championships in his first 2 years, with mark Fing sanchez as his qb lol..

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Carr this year had more wins, more yards, 1 less td pass, 4 fewer ints, 4% better comp rating and 1 more win than the guy we are hoping saves our butts had his last year with the packers.  If Rodgers had the year Carr just had Jets fans would be falling all over themselves with how good he was.

And no Rodgers deserves more blame than getting hurt, his presence made this team much much much worse

Derek Carr - a large QB contract for a medium level QB, that's it and that is all

Rodgers - A large QB contract, a trade down in the first round, a second rounder last year a second rounder this year, Tim Boyle, Randall Cobb, Allan Lazard, Billy Turner, Dalvin Cook and worst of all by far Nathaniel Hackett.

The Jets would be 100 times better off with Carr.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Carr this year had more wins, more yards, 1 less td pass, 4 fewer ints, 4% better comp rating and 1 more win than the guy we are hoping saves our butts had his last year with the packers.  If Rodgers had the year Carr just had Jets fans would be falling all over themselves with how good he was.

And no Rodgers deserves more blame than getting hurt, his presence made this team much much much worse

Derek Carr - a large QB contract for a medium level QB, that's it and that is all

Rodgers - A large QB contract, a trade down in the first round, a second rounder last year a second rounder this year, Tim Boyle, Randall Cobb, Allan Lazard, Billy Turner, Dalvin Cook and worst of all by far Nathaniel Hackett.

Did you watch the Saints this year? He threw for less than 200 yards 6 times this season. A few big games skewed his season stats. Big deal. 

Ask a Saints fan what they think of Carr.

New Orleans played in the weakest division in football and couldn't make the playoffs.

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Not really. We practically had the same record , standing W/L record in 23 as we did in 22.  We gave up what we gave up but we still have a shot at redemption with Rodgers over the next 2 years or are you a non-believer? 

23 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Not really. We practically had the same record , standing W/L record in 23 as we did in 22.  We gave up what we gave up but we still have a shot at redemption with Rodgers over the next 2 years or are you a non-believer? 

Yes indeed I am a non believer.

Team is worse due to Rodgers player wise and coaching wise.

Rodgers is over 40

He has had back to back injury years.

His last year with the Packers he was only okay and his team missed the playoffs.

Now maybe the jets can get rid of all the utter trash Rodgers presence saddled us with last year and we will be lucky.

I'll be amazed if Rodgers returns to mvp rodgers like his believers feel he will.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes indeed I am a non believer.

Team is worse due to Rodgers player wise and coaching wise.

Rodgers is over 40

He has had back to back injury years.

His last year with the Packers he was only okay and his team missed the playoffs.

Now maybe the jets can get rid of all the utter trash Rodgers presence saddled us with last year and we will be lucky.

I'll be amazed if Rodgers returns to mvp rodgers like his believers feel he will.

For a Mets fan you have such little faith.